Thread: 12w7 Box for rear console

Name: Sean

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

12w7 Box for rear console

When I first bought my truck last year, I went by a car audio shop and they were telling me about a fiberglass enclosure they made for a 12w7 to fit in the rear console of the Harley Truck. Well the person who had the box had everything taken out of the truck so he could trade in but i was able to snap some pictures of the box. I was curious about this because I have a 12w7 sitting in my dining room that I was going to put in my truck but I then deciding to put a stealthbox in instead. This enclosure was made to fit inside the console with some modifications necessary. I was told that the box volume is about 1 cubic feet. A little small for that woofer but I was told that the box sounded good. I wish I could have heard it for myself because the owner wants to sell it. I wanted to know what you guys thought. Btw the additional wires is for neon that the guy had. I'd take that out though.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Not that I'm disagreeing with you, but that box is small..even for a sealed W7. I would think that box is way too small to sound good. There's no way that's a cubic foot with the sub's magnet displacing so much of the console. A cubic foot is 12"x12"x12" worth of airspace, maybe the pics don't do it justice, but that looks to be nowhere close. . Maybe I'm wrong...I don't profess to be a car audio guru. I did see in one pic that there's polyfill behind the subwoofer, which makes the box sound bigger than what it is.

My guys work with fiberglass with almost every W7 and Alpine X subwoofer, and I've never seen a box that small used for a W7.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2TonHog
    Not that I'm disagreeing with you, but that box is small..even for a sealed W7. I would think that box is way too small to sound good. There's no way that's a cubic foot with the sub's magnet displacing so much of the console. A cubic foot is 12"x12"x12" worth of airspace, maybe the pics don't do it justice, but that looks to be nowhere close. . Maybe I'm wrong...I don't profess to be a car audio guru. I did see in one pic that there's polyfill behind the subwoofer, which makes the box sound bigger than what it is.

My guys work with fiberglass with almost every W7 and Alpine X subwoofer, and I've never seen a box that small used for a W7.
    I agree that box is very small for a 12w7. I was very surprised to see that size box to hold a 12w7. I've been on JL Audio's website looking at the specs for optimum enclosures for sealed and ported boxes for a 12w7. I also wish I could have heard this box in the guys truck too. I was told he listens to hip hop mostly and he was very happy with the bass. If it was my box I would have forgotten about the neon and plexiglass and stuffed the heck out of the box with polyfill.

Name:

Liked 111 Times in 76 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SoFlaHarley
    If it was my box I would have forgotten about the neon and plexiglass and stuffed the heck out of the box with polyfill.
    plexi and neons is where its at

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlairTruck
    plexi and neons is where its at
    I agree it looks good when it's done right. It just isn't done right on that 12w7 box.
    Sean E.
    '02 DSG HD ( Gone but will always have a special place in my heart...)

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sean,
    have you gotten a box yet ? give me a ring if your not installed yet maybe we can set up a audio mod day i have a pile of stuff to start getting installed. next w/e we'll be in Leesburg FL for the 2006 Harley M/C rally but any other time
    954-448-3535
    Greg

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I actually have a friend of mine who used to be an installer building a box for me. He'll only be able to do some stuff on the weekends because of his day job. The box isn't going to be fancy but it will look stock but we'll have to remove the rear console completely.

Que Bolada!!!
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    i'm in for a audio mod day .......i just got a alpine IVA-W200 TO istall.