Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: July 2006 Truck Of The Month - Congrats Bruce "MRBLUEOVAL" Budney! (NHTOC #154)

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts

Smile July 2006 Truck Of The Month - Congrats Bruce "MRBLUEOVAL" Budney! (NHTOC #154)

Congrats to MRBLUEOVAL and his incredible 03 two-tone on July, 2006 TOTM!

Question # 1: What sparked your interests in the Harley trucks?
    Specifically your Two-tone 2003?

I am a huge Oakland Raiders fan and diehard car enthusiast that always had plans on getting myself a supercharged Ford. I was always thinking about a Cobra but once I saw the two-tone and the fact it was in the Raiders colors and SC’d it was the easiest decision I ever made

Question # 2: Any interesting stories behind the history of vehicles
    you've owned leading up to the HD truck or how you got it?

I was trading in my S-10 pickup and my wife said to go ahead and get yourself something comparable and to not get crazy spending on something nice. She should have known better. I’ve been a car nut my entire life and sending me on my own was a big mistake. I’ve had a number of high performance vehicles over the years like Camaro’s,Vette’s,Typhoon and an 88 GT Convertible which I have had since it was new. I still have it and it’s a solid 400+RWHP with the NOS spraying. This should have tipped off my wife but I guess she knew what to expect and she just was not going to watch it happen.

Question # 3: Give me a rough list of the mods that have been done to your truck. I know you've got a lot done, so you can just list for favorites if you'd like!
    Well, There have been a number of stages that have led me up to my current mods. I was running a ported and polished stage II Stegeimeier port on the blower and plenum, (which I took some 400-500 hours polishing with), phenollic spacer, SBTB, 8lb lower and JLP Ram air intake to name a few things. I then vented the block about 3 months ago and decided it would not happen again. I called JLP and told them to get ready to receive my 03 for the extreme make over. I went with the full LB with stage II ported heads, cams and all the goodies that go with a top notch set of 5.4 heads. I then put on the LT’s, hi-flo cats to go with my Bassani catback. I then figured why not swap out for a Kenne Belle Blower &JLP plenum while I was at it. Knowing full well the MAF and fuel system would not be up to the task I went with a Diablo Mafia and twin Walbro 255’s with a set of 60lb injectors along with a new upgraded set of fuel rails. The Florida heat persuaded me to add an Afco heat exchanger for good measure as well a 2400 PI converter to keep the 550RWHP animal in its power band more consistently. I already had the 58” LFP T-Bars and Hotchkis TVS to help me plant the power and the list of mods do not stop there. I have turned owning this truck into a full time obsession. Thanks to the NHTOC you guys are always making me look for more regardless of what I’ve done. I love….Hate you all for that!

Question # 4: Tell us a little about yourself. Your other hobbies, your job, your favorite past time, whatever!

I’m a sports and automobile junkie. I spend my free time involved with my vehicles and keeping up on the NFL and most of the major sports. I also have two beautiful little girls Amanda 4 and Alexis 2. They have taken away a portion of the free time I once had. I enjoy spending a lot of time with the girls and my wife of 20 years Maritza. I am employed by a company named GBS. I am the Director of Mfg for our two plants (Fla and Ohio). I travel a lot in my job so when I get off the road I really spend most all of my time with the family, NHTOC (my truck) and catching up on the happenings in the sports world.

Question # 5: You've been a member on the site for quite a while now, what is one of the best things you like about the site that keeps you around?
    I enjoyed the camaraderie of the people here and the willingness to help others. This is a big family and the people here share the knowledge and really make you feel welcome. I do not frequent other boards because there are trolls and too much flaming going on. This group is mature and rarely, if ever, do things get out of control. I’ve been fortunate enough to meet a lot of great people on here and develop some great friendships along the way.

Question # 6: What is one suggestion to help make the site a better place?
    We could be a little more patient with newbies and be more strict when we get members that try to take advantage of others. We are a close knit group and letting riff raff in is not an option. I do not like dishonest people and ones who try to take advantage of the trust this site has for its members.

Question # 7:
    This is where I normally ask about where you decided on your screen name at, and although MRBLUEOVAL is pretty self explanatory, any specific reason for choosing it, or any other hidden meanings behind it?

I am a tried and true Blue Oval man. I own an 88 GT, a 97 Expy and my 03 HD. I’ve been working on Fords my entire life so I think the name made sense.

Question # 8: Almost at the end, what is in the future for your truck? It’s going to be tough to top the last round of mods done up at JLP’s shop with the built motor and KB, but I’m sure you’ve got something in mind that you’d still like to mod!
    There are several mods still to be done! I am looking at upgrading the transmission along with a one piece drive shaft. I would also like to upgrade my brakes. I know tires are coming up soon as well so I have to start thinking about that as well. I know once these are all don and installation is complete I will start on other projects. I know how I am and I just cannot leave things alone. I’m addicted to my rides and making them perfect. The problem is there is no such thing!

And with that, I would like to say on behalf of the entire community at NHTOC, thanks for being a supporting member for all these years, and for always being there to help everybody out!! Congrats on TOTM July, 2006!

Man this is expensive!!!
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Congrats MBO!!!!!! Well deserved!!!!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Nice!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Look'in Good....

Hi Ho Silver
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats!!

needs more cowbell!
    Name: Sheridan

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Way to go!
    Yes officer... I am aware of how fast I was going!

Name: Rich

Liked 47 Times in 34 Posts
    congrats!!! not too mention a great person to deal with buying from!!!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats bud very nice looking truck.

Superbeast
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats on the recognition Bruce!
    hope the wing heals quick!

shenanigans
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    congrats man, nice truck, well derserved. post a pic of the built up engine
    2001 Harley Davidson F150 SuperCrew w/ many mods SOLD

Name: Sean

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congratulations Bruce!!!
    Sean E.
    '02 DSG HD ( Gone but will always have a special place in my heart...)

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats! Great looking ride with all the "want to have Mods"!!

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts

Thumbs up

Hey Brucie....way to go buddy!

Way to represent for the two-tones....what a gorgeous beast!

My Screename doesn't work
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats

5150 4 Life
    Name: Keith

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats MBO!!!!! Well Deserved!!!!

Last edited by Towcrazy; 07-03-2006 at 01:27 AM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast