Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Stock 02 Harley needs modifications :-)

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Stock 02 Harley needs modifications :-)

Morning Gents,

I just bought a completely stock 02 and am looking for guideance on modifications.

I have read all throught the NHTOC post, but figured I would ask my local crowd.

I am in Leesburg, and dealt with Jon Dega (SpringField Motorsport) and Chris (Excessive) years ago when I had a 90 Mustang with a Vortec running 11.7's in the quarter.

So, what tunner do each prefer? What pulley combination do you recommend?

I have looked at the package from C&L performance, and items from Johnny Lightning and Razors Edge Motorsports.

Has anyone used the C&L power packages?

My buddy has a stock 04 Lightning, love to be able to keep up or be a length or two in front...but have a semi-limited budget.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Welcome. Most will suggest starting with a 6# lower with a custom dyno tune. You really cannot take the risk of a canned (mail order) tune with these trucks as each will be a little different. Use whatever programmer your tuner will use as that will allow easier adjustments down the road if necessary. Predator or SCT are the 2 you hear about here, and both are good. I know I'm not local to you, so those who are will know what is used in your area. The components of the C&L package are a decent upgrade, but the TB won't give much more performance until you reach the higher HP (around 400-450). Any of the Supporting Vendors here are good to use to buy most if not all of your performance parts. Good luck, and have fun with it. Oh yeah, cut up your Credit Cards!!!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Welcome to VHT,

I am Tricia and my husband Al are the moderators on here and we are the ones that got VHT starter as well as the help of the other VHT members. We are going to be scheduling a Virginia meet soon. Al is N2Boost on here. We haven't had internet at the house for about a month now so he hasn't been on lately. As far as your 02 he can help you as well as the rest of us on this site. N2Boost is a mechanic as well. He has worked on Sport90's and ilaybrk's truck so far. They have several things done to there I can't list them all. If you would like you can give Al a call at home. I will PM you the # He can help you if you like. He had a mustang as well and has used Chris. I work in Herndon so I am close to you. We live in Midland near Quantico. Enjoy the site and if you have any questions about the local chapter please feel free to give us a call anytime.

Tricia

Stock Block 11.424@119.87
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I use chris at Excessive for tune and AL N2boost he is great and prices are more than reasonable
    Last edited by ilaybrk; 07-12-2006 at 07:07 PM.

My Screename doesn't work
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Lowering

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    what

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    truck

shenanigans
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    is
    2001 Harley Davidson F150 SuperCrew w/ many mods SOLD

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    over my head

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    must type out this post too annoying,

Finally goy internet back yahooooooo by the way hughesnet sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For a tuner all the local tuners prefer sct I have diablo and none of them will touch it, but to each there own.

I have a k&n drop in and factory tech valve body with a 6lb lower and offset idlers and I am pleased so far.

The hotchkis tvs is a must if you like going around corners with bilstien shocks, I can take you for a ride to feel the difference if you like.

AL

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Appreciate the seriousness N2Boost, thanks for guideance. As far as programable tune and tuners, does it really matter if they will touch them or not? Can't you setup your own tune with the programable tuners? Is the advantage of setting up the tune while making dyno runs the big advantage? Don't the SCT or Diablo give feedback reading? as far as timing and air/fuel ratio's? Years ago, I raced a 86 Grand National, and ran a laptop with a tuner program on it. I was able to do a playback and adjust boost/timing and so forth. Thanks in advance for the feedback

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    VaHarley, If self tuning is the path you prefer I would suggest you go with the SCT Pro tuner package.
    Your best bet is to research out the gains you will get from different mods, gather these parts, get a Dyno tune and then teach yourself the software.
    Search and ask and in a short time you will be very knowledgable on these 5.4's.....

http://www.runninwiththedevil.com/
    James is a great source for SCT products and tuning
    Last edited by Dbl G; 07-13-2006 at 06:57 AM.
    IN MEMORY OF
    Blake (Fuzion) Finnel 12-3-1986 - 08-11-2007
    NHTOC #120

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    You can do your own street tuning but you realy need to run a wideband with a datalogging system, which is what I am going to do when I get time. I havr no input on the above system I have never seen or used it.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    AL,
    is absolutely correct in saying you too want invest in a good wide band ...Fade 2 Black is becoming real good at the SCT Pro Tuner + he is very helpful,,,So,,,,

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast