Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Turtle Wax ICE

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Am I understanding you guys right, ------------- you apply ICE to the entire truck in one shot and let it sit for fifteen minutes.
    The entire truck, -- right?

Always working
    Name: Big John

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I did mine in halfs Joe, the front half then the back but I dont think it matters, the stuff takes a while to dry and its easy to get off when it does.

Ive heard of people useing water with clay before but not me, Ill stick to Mothers Showtime .... but no Dawn for me, i love my paint too much to do that to it.

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    soap & water is the best lubricant for claying. quick detailers arent as slippry to provide as much lubrication of the paint. it wont leave it nice and streak free and purdy looking like if you clay using a QD, but its safer b/c it lubes the paint up better to prevent scratching at all, and doesnt evaporate as quickly as QD so you've got a little more work time too.

what i typically do is after doing a dawn wash, is hose down a panel, then spray it with soap/water mix, clay, then spray it off again to prevent any soap from drying on there, then when i'm done rewash the truck again.

long story short and back on topic, no i wouldnt use the ice stuff with claying

Yeah, it's fast...
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    this stuff works great! I followed Veronese1's instructions from the first page (post #4) and worked like a charm.

spent the better part of the day cleaning the truck: washed, then claybarred, washed again, then this ICE stuff (polisher and detailer) and my truck has never looked this good!!!!

nice deep glossy look and the ICE detailer is great for removing water spots if you have hard water where you live.

I haven't tried Zaino's product yet so I can't compare, but compared to the other products I've used (Zymol, Mothers, Meguires) this stuff IMO provides just as good if not better shine with less work.

If you ahvent tried it and haven't found a process that you are completely happy with, try this and you wont be disappointed

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    After I wash now, I dry it using microfibers & detailer. I spray the wet microfiber with the detailer each wipe after ringing out.

Works awesome and helps retain the finish.
    2006 Harley Davidson Ford F150 - SOLD
    McGaughy's 2/5 Lowering Kit, Air Lift Slam Air Assist (Rear), Roll Pan, 4.10:1 Gears, Truxedo LoPro Tonneau Cover, Carbon Window Tint, Roll Pan w/Hitch
    STS Remote Turbo System, Dirty Dog 11" Converter, FTVB Calibration Kit, Deep Aluminum Pan, Auto Meter Gauges, SCT XCAL2 Custom Tune, 434HP 511TQ

2007 FXSTB Night Train
    Denim Blue, PCB Black Inverted Front End, V&H Big Radius, SERT, SE Air Cleaner Kit, HTCC 10.5:1s, HTCC CNC Ported Heads, 103" Cylinders, 251 Cams, 97HP 104TQ

2008 Cargo South 7x16 V-Nose Enclosed Trailer
    Black w/Diamond Plate Stone Guards, Aluminum Mag Wheels, White Interior Walls, Black & White Vinyl Floor (In Process), E-Track in Floor (In Process)

2007 Shelby Mustang GT #4453
    No Modifications - Yet!!!

2007 VW GTI 2.0FSI (Wifey's Toy)
    Revo Stage I, Progressive Tint, Forge Motorsports Billet Diverter Valve

Ford Taurus (Winter Driver)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3