Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Lighting tails FOR FREE

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    +6 Lol

Black Max Coming Soon!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Those tails arent badat all, i had them on my truck once and then i switched to the actual (OEM look a like in smoke). The only things missing in those are the back up lense and the grooved lines in the primary lense. Here are close ups Ohh before i forget, this replica RH side L-tail has been sitting under my computer desk for awhile now tazz if you want only one its your, you pay shipping. It only has a couple of minor scratches that you can get out "probably". I only have one due to the fact the mod bug hit me and i tried to seperate the LH side tail to paint it black, and i broke the lense. If he dosent want it someone let me know ill keep it just in case
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by cobra94; 05-13-2006 at 07:26 AM.

Always working
    Name: Big John

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by s|ck
    those tail lights look a little wierd for some reason
    there knockoffs, no lens over the back up light bulb that I can see.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TX Harley Guy
    there knockoffs, no lens over the back up light bulb that I can see.
    HHmmmm....guess I should have done my research. I just bought this Supercrew and I'm trying to dress it up a little using OEM parts. I wouldn't know an OEM tail from an aftermarket one.

The tails are at my house and I'm out of town until Wednesday night..guess I didn't get such a great deal after all huh?

RH

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Thanks Cobra for your generosity and I do appreciate the offer but Im going to pass. The water residue is not that bad so I might just take silicone and put at the end of the screw to seal the hole. Might also get bold and try to heat the lens and housing to try to separate the lens and seal the hole.
    Thanks it's upstanding peeps like you that make this site great.
    Tazz

Down Under
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    In my book FREE means "FREE + shipping". Pretty simple really. I'll go away now............

The Man
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    maybe. But not free+shipping+$7.86.

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HD DUDE
    In my book FREE means "FREE + shipping". Pretty simple really. I'll go away now............

NOPE Free is FREE...no strings attached....check the definition Mate...

SImply stated "Free and you pay the shipping" would be understandable....no mistaking that...

and definitely Free plus shipping plus 8bucks more is way far from free...sounds like RPMs Policy...

My Screename doesn't work
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bgstew6
    NOPE Free is FREE...no strings attached....check the definition Mate...

SImply stated "Free and you pay the shipping" would be understandable....no mistaking that...

and definitely Free plus shipping plus 8bucks more is way far from free...sounds like RPMs Policy...
    +1
    I will never buy from RPM

Down Under
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Maybe it's just me but I would never expect someone to give me something & then expect them to pay for the freight as well. Damn that would be stupid. On the contrary - I would want to give them a few bucks for the trouble over & above the freight. Hey - Maybe that’s just us dudes from down here.

In saying that the call to offer more than just shipping should have been Tazz's call. As for the supplier, well all that needed to be asked for was the shipping. No more & no less. As the receiver it is your call if you want to top it up a bit. That's how I will always see it.

Now anyone want a free drink on me. Just got come over to my joint to pick it up.

My Screename doesn't work
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HD DUDE
    Now anyone want a free drink on me. Just got come over to my joint to pick it up.
    Sure ill take one, but first where's my 'Free' plane ticket? lol
    But yeah... i would have felt ripped off if i payed $20 bucks for something i wouldnt want in the first place
    Thread should have been "Free Aftermarket Lightning Tail Lights + You pay the Shipping & Handling"
    Last edited by s|ck; 05-17-2006 at 12:46 AM.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ok....here we go...

Quote Originally Posted by shorty305sr
    Quote Originally Posted by 03SuperCrew
    Quote Originally Posted by shorty305sr
    UPS 1z054v8w0304917459
    What's the deal with these not being OEM tail?

RH
    is right there on the post...... it shows the pictures and it says on the second page that they are not OEM... i bought the truck with them on, the guy told me they were Lighting tailights, thats what i thought they were until one of the guys here pointed it out in the thread, i showed you the pictures and you said those were it......
    I had responded to you prior to the 'second' page ever existing. Unfortunatly I don't know the difference between the aftermarket and OEM tail lights...but that is my problem.

In your original post...i got lighitng tails in my garage i took em off my truck when i bought it, clearly misleading me into believing that these were original Lightning tail lights...wouldn't you agree?

RH

Guess we'll see where this goes huh?

RH

Black Max Coming Soon!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    [QUOTE=03SuperCrew]Ok....here we go...

In your original post...i got lighitng tails in my garage i took em off my truck when i bought it, clearly misleading me into believing that these were original Lightning tail lights...wouldn't you agree?

to me it seems that shorty misunderstood what they were aswell. i mean c'mon he just got the truck he said, and took them off, and to tell you the truth i would of thought they were real if i never had friends who owned L's or seen the story of all the l-tails from the factory getting stolen. I think this part was just a big misunderstanding and that it is nobodys fault. "let the **** settle where it falls, it will dry up and turn into something of good use"
    Last edited by cobra94; 05-17-2006 at 09:21 AM.

Girls dig a rough ride :)
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If I found the right tails, which Im very sure I did, they MSRP for about $250 a pair. So be happy that you actually DID get a good deal, turn around and sell them for however much you want and use THAT money to buy real lightning tails. (I've got some!!! lol) Shorty the other night was at Fuddrucker's and he clearly stated that he did not realize they were not OEM until told otherwise by someone else.

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    03SuperCrew
    I don't think Shorty knew that they weren't OEM tails. I feel like that would be a very common mistake for almost anyone unless you had been the one to purchase them.
    Like I said they still are a good deal but the way the deal proceeded for me was why I didn't wind up buying them for $20 and also since they were not OEM tails which was later found out I really didn't what them at that point.
    Tazz

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast