Thread: Drag times

Best trucks ever !
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thumbs up Drag times

Well, not sure if I am posting to the correct spot but just thought I would tell you about my day at Milan Dragway last week.

After driving an hour in Michigan and fighting all the freakin construction on I-94, we finally arrived and got situated. There were 5 of us from Windsor going for a free day sponsored by Eaton's Corporation. Run as many times as you want and free eats at the end of the day. It was a blast.

My best run was 13.77 with a 2.007 60ft finishing thru the traps at 100.21mph. Had a little wheel hop on the launch but not bad for street tires. All runs were very consistant so I only ran it 3 times down the track and watched the rest of the guys do their thing. "L" ran 13.34, Cobra (this thing was nuts) ran a very conservative mid 12's, SVT focus ran 15's, and Joel's new F150 SuperCrew 4X4 ran 16.5's

Basically my mods are simple bolt ons so this is likely typical times for this truck. I was happy with the results. I don't think the little SRT-4 in the other lane was too happy though. I'm sure my truck is at least 2000+ lbs heavier than that Neon is. He ran a 13.99 on a red light.

Well, blower port next, and Reichard Racing blower spacer are happening soon. This will add 40+rwhp and 20lb/ft trq at the rear wheels they tell me. We will see. If true I will be at 425rwhp and 500 lb/ft trq. Let's keep the fingers crossed.

Post your times if you have em.

PS> anybody know who makes a good panhard bar? Would like to stiffen the side to side motion in the rear end a bit more.

Cheers, to all.
    Last edited by Harley2003; 06-23-2006 at 11:54 PM.

My Screename doesn't work
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    sounds like you had lots of fun

"Shadow the Hedgehog"
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Great times...

And the panhard you can get here from our old friend,DblG,now suporting vendor moving his business Develop ****** Racing

click here for DMV Main Forum

click here for Panhard instruction sheet/pics
    Last edited by Hoffmann; 06-24-2006 at 01:04 AM.

El Presidente
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Sounds like a great day and some nice times.

Gone but never forgotten
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    nice time, what L is it, wondering if i know it? My buddies runs a 13.30. I havent run my procharger yet so i dont know what ill run, but im hoping to go to milan within the next few weeks.

Best trucks ever !
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Cool 2001/2 "L" that runs 13.35

Yes gents, much fun was had by many. Thanks for the kind words of encouragement and the info on the panhard bar Mr. Hoffmann. I will need to get on this ASAP. Do you think this would help some of the "dog tracking" that happens when you go over railroad tracks?

Chad, I think it is a 2001/2 L red one owned by a guy named Greg. He walks with a cane. Most likely got whiplash from the G's ..... or maybe his leg is damaged from mashing the throttle all the time. Just kidding. Can you get carple tunnel syndrome from mashing the gas pedal all the time.... I hope not or I'm gonna need some therapy soon!!

Have you got the #'s from your last dyno pull at WP Racing?

If the Procharger is about the same #'s as the Eaton's it should be very close to the times I got last week at Milan.

(382rwhp, 482lb/ft trq. = 13.77et / 2.007 60ft / 100.21mph)

Hope to meet with you soon, but I am flying out to FLA on the 3rd and would like to join you for a coffee (or beer)when I get back about the 16th. My youngest daughter is on a competition dance team and the finals are in Orlando. Hope they do well, since it's costing me a AX140 whipple charger to get there and back .... LOL

Cheers,
    Last edited by Harley2003; 06-25-2006 at 11:18 PM.

Gone but never forgotten
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    yeah im down for that. My first and last dyno was 300RWHP and 375RWTQ but that was stock procharger and minus a tuneand about another 1200 dollars in upgrades from madenterprise for the procharger. I am hoping for 375-380 RWHP and like 430-440 RWTQ. I am going to livernois motorsport in 2 weeks to get tuned and a room full of parts put on so i cant wait to find out where i am. Does the guy in the L livce in lasalle? My buddies L goes to livernois with me and should be running a 12.80 ish by the time its done
    Last edited by Maverik2000; 06-26-2006 at 09:55 PM.