Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Soon to be for sale.... 2003 Stage III Eaton

Around When I Can...
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well... just gotta a call from Steigie where the S/C is getting the rotors stripped and a stage 4 port. The front bearings and front seals are "shot" in there words. So thats an extra 125. This S/C is a headache!

Name: Dave

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    $125 for bearings and seals? I just bought some brand new bearings and seals for $40 shipped. But yeah i would be pissed if i were you.

Around When I Can...
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well... i guess the extra part comes in with them doing it and not myself. But yea... i'm not to happy.
    Last edited by Fuzion; 10-24-2006 at 12:45 PM.

In GLOCK I trust
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzion
    All in the quest for speed
    You wil soon learn that the fastest speed you may ever experience is the speed of the $$ flying out of your wallet!!!!!!!!!!

And although I may not be too happy either, the bearings could have been "shot" by the person dissassembling the blower, and decided to call you to tell you that so as to cover their behinds. I have seen it happen first hand, so I KNOW it happens all of the time.
    Then again, used is used and you have to expect things to come up. It will be completed soon and on your rig, and you will move on to other problems and it will fade away in time my brotha. Keep your head up amigo.
    Scott
    Last edited by scotone; 10-24-2006 at 12:52 PM.

Just keepin updated!!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well... i guess the extra part comes in with them doing it and not myself. But yea... i'm not to happy.

So frustrating!

Around When I Can...
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I did speak with Bruce today. I took advice given from last time, and called him. Easy way to handle things.

Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I did speak with Bruce today. I took advice given from last time, and called him. Easy way to handle things.
    You are correct, we did speak today. Of course now I get on here and see your "frustration" online. When I was just a phone call away when you were posting this.

I'll call you tomorrow with this as well, but since you like to keep everything online I'll post it here as well.

I've spoken with my tuner and he assures me that the blower was fine when it was taken off the truck. The bearings and seals were fine when the blower was ported and installed on my truck. Again I was running this blower on my truck up to the very week the Whipple came in. My truck sat at my tuners shop for one day (maybe two) till the Eaton was taken off and the Whipple was installed. The Eaton was then placed in the same shipping box that Whipple sent my blower in and I picked it up a week later.

I then sold you the used blower and packaged the he// out of it to make sure it made to you in one piece.
    Now we've had our hiccups on this due the the rotors not being stripped (which I called you well before you sent me Pay Pal and before I shipped the blower to you) and the silencer holes not being filled. (for which I've since compensated you for).

I did have pictures of the blower up online here for everyone to look at and if I am not mistaking I took pictures of the underside with the rotors in the shot as well as every other angle I could thing of. Again, plus I CALLED YOU to let you know that the rotors were not stripped, remember you suggested that I credit you back some money at first then after talking more about the rotors being stripped you weren't that concerned with them being stripped.

The stripped rotors and filled holes were items I assumed were included in the Stage III from Steigie. I went off what I had read others had done and did not specify when I had mine done that I wanted those done. I can only guess that when my Eaton was done it was not included with that stage, not sure if it is now or not.

I'm sorry Marshall but you have had this used blower for months now and I just don't feel comfortable nor that I am obligated to stroking you a check for $125.00 or any amount for some repair parts that when the blower was on my truck were fine. I drive the truck daily to and from work and drive it as hard on the street as most everyone on here.
    The blower was F I N E!

Sorry.

Bruce

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Around When I Can...
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I posted this online to inform the others of the delay of getting it put on. No real frustration was established in my post. Just stated i was not happy. Not pissed, not raging mad... just not happy.

The rotors were worse than i expected, and i think everyone here can agree on the rotors after i took some pics of it. Yes i've it had for months.... just sitting in the box it came in, in the corner of my room. Mainly waiting for the *** Cog Setup. Otherwise it would of been on the weekend after i recieved it, without stripping the rotors and w/o finding the bearing and seals were "shot"

I called you as soon as i was able to leave my work. I was hoping to get a lunch break earlier... but i didnt, so i had to deal with the time i was allotted. You yourself mentioned money as a return.... i did not bluntly ask for any, but yes i do feel it was somewhat appreciated after you mentioned it.

So far... after the 600 i paid for it from you. Then 275+shipping to get it up to Stiegemeier, that 275 includes the 45 for stripping and the rest i guess is just disassemble and reassembly of the S/C. Yes... you did send me 42 dollars worth to assist with the stripping. Which is greatly appreciated. I had no clue the seals or bearings were bad.... heck, i honestly don't even know where they are. I've never seen the inside of a S/C. So technically it cost me $232 to get it fixed (using your $43) now to add on another $125. This $600 dollar S/C has turned into damn near a Grand headache.
    Last edited by Fuzion; 10-24-2006 at 11:19 PM.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Fuzz...you could have filled the silencer holes yourself like most everybody else does and stripped the rotors too for that matter for the $43 you got from Bruce initially on this deal. I don't see any reason for you to continually bash him over this deal. You decided to send it off to Steggy and have more work done. Why whine over it now. The only conclusion this thread has brought me to is never to sell you anything. Move on man.

Around When I Can...
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Not getting the holes filled... sent out to Steggy yes, paying for myself. Only problem now is them calling and informing me the seals and bearings were bad. I was advised from local L and HD owners to send it off due to the severity of the rotors and some dimples we noticed inside the rotor casing. No bashing involved... post here to inform, and i called Bruce on the deal. He spoke of a refund of money, i did not ask... mainly called to see if he knew anything about the messed up seals or bearings.

Bruce, never got your phone call.

I'm just glad i did not decide to resell it. Already had 2 local offers on it, i'd of felt bad.
    Last edited by Fuzion; 10-26-2006 at 03:42 PM.

Stock Block 11.424@119.87
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have one question what made you decide on going up to a stage 4 port there has been lots of talk about stage 4 over at NLOC and did not sound good and that blower went 12.79 at mir and that is with 1.79 60 and thats dam fast so we all know it worked very well. I have been chaising his truck all year even with my KB I only ran 12.966 on 1.86 60 with a stall I have never seen a ported blower including my own ported blower work as good as the one you bought from Bruce that blower was Magic hope everything works out for you

Around When I Can...
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Cuz it didn't cost any extra. I also read somewhere that the stage 4.009 was the "bad" port job but the new stage is 4.011

Don't know what they did different, but before i sent it off to get the rotors stripped and maintence done on it i asked how much to port it. They said nothing extra, so why not... since its already there.

Name: Dave

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    So they charged you $245 for "maintenance" $50 to strip the rotors, and then an extra $125 for bearings and seals? How much maintenance other than stripping rotors, bearings and seals can you do to a blower? The port wasnt bad before right, just the rotors, bearings and seals? Did you ask them what "maintenance" includes?

Around When I Can...
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I just got the blower back, it was sitting by the front door. Fixing to open it up and take a look.

Eaton Rebuilding Procedures

*The unit is fully disassembled and all parts checked for wear, the case is thoroughly inspected for rotor rub.
    *Front drive is completely disassembled. The shaft is checked for straightness, all bearings and seals are replaced.
    *Front drive coupler is inspected for wear- Replaced if necessary.
    *Front rotor drive plate bearings- Measured for wear (replace if necessary)
    *Rotors are then phased to corrected position and assembled.
    *Rotors are inspected for point wear and flaking, if your rotors are black they are Teflon coated, the wear on these are not accessible to flaking. If you have painted rotors that are gray and flaking we recommend stripping the rotors which eliminates any chance of further damage done from deteriorating finish.
    *The supercharger case is completely inspected for rotor rub. The rub is from contact of the rotor during rotation. This is always evident and more prominent if rotor speeds were increased from smaller pulleys. These areas are marked for added clearance and machined to eliminate all rubbing. In addition to obvious wear issues, contact of rotors on a case will cause heat build up.
    *Rear case bearings are inspected and greased, replaced if needed.
    *All parts are high pressured washed at temp of 190 degrees for 30 minutes to ensure all components are absolutely clean.
    *Reassembly then takes place ensuring all bearing press and tolerances are triple checked and torque set to factory specks.
    *Supercharger oil is added and all other lubricants are fully synthetic and Hi heat tolerant.
    *The outside of your supercharger case is inspected for paint imperfections and touched up if needed.
    *The by-pass valve is installed and calibrated for correct boost-charge and climb. If your valve is broken we can most often fix these at a small cost, replacements are available.
    *At time of rebuilding we can install a optional size pulley for increased boost we have many sizes available.
    *Porting your supercharger is an option that will increase the efficiency of your blower, adds boost in many cases, and Lowers inlet air temps also increases HP 25-50 depending on type and size of supercharger.
    Last edited by Fuzion; 10-26-2006 at 11:36 PM.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast