Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: May 2006 Truck Of The Month - Congrats Lucas "Cool Hand Luke" Benjamin! (NHTOC #385)

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts

Smile May 2006 Truck Of The Month - Congrats Lucas "Cool Hand Luke" Benjamin! (NHTOC #385)

Congrats to Cool Hand Luke and is SWEET 2005 HD Superduty on May 2006 TOTM!!!

Sorry its taken so long to get up, but some slight delays this month on getting it all together. THe article is all done up, and pics will be up as soon as Luke uploads some nice shots to a NHTOC album

until then....enjoy the article, and congrats to Luke on TOTM!!!

Question # 1: What sparked your interests in the Harley trucks?
    Specifically your Blue 2005?

The idea of being unique and turning heads at the same time. Also the pure passion for making something represent who I am.

Question # 2: Any interesting stories behind the history of vehicles
    you've owned leading up to the HD truck or how you got it?

My first vehicle was a Roush Expedition which I had supercharged and painted to resemble the 2003 Harley Two-Tone. To keep the Expy unique I chose to go with a Pearl White and change the curve of the paint near the hood. Once I had it Painted the 2004 Harley Super Duty’s came out. At that point I had to get one. When I first saw a picture of the 2005’s I placed my order. Even though I love my truck I still miss the Expedition. Cornering was a blast in it… Cornering in the truck is non-existent. It does everything in its power to go in a straight line. Haha.

Question # 3: Give me a rough list of the mods that have been done to your truck. I know you've got a lot done, so you can just list for favorites if you'd like!
    Interior: Eclipse 5495 Double Din DVD, JL Audio 10W7 mounted in the rear console
    Suspention: 4 inch Skyjacker with 35 inch Toyo Open Country M/T’s
    Performance: Banks Kit, AFe stage 2 Intake, ANSA Silverline Turbo Back Dual Exhaust.

Question # 4: Tell us a little about yourself. Your other hobbies, your job, your favorite past time, whatever!
    I am 20 years of age, attending Northern Arizona University, majoring in Construction Management. I have had a long time passion for Airplanes, Helicopters and Vehicles. Growing up I got the desire to fly with my dad, flying in his aircraft and the Vehicle craze with my mom and her cars. It all started with her ’68 Porsche 911L. I will soon work for my father’s company (Morley Builders) which my grandfather started 60 years ago.

Question # 5: You've been a member on the site for quite a while now, what is one of the best things you like about the site that keeps you around?
    Everyone who has something to say, actually has something intelligent to say. It’s a great group of people who are very accepting of each other.

Question # 6: What is one suggestion to help make the site a better place?
    I would like to have user profiles be more interactive, such as having gallery links in each profile. Each person who adds a photo should have those photos linked to their profile. This way we can see each others trucks with a simple click. It would also be nice to have featured pictures of each member’s trucks rather than the animated screen shots that most members have.

Question # 7: This is where I normally ask about where you decided on your screen name at, and Cool Hand Luke sounds familiar from some where, but care to explain the story behind it?
    There is a movie starring Paul Newman, where he plays a convicted thief (cutting the heads off parking meters) called Cool Hand Luke. Being that my name is Luke, my friends have called me Cool hand Luke for several years. My old Expedition had the license plate KUL(hand)LUC… Soon to be on my Harley.

Question # 8: Almost at the end, what is in the future for your truck? With modding from the get-go, I know you’ve got to have something up your sleeve for the HD in the future!
    Indeed I do! I just ordered a Donahoe Racing 7 inch lift with Fox Coilovers along with 37 inch Toyo Open Country M/T’s. There is a dealer for LineX who is going to spray the Axles, Frame and Wheel Wells. Once I have those mods done, I will then repaint the truck keeping the True Blue, but changing the flames to the same Pearl White that my Expedition had.

Question 9: Last and final question, just an open end question for if you had anything else you wanted to mention that I didn’t have a question for...here's the place to go at it! Your website link, a plug for something, etc. etc. whatever you want to throw in!
    For an extensive gallery of my truck please feel free to visit this link: http://fordtruckworld.tenmagazines.c...ry.ten?id=5046 Keep an eye out for new pictures in the next few weeks of the lift and LineX work.

To Quote Martha Graham “You do not even have to believe in yourself or your work. You have to keep open and aware directly to the urges that motivate you…. There is no satisfaction whatever at any time. There is only queer, divine dissatisfaction; a blessed unrest that keeps us marching and makes us more alive than the others.”

And with that, I would like to say on behalf of the entire community at NHTOC, thanks for being a supporting member for all these years, and for always being there to help everybody out!! Congrats on TOTM May, 2006!
    Last edited by BigD; 05-07-2006 at 07:34 AM.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats,Luke!!!!!!!

#4954, 12APR01
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    LUKE,
    Congrats and looking forward to the pictures (so hurry up and GIT R DONE)

shenanigans
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    congrats man, nice to see one of the big trucks get it!!!
    2001 Harley Davidson F150 SuperCrew w/ many mods SOLD

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats Sir.....

The Man
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Where are the pics?

Congrats! I was wondering when one of the F250's were gonna get the honor.

Man this is expensive!!!
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Congrats Luke!!!

My Screename doesn't work
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    congrats!

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Nice Truck!!!

"Fuzion" 1986-2007 R.I.P.
    Name: Troy

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    Looks Great! And Congrats!
    Troy - 2002 DSG #09850. 378 HP, 465 TQ

Yeah, it's fast...
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats Luke!!! can't wait to see the new look!

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts
    Nice looking truck bro'.....congrats too!

Mods=L&S Oil Sep, Blackwood trim & mirror caps, Navi ant' base, E-brake pedal, CAI, C&L Intake & Plenum, 95mm MAF tube, SBTB, 170 T-Stat, Predator+RWTD custom tune, 8# lower, PG Ti900.7 amp, JLA XR570-CXi & Stealthbox, FTVB, Finned Trans Pan, Line of Fire LED, J-Jent Grille, RotorPro Dimpled & Slotted rotors, LED taillights, chrome door strikes, billet locks & coat hangers, ChickenEars Engine Billet package #1&2+door sills, Metco billet aux idler bracket & pulleys, LFP E-Fan, Xenarc HID heads, clear corners, Roush HID fogs, Bedrug, L' 3rd, Kenwood DDX-7017 DVD+TV+Sirrius+RevCam, Lotek dual pillar pod with AutoMeter boost gauge & DynoJet WBC, fog switch mod, UPR billet window switches and door locks, FAST overlays, LFP 58" bars, Hotchkis TVS, Bilsteins, DblG Panhard, Cervinis Cobra R hood, BFG T/A KDW 2 tires, Hawk Ceramic pads, MGP caliper covers.

NOBLE
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thumbs up

Congrats........ Nice truck!!!!!!!!

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Thumbs up

congrats

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats dude