Thread: Help fellow members

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Angry Help fellow members

well I have bad news. I got into a accident today and the front of my truck is pretty much gone. Was not my fault but the guy who was 2 cars ahead of us that slammed on his brakes took off. Nice huh? well not a big deal and at least I get a new paint job out of it. well my question is can any of you recommend any body shops around here (newport news/yorktown/hampton) area that does a good job. I dont want jo bob's shop working on my truck.

thank

gap

Outta Sight...
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Gap

When my '01 was torn up in an accident I got a local shop here called Bills Body Shop to work on my truck its located in Lancaster, VA about an hour and a half north of NewPort News....I know its a bit of a haul for you but they do EXCELLENT work..my '01 was done to where you couldnt even tell it had been worked on...they do very good work...I am sure there are good shops a bit closer to you but I have never gone anywhere but Bill's..mayb someone else on here can point you towards someone closer!!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    thanks alot for the reply I will keep it in mind. I would tow it all the way out there if I have to. I dont want anyone touching my truck that will make it worse off than when I drove it.

thanks

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Wish I could reccomend one but I dont even like most of the ones around here.
    Most are butchers I would say.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I do all my own paint and body work, which depending on how bad your truck is, it's the best way

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fast'03
    I do all my own paint and body work, which depending on how bad your truck is, it's the best way
    the front end is pretty much gone. hood/fenders/bumper/grill the front doors are jammed but I think it is because of the fenders

Outta Sight...
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Let me know if cant find one down there I will get you the phone number for Bills

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    well I have an update on my situation. First my insurance called me today and told me that they were investigating the accident cause they think I was set up. They believe that all the cars around me set me up to get the insurance money. Why else would they all flee the scene once it happened. Plus no one else got hit. The witnesses said they were sure that all four cars (Mine was the third) hit each other. But only me and the guy I hit hard stayed. well we shall see.
    Thanks to the members who told me about mario at suttle. They were great and they grabbed my truck fast from Joe Bob's towing and took it to their shop. They are tearing it apart and I get to go see what is all broke in the am. Plus I have the list of my new parts that they are going to order for me to install. I am going with a cobra hood other than my stock. why not right?? plus some other stuff. Heat exchanger/new cold air intake etc etc.
    again guys thanks for the heads up

gap

Just my Pickup & my Dog
    Name: Chris

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Man I only thought they did Bonzai attacks in T.J. That sucks.

SoCal Band of Crappers..Uhh minus Chromey

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Got an update to my situation. I just got to go to court and the judge threw my case out. The cop said it appeared that I was set up. So that is cool with me. Plus I stopped by the body shop (by the way they are great) and I looked at my new parts and I am pumped. The cobra hood looks bad azz. Plus I am saving a mint by using an aftermarket intercooler from chikeneers. I am saving almost 500 bucks. to cool. I am being told that I will be on the road by mig may. I will only miss 2 car shows so not to bad

take care guys

gap

shenanigans
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    glad you got good news gap!!!

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Glad to hear good news. Show us some pics when you get er done.