Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Midnight Madness 4/14/06

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    hehe laura u got jokes... we'll see how im running by next midnight madness =)
    '03 Black # 4977 ----SOLD
    Mods: 2.80 Upper, 6# lower, Accufab SBTB, Intake, DiabloSport Predator ---- 410 hp/522 tq

'06 Pontiac GTO 6-Speed

Mods: DiabloSport Predator

Best 1/4 Mile: 13.4 @ 108

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I will meet upo with you guys at Publix on PGA and Turnpike. Give me a hollar when you guys leave the rest area down south. John 561-722-5908

Name: Sean

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I won't be able to check the board anymore until maybe lunch time today but that's not guaranteed. Laura, if anything changes give me a call 954-610-6611 if not, I'll see you and your boyfriend at the Pompano Plaza at 5:30
    Sean E.
    '02 DSG HD ( Gone but will always have a special place in my heart...)

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    have a good time guys, i wont be able to make it. i just realized that it is good friday. of all the weekends this is the one i just cannot attend.

V-TEC THIS
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i dont think ill be going up this time maybe next time ill go

Man this is expensive!!!
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    So how did it go???

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I got 3 runs in The first run I ran a 14.006 the 2nd run I redlighted and my last run I ran a 14.002. I have the slips in the truck so I can post my r/t and other stuff. I was hoping I would get paired up with a supercharged Orange Hemi GTX truck. He ran a 14.7. Overall I had a good time but on the way home I felt I should have had better numbers. I've said this before when I put on my 6# lower, at WOT I'm only showing 10 pounds of boost. I feel I should have more. And it doesn't matter the weather either. Maybe when it's cooler it goes to 10.5 but that's it.

Man this is expensive!!!
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Sean, aren't you still running around on a lifted head?? 10#'s is low for a 6#er.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2manytrucks
    Sean, aren't you still running around on a lifted head?? 10#'s is low for a 6#er.
    lifted head?? I don't know what that is. The pulley I bought from Venom at my first gtg. I don't know what the problem is I just wish I could figure out the problem.

Man this is expensive!!!
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I thought you had said that you were in the market for a built motor because of some issues you had with the motor...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    When I was going to put the truck on a Mustang Dyno back in January the shop owner didn't feel comfortable doing the dyno because he noticed some contamination in the coolant. He also checked under truck and noticed a very very small leak from the back of the head. He said it isn't bad but combined with the mileage I have on the truck (55k) He thought it might be risking it on a Mustang Dyno. This boost problem goes back to right after I installed the pulley last year. Unfortunately I can't get a definitive answer on why my Boost is low. On average I think people have been seeing at least 12# on a 6lb lower.

Man this is expensive!!!
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I remember the GTG where we put on both of our lower pulleys. I believe we even compared the ring sizes. I wonder where that 2 pounds is going?? If it were leaking out at on of the blower gaskets, you would think that you could hear it. Maybe a bad boost guage??

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2manytrucks
    I remember the GTG where we put on both of our lower pulleys. I believe we even compared the ring sizes. I wonder where that 2 pounds is going?? If it were leaking out at on of the blower gaskets, you would think that you could hear it. Maybe a bad boost guage??
    Yeah I was thinking that too. I think I'll pick up a new gauge later today and switch it out to see if it makes a difference. My current gauge is a Stewart warner but I'll get an Autometer.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sean and Laura both did good i wish they would have let me run
    now i gotta try and find rims and or rims with tire to run

JUST FOR SoFlaHarley
    Name: Adam

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sean, I got your message. my phone died shortly after we got done talking on Friday. I'm having another sent on Tuesday so I'll be down till then.

sounds like you had traction problems (3sec 60ft times). the other numbers are telling a sad story. 14 sec for a 6lb lower just plain sucks. something is not right. Mike is running basically the same set up as you and if you convert his Lakeland 1/8 mile track #'s to 1/4 mile #'s hea going low 13's. are you planning on having Torrie dyno you truck at the GTG? I cant rember if you told me what your MPH was but you should be around 97-100MPH for what youve got.

hope you had a good time learning the ropes

Adam

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast