Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: *newbie*...*registered User*...*paid Member*

"Shadow the Hedgehog"
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

*newbie*...*registered User*...*paid Member*

Dear Brothers:

I need to vent,something is kind of bothering me a little about the Newbies around here,and I would like your input if I am being to sensitive or if you guys agree with me...

Ok,here is the thing:
    1-Before...any new member that was starting with us would introduce themselves,say how much they liked this site,receive a warm welcome and automatically become part of the Family...
    ...now,the first thing I see is Questions

2-Before...same as before # 1 above...
    ...now,they post here only to take advantage of the HT for sale trucks only/HT parts

3-I am a paid member since day one I was checking this site,even though I started posting a few months later,(computer issues).

I believe we should have privileges when it comes to SV's,I know they want to increase their sales,but I am not "Santa Claus" and don't feel like become one,I know some "REGISTERED USERS" call SV's and say that they "ARE" MEMBERS of NHTOC,of course,to get the discounts,but IMO,"REGISTERED USER" is not a "MEMBER",I really don't mind helping a friend here,at all,if any of my friends here need help,and it is on my reach...some of you already know...I'll be there!
    I just wanted to vent,and also "IF POSSIBLE" have some support so we "PAID MEMBERS" can feel that our almost insignificant U$35.00 per year means something,and also to "NEWBIES" to read it and try to put themselves in my/our skin and analyse that they can have almost anything from NHTOC,...starting with a warm welcoming,going to the whole process of search and answers for almost all questions about our trucks,selling and buying stuff,laughing of jokes,great friendship...to support when needed in any circumstances ( like this "vent thread" ) you just read.

Any input will be appreciated.

Sincerely

H.H.Hoffmann

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Who pi$$ed in your wheeties???

I agree 100% tho.

BLACK '03 #3104
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I too agree, even though I haven't been around that long. I did most of my searching before I joined....every night 3-4 hours after Bruce "Black 2003" turned me on to the site.The problem I didn't like to much was when I ordered some ( alot ) of parts from one of the SV's, I didn't really get that much of a break.....I added up the total...$2584 and some change, and the bill was $2508. and some change. Then the third purchase was supposed to be from Rob, which no one can get a hold of now. I've had great luck with the things I've bought from other members , be it used or new. getting back to it...dazed off for a second, I guess everyone is different and some people don't know where the search button is.....OK I'm done now, fingers are tired, need to take a break......
    WHINE,WHAT WHINE?

Name: Dave

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    I agree Hoffie. I was pretty passive when this subject was brought up before and wanted to give the newb's a chance because i was lost when i first got here as well. I have noticed it a lot more recently with a lot of posts from newb's that are here because they WANT something... not because they want to be a part of something. To be honest i almost didnt renew because of the fact that the SV's dont really check who's a member or not as long as you mention the NHTOC. The reason i renewed was not for the discounts but for the fact that i have taken so much info and received so much help from this site and want to give whatever i can back. Hopefully things will change a little bit around here for the better.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I cant stand the guys who post up with a problem, get 15 great replies and then dissapear.

4Sale in the classifieds
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well then I guess I should post that I DID make it to Jersey last night with the trailer and all engine parts!!

I do apreciate EVERYONE on this site (Thanks to britincali!)... I have asked some questions and also posted help for something I DID know, But alot of that Hoff huff, sounding like mom & dad, discourages alot a new people, So wheel back around to the newbie side of things and give us a chance?...

By the way, my pay pal just won't go through the website to get membered.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thumbs up

I also agree and as of today all PAID NHTOC members will receive 10 percent off all products, wither they are on sale or not.
    IN MEMORY OF
    Blake (Fuzion) Finnel 12-3-1986 - 08-11-2007
    NHTOC #120

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dbl G
    I also agree and as of today all PAID NHTOC members will receive 10 percent off all products, wither they are on sale or not.

Name: Dave

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dbl G

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I could care less about how peeps come and go...

Come and gain some knowledge and leave OK
    COme and gain some knowledge and stay Even Better
    COme and gain/share knowledge and become Paid Member Outstanding
    COme and buy any parts that I have for sale.....that members dont want...Sweet
    Come and buy some parts from SVs at member discount when youre not a paid member...NOT KEWL...but the ONUS is on the SV to enure that the person is a Member to get Member discount..
    Last edited by bgstew6; 07-14-2006 at 09:44 PM.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    This is not a attempt to become popular or seem like the Leader/hero here.
    The day of the Group buy has been over for some time now and we are a self governing community,
    So it is time that myself and hopefully the other Vendors will join in on this and enforce the Club principle the Charter Members started for us to follow...

I came on to this board as a newbie to the 5.4 engines and these trucks. God knows I have taken away more than I could possibly ever return to our community, however I do remember the first day I put in my Signature Share The Knowledge and someone (I remember who) made fun of it.

But I;ll be dammed if it isn't true here, that is why we are all here and that is why we are sought out.

Because of collective knowledge and willingness to help.
    Last edited by Dbl G; 07-14-2006 at 09:37 PM.

Name: Rich

Liked 47 Times in 34 Posts
    i came to this site acouple of months after i bought my truck. i was at raceway park during there spring swap meet. i had a vendors spot selling some things when a guy came up and told me about this site! that night i searched! it was acouple of months later that i figured out in order to post you had to pay! which i did promtly! the knowledge that i have learned here is unmatched anyplace else! eventhough most of you are only a avatar to me i feel like i've known you all so long! i keep telling people about this site and how its like no other! i agree with hoff on this! i think in order to be a member we should pay to post! i am also a member over on nloc but i just look at the classifieds. im not a paid member over there. i think since im a paid member here i should be allowed to post there, and vice-versa. as far as newbs go we have all been there. and no matter what you know there is somebody who always knows something else! i look at newbs as the next generation. some of us stay, and some of us move on with our lives. thats just how it goes. i have a suggestion maybe we can have a post of owners and their trucks! that way we can put names to some of our faces! just my $.02. keep up the great work guys and keep the trucks modded and shinny!!!!

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Crapper already have that in our club section...

You can also upload a pic to your profile....I did....

and since I have been here you have never had to pay to post...only register and you can post....

Name: Rich

Liked 47 Times in 34 Posts
    hhmm thats strange. for some reason i couldn't post! oh well thats not the point

jpanchalk
    Name:

Hoff, I've been complaining about that offline for two years now.

I propose that Big D change his SV contracts to state that only paid members can benefit from SV monthly specials, group buys, and even day-to-day purchases.

I've had "members" with two posts post up saying they want one of my parts for sale, then get upset when I put them AFTER the paid members. I told one straight out that he came off like a troll just looking for parts, then ignored him after that.

We beseech you, Big D - make being a paid member really pay off. WE ALL WIN!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast