4 14.81%
  • Other options not listed above

2 7.41%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Paid Members Discount Poll

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Lightbulb Paid Members Discount Poll

Hey guy's I am taking it upon myself to some degree (as usual, The Instigator as some know me) here to get this ball rolling. I hope to remain as neutral as possible and my intensions are in the best interest of these sites and our support of them.

You get to vote once, however it is a multiple choice poll,
    I think it would be best if all stayed ammoniums, however. Your voice is to be heard and if you choose to voice a opinion by all means we are a collective family here so to speak.

If you are interested in your, our, NHTOC's and NLOC's collective interests as paid members and still being the strongest and most helpful/knowledgable sites out there.

Vote

Of course this is my way of getting the Pot simmering, please make a sugestion on how we can help The D and Nan and ourself's be stronger as The Best F-150 based clubs in the world!........
    Garrett
    Last edited by Dbl G; 07-19-2006 at 05:42 PM.
    IN MEMORY OF
    Blake (Fuzion) Finnel 12-3-1986 - 08-11-2007
    NHTOC #120

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I would like to add, despite the out come if any,,I will keep my discount to the clubs members that at bare minimum have a club number.
    Which at least tells me You paid at least once, which means allot to me.
    Thank you to all my friends here and at NLOC for putting up with me... and helping Me.

Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I agree with you. Gotta say this I contributed to this club before I was a paid member and will do say as a paid member. I would hope as a business man you would not limit your self and your product to only customer's that are paid up on a web based forum.

That said I would like to see more support from our vendors on here!
    I started that thread in the monthly specials section and only one other person voiced their feelings about the lack of vendors offering specials for the club.

I do like the idea of the GP specials since that would be probally one of the better ways for stepper discounts for members to buy into. Then again we all know what a head ache and dis organized those can be at times.

Just my .02

Later...
    Bruce

“You can try to please all of the people some of the time and some off the people all the time

but you can’t please all the people all the time.

But at least you can try.”

FEATURED
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I wont be renewing.

jpanchalk
    Name:

I voted across the board, but I think the vendors would still need a reference list.

I haven't used every vendor, so I don't know what the policies or practices are, but I do know that not all SVs give discounts. Hell, look at how many even post monthly specials. LFP is really the only one (even though they're not your favorite, Dbl G). I only call orders in - never order from our SVs online, because none of them have provisions for NHTOC-style online "coupons" or discount codes. Those vendors who know me by name almost always cut 10% (or more) off. If not, I remind them I'm a paid NHTOC member and it's done.

But they always just say "okay", and never really check to see if I'm paid. So now all the trolls are just going to say they're members and get discounts. I don't know what The D has for an SV contract, but I think there should be a mandatory (MINIMUM) discount for all verified paid members. Since just having a member number can be deceptive, I would like to see a sticky that SVs can reference in the SV section. Not on the list? No discount for you. Don't like it? Tough chit - pay your dues.

I know first hand that some of the higher-profile vendors get so wrapped up with actually racing across the country (JLP, for one) and working on customers' trucks in their free time, that posting monthly specials is not possible. But these same guys have people by the phone (busy as it may be) to take orders and gladly give discounts.

I don't care about the GB aspect so much, because any one I've participated in was the same as a member discount. LFP's GB prices are the same as if you call and let him know you're a paid member (others too, but I have first hand experience from him with the TVS). And I've LOST money on the Gaylord's GB atrocity by having to pay to ship TWO lids back before I got a refund from my CC company.

While I'm on my rant, a word on parts I sell in the For Sale section. Expect to see two prices - one for members, and one for non-members, which will generally be by minimum starting price on eBay if it gets there. Also, if at the end of the day I see that 5 people want it, and only one is a paid member, HE or SHE GETS IT.

Dear Trolls and Freeloaders: With the discounts available, membership pays for itself. Hopefully even more-so in the near future.

Don't give up yet, Chris!

JP

The Traveler
    NHTOC owner
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    There is a members list on this forum...it is called "Members List" and it is on the top bar. Anyone that has an NHTOC membership number is or was a paid member. We do not give out membership lists to anyone. If a vendor want to knows if someone is a member, look up their board name in the members list.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigD
    There is a members list on this forum...it is called "Members List" .

jpanchalk
    Name:

True, I see it all the time but it never registered in my brain.

Anyway, I think the point is more about SVs USING that list for discounts, rather than just giving them out to everyone. As it is right now, a paid membership get us a gallery for pics. Am I wrong? I'm just trying to get it to man more so we get mor paid member support for the site.

"Fuzion" 1986-2007 R.I.P.
    Name: Troy

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    Off subject but I would like to add.
    I became a paid member just because I was getting a lot of info off of this site and I felt as if I should give something back. I don't have a lot of knowledge over a lot of stuff. So I decided to become a paid member and help out the club that way. Others should really consider that. How much money have they already saved with just the knowledge and "how to" of the site. People should give just as they have recieved. If you saved money give back some. Now this site has cost me money on doing mods but if I did the same mod without the help from the people on here it would have cost a lot more!
    Troy - 2002 DSG #09850. 378 HP, 465 TQ