Thread: Sierra Vista, Arizona

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sierra Vista, Arizona

Any members in the SV/Fort Huachuca Area? Just got here today and saw an '03 Two Tone and a '02 Black. Just checked into a hotel until I can find a place to live. I am a little lost, just trying to find somebody to point me in the right direction. I still have a about 10 days before I report.

Any recommended tuners in the Area or maybe as far as Tucson? Only getting 91 kinda sucks. Even worse was the 90 that was the best available in New Mexico.

Thanks,
    Steve

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    been there a couple times....out to EPG....JITC

Cant say that it is fun....will holler at ya when I head that way again....dont forget to hang out at the Dirty Gulch Saloon....LOL

Man this is expensive!!!
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    How can you get lost in Sierra Vista....LOL...there is Frye Dr. and that is about it......LOL.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Lost as in finding a place to live.........

Yeah I went driving a little while ago, and I think I hit all the major roads and went on post and was back in less than an hour.

Not liking this 91 octane thing. The ol' girl hasn't had anything but 93 her whole life. And on this trip has had a tank of 90 and 2 tanks of 91 so far, and that is the best she is going to get out here. Afraid to get on her too hard. Not many chances, I think there is a cop for every 4 people on this city. Running radar every 1/2 mile around here. I must say she got good milage non the less. With about 850 pounds of cargo, I still got around 16.5 MPG on the highway, averaging 80 most of the way, until I got to NM and AZ, then the average went up a little ;)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    if you are modded...might want to look getting a tune for 91 octane....

if you are not modded then you should be fine as that is the best we have out here in cali. When I was stock i pounded the snot out of her with 91 in the tank and never a hint of detonation...

If you like a good steak make a road trip out to Nogales....IIRC it is called the Steak Out or something like that MMMMMMMMMMM 32oz Steak and it is outstanding...

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You would be the second person that has told me about that steak house. Gotta try it. Not sure about the two pounder though. Maybe something around half the size.

What is it out here with huge steaks, I kept seeing signs for the Free 72oz steak if you can eat in one hour. One of my cousins was out this way and tried it, unsucessfully.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    not sure but that is one big bastard.....

Dont forget to head over and check out Tombstone.....

Man this is expensive!!!
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    You are living in beef country believe it or not. You have several great steak places near you now. Don't be afaid to cheak out the hole in the wall steak places on the way to Tombstone. They make some of the best steaks around, real cheap to. Find the Ford and Dodge dealers, there is a resturant on that road (in the same area) that makes an awesome mesquite steak.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hello,

I'm due to arrive in Siera Vista myself in late October I've seen the same two harleys running around when I visted in June so that's a total of four including mine we may need to put together our own club in Sierra Vista. Let me know if you find out any connections in Phoenix.

Later