Thread: Turtle Wax ICE

Always working
    Name: Big John

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Thanks, Ill find it!

Always working

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Ok, washed it yesterday afternoon, went out last night and it rained which is ok because we REALLY NEED RAIN! (*didnt rain a drop at my house ) washed it again this morning then used the Ice on it, the hood streaked really bad so I re-did it a few times and it turned out great.
    I was kinda hesitant when I saw it, clear and waterey plus they call it a Polish not a wax, traditionally polishes offer no protection from the elements, if they dont want to use "wax" they should call it a protectant or ?

It did work good, went on easy, removal wast bad, if it last Ill use it again.

Man this is expensive!!!
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    how's the shine compared to traditional stuff like Zaino and Adams?

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    To me the shine resembles the same that I get from using S100 Carnuba Wax..

Deep and wet looking.....compared to Zaino which has a more GLossy Look to it....

Durability/staying power....jury is out on that as I have been getting the little sprinkles that is enough to knock the dirt out of the air....and put it on the truck....gonna hit it again this week and and then see how she loooks for a longer period of time...

The one thing that I do like is that you can get it on any of the plastics and rubber on the outside of the truck and it leaves no residue..actually makes the rubber turn black...not as black as a silicone but gets rid of the powder gray look pretty well..

Always working

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Stew is right on the trim, I actually put in on my Blackwood window trim and rear window surround on purpose, they look better than new now.

Its been pretty all day but clouding up, 30% chance of rain and Im off to my 30 year high school reunion in an hour so Ill be useing it again tomorrow I guess.

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TX Harley Guy
    plus they call it a Polish not a wax, traditionally polishes offer no protection from the elements, if they dont want to use "wax" they should call it a protectant or ?

by definition a polish doesnt add protection, but a lot of comapnies now days have products out that do the same thing as wax, protect, but dont contain any wax, so cant really call it wax and use synthetics for better durability. zaino is called a polish as well since it contains no wax for better durability, but i guess it can technically be called a synthetic sealant. with how watery the Ice stuff is, definately no way its abrasive like a traditional polish to actually polish the paint lol, so definately should be under the category of a protectant/sealant type polish

Back From the Dark Side
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley#356
    by definition a polish doesnt add protection, but a lot of comapnies now days have products out that do the same thing as wax, protect, but dont contain any wax, so cant really call it wax and use synthetics for better durability. zaino is called a polish as well since it contains no wax for better durability, but i guess it can technically be called a synthetic sealant. with how watery the Ice stuff is, definately no way its abrasive like a traditional polish to actually polish the paint lol, so definately should be under the category of a protectant/sealant type polish
    man do you like to hear yourself talk...

anyway, I put it on and didnt wait the 15 minute, took it off in like 5, still slightly wet, and there wre no streaks at all. then I ran over it with the ice detailer and it looked great. I've washed it 2 times and it rained on it for a week and it still looks pretty good. It takes very little effort to put a coat on so I give it

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i picked up a bottle of ice detailer spray last night. I waxed the truck the other day and i'm going to spray the new bugs off the front and give the detailer spray a whirl. =)

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The detailer is water based. Thus, if you wash the vehicle, feel free to spray the detailer on the micro-fiber or whatever you use to dry the vehicle. It works awesome. Especially while drying the vehicle in the sune. Kills 2-birds with 1-stone.
    2006 Harley Davidson Ford F150 - SOLD
    McGaughy's 2/5 Lowering Kit, Air Lift Slam Air Assist (Rear), Roll Pan, 4.10:1 Gears, Truxedo LoPro Tonneau Cover, Carbon Window Tint, Roll Pan w/Hitch
    STS Remote Turbo System, Dirty Dog 11" Converter, FTVB Calibration Kit, Deep Aluminum Pan, Auto Meter Gauges, SCT XCAL2 Custom Tune, 434HP 511TQ

2007 FXSTB Night Train
    Denim Blue, PCB Black Inverted Front End, V&H Big Radius, SERT, SE Air Cleaner Kit, HTCC 10.5:1s, HTCC CNC Ported Heads, 103" Cylinders, 251 Cams, 97HP 104TQ

2008 Cargo South 7x16 V-Nose Enclosed Trailer
    Black w/Diamond Plate Stone Guards, Aluminum Mag Wheels, White Interior Walls, Black & White Vinyl Floor (In Process), E-Track in Floor (In Process)

2007 Shelby Mustang GT #4453
    No Modifications - Yet!!!

2007 VW GTI 2.0FSI (Wifey's Toy)
    Revo Stage I, Progressive Tint, Forge Motorsports Billet Diverter Valve

Ford Taurus (Winter Driver)

Always working

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    The detailer is a great product too.
    Since we are in a pretty bad drought Id rather use my water on the lawn than the truck so instead of hand washing at the crib Ive been going to a car wash, since its always hot and dry I always get a small amount of spotting, the detailer gets rid of it in no time.
    Can you use this with claybar?
    Im considering throwing all my other wax products away.

Man this is expensive!!!
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Apparently some of you hardcore detailers are pretty happy with the results.

Stew any long term comments yet?

FEATURED
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Tried it out today... love the results... looks good, even on White...

My Screename doesn't work
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    lol hmmmmm........

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2manytrucks
    Apparently some of you hardcore detailers are pretty happy with the results.

Stew any long term comments yet?
    SO far so good....

Seems to hold up almost as well as the S100 I usually use....so far....

hit it about every other day with quick detailer after a quick rinse....

See what she looks like after a month...

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Clay bar...Hmmmm

I have been using the Ice Polish & Detailer for probably close to 2-3 months now. I havent thought about using it with my clay bars until now.

My 1st thought, off the cuff is NO! The synthetic lubricant in the Ice Detailer feels different than that of the wax based detailers. It isnt as slippery. The opposite of what we have been acustomed too when comparing natural lubricants to synthetics.

Get a microfiber wet with the detailer and rub the cloth between your fingers. Youll get what I'm trying to explain.

Besides, the cheaper greasy type of detailers are less expensive. And after claying, we are rewashing with dawn to get everything off anyway. So no disimilar chemical conditions will arise.

I need to think about this more and maybe experiment....maybe. BUt for now...NO!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast