Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2inch drop shackle with shim vibration

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

2inch drop shackle with shim vibration

got a 06 2wd put 2in ground force drop shackle and put the shim kit in truck still has vibration at 20mpg tried everything took out block in rear shim carrier down with washers still there got pissed took it all put back to stock rides fine anyone got a fix for this called ground force there clueless any help would be great

"Shadow the Hedgehog"
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Very nice to have you here too...welcome aboard...

"Shadow the Hedgehog"
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    you put the shims in the right direction?

did ya try it without shims?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    thanks yea i put the thick part towards the front i just did the shims had it without first made no change with them in i had a 2000 slamed never any shims or problems

Yeah, it's fast...
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    welcome!

so you have vibration with no shims and you also have vibration with the shims...maybe it needs a larger degree shim?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    yea could be but i dont know if i can get a larger one in there the pins are to short it wont seat with anything bigger the shim i used was a 2.5

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I put the Fround Force shackles in the wife's rig. No vibration with shims. I never tried it without. Which hole are you using on the shackle? The 2" drop hole or the 3"? If I recall the shims are for 3" only. If you are using the 2" hole and it vibrates with or without them, you might be right in between the proper degree of angle. Drop it to the 3" hole. If thats where you already are...then I have no idea.
    2006 Harley Davidson Ford F150 - SOLD
    McGaughy's 2/5 Lowering Kit, Air Lift Slam Air Assist (Rear), Roll Pan, 4.10:1 Gears, Truxedo LoPro Tonneau Cover, Carbon Window Tint, Roll Pan w/Hitch
    STS Remote Turbo System, Dirty Dog 11" Converter, FTVB Calibration Kit, Deep Aluminum Pan, Auto Meter Gauges, SCT XCAL2 Custom Tune, 434HP 511TQ

2007 FXSTB Night Train
    Denim Blue, PCB Black Inverted Front End, V&H Big Radius, SERT, SE Air Cleaner Kit, HTCC 10.5:1s, HTCC CNC Ported Heads, 103" Cylinders, 251 Cams, 97HP 104TQ

2008 Cargo South 7x16 V-Nose Enclosed Trailer
    Black w/Diamond Plate Stone Guards, Aluminum Mag Wheels, White Interior Walls, Black & White Vinyl Floor (In Process), E-Track in Floor (In Process)

2007 Shelby Mustang GT #4453
    No Modifications - Yet!!!

2007 VW GTI 2.0FSI (Wifey's Toy)
    Revo Stage I, Progressive Tint, Forge Motorsports Billet Diverter Valve

Ford Taurus (Winter Driver)

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    using the 2in hole did you take the block out or leave it in i took it out

Yeah, it's fast...
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i'm a little confused on the facts (and not to familiar with the 06s) so please bear with me...

Does your 06 have a rear block on top of the axle?

Is this the block you removed?

If so, you also put in 2inch drop shackles?

If this is the case the vibration may be because you have too much of a drop for the shim to accommodate for. I think you may be at 4" if the 06s have a block, it was removed, and 2" shackles were installed.

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    removing a block will not effect the pinion angle as long as the block is flat on the top and bottom which I am pretty sure those are.......

the addition of a drop shackle will....and depending on the amount of drop will dictate what degree shims are needed to get the pinion angle back in the sweet zone....

best thing to do and maybe easiest would be to put the kit on with the provided shims...make sure you truly put them on the right way...head over to a drive train shop and have them check your pinion angle..if it is off then they should have the shims (for Purchase) to get it right...then you could install them yourself....

Just my .02

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    yea i dont know why they put a block on the harley trucks my dads 06 does not have 1 its the same truck just not a harley i took the block out just shimed the carrier down helped alot almost gone the truck seem to have a little something stock i think its the wheels im gonna run it buy the driveshaft place have them look at it gotta love ford it they cant get it right guess i will sell it and go back to a lifted diesel thanks for the input everyone and maybe this will help someone else
    Last edited by SICK06; 07-12-2006 at 06:22 PM.

My Screename doesn't work
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    hey...nice screen name

Yeah, it's fast...
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    not trying to stir the pot and my experience was with an 03 4x4, but when I removed the rear block alone = no vibration...when I had 2" drop shackles alone = no vibration...but when I had the combo of the two = vibration

it was corrected by using a shim kit, but I don't recal the degree; although I do know that it was one that was used with belltechs 3-4 4x4 drop kit so I'm assuming it was for a 4" drop

Yeah, it's fast...
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    just re-read the thread and let me tell ya, I'm having issues with reading today

Stew's idea is the best rather than guessing what may be the issue

Another big thumbs up to Stew

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast