Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Hi all, advice need please

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    you can also look in through the fender well, at the side of the heaqd, above the exhaust manifold and there should be a date.

dont remember which side it is on...but if it has 2002 on it anywhere.....

of course removing a plug is the most surefire way..

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bgstew6
    you can also look in through the fender well, at the side of the heaqd, above the exhaust manifold and there should be a date.

dont remember which side it is on...but if it has 2002 on it anywhere.....

of course removing a plug is the most surefire way..
    +1

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    May is only 2 months from the end of the run on Ford lines, so I would venture to guess it has the new haeds on it. IIRC, the new heads were changed around the #4000 unit, and since 11,000 or so were made, it seems pretty safe.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    That's for the help guys, we've put a refundable deposit down on the truck and as long as they resolve the issue with the noise from the engine then we'll have it, if not then we can have the deposit back and keep looking for one. I'll keep ya posted on what happens.

Cheers Kerry (& Mark)
    Kerry (& Mark)

The cars: 00 Skoda Fabia. Mine: 03 F150 HD 2 tone
    The bikes: Mine - 03 Yamaha XJR1300 & 02 Yamaha FJR1300. His - 89 Yamaha FJ1200 & 01 Yamaha FJR1300.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Cheers,,,Keep us up to date..

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Been back today as they said their mechanic had solved the issue, said there was a gromit missing which they've put in. So we took it for another test drive. Basically the noise is 75% better but still there, it happens when accelerating from about 45ish but before the supercharger kicks in (hope that makes sense), we also find out today that it has a flow master exhaust on which they say is mint so I don't know whether that would make a difference or not?

We've told them we're still not happy as its still not cured so their going to have another look tomorrow and let us know. There was another benefit of going back today too as we spotted a crack in the windscreen which their also gonna replace.

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    could be spark knock...tip in detonation....what octane gas do they have in it....anything under 91 will knock on ya when ya get into the gas a little around that speed...

It happens around 45 while in OD and you lightly get on the gas.right?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bgstew6
    could be spark knock...tip in detonation....what octane gas do they have in it....anything under 91 will knock on ya when ya get into the gas a little around that speed...

It happens around 45 while in OD and you lightly get on the gas.right?

Thats just what I was thinking.

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerry
    Been back today as they said their mechanic had solved the issue, said there was a gromit missing which they've put in. So we took it for another test drive. Basically the noise is 75% better but still there, it happens when accelerating from about 45ish but before the supercharger kicks in (hope that makes sense), we also find out today that it has a flow master exhaust on which they say is mint so I don't know whether that would make a difference or not?

We've told them we're still not happy as its still not cured so their going to have another look tomorrow and let us know. There was another benefit of going back today too as we spotted a crack in the windscreen which their also gonna replace.
    Make sure that they put in an original Harley windscreen and not just a regular F150.

Down Under
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    ^^^^ Yeah - It has the Harley/Ford alliance logo in the centre bottom of the screen.

Yeah, it's fast...
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    as well as little harley davidson logos across the bottom and top of the windshield.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    An update

The windscreen guys took the chassis number apparently and its on order, it'll take about 3 weeks to arrive and will cost £1,000! (£300 just for fitting) - glad the dealer is paying and not me. I assume due to the length of delivery that it will be original plus the guy did say it had the HD logos on, so fingers crossed.

The mechanic the dealer use is going to have another look today at the engine to see if he can find the cause of the fluffing/blowing from the left side so will know more later hopefully.

On The Wrong East Coast
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Mark,

Damn, should have read this sooner. had mine up for sale for a while but now its been p/x'ed. Its sitting at 51st State Autos in Waltham Abbey.
    Mine was a 2003 Anniversary model on a 53 plate registered 1/1/04. It had 38,000 miles on it and was bone stock with a hard ARE tonneau cover on it.

they are great trucks and always bring a smile onto your face. Also get a lot of attention when burbling round town.

If the one you are looking for has a Flowmaster exhaust, are there any other mods done to the engine such a CAI? Its strange to change the exhaust as they sound pretty throaty as stock. There are a few guys over here who have modded their trucks but still run the stock setup.

KevF

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    mark here

well we bought it , but we may not be keeping it, already u may say well they have not converted the lights for the uk, which means m.o.t problems and red turn signals meen police men are not happy

so does anybody know of how much of a problem it is to convert it and costs

i am pretty handy with a soldering iron (electronics tech), but car wiring is a bit different than circuit diagrams

other than that is well cool (and i dont meen the a/c)

mark

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quite easy to do the light thing where the reversing lamp is you fit a amber lamp and run the wire from the stop/tail/turn up to it use a test lamp to figure out the turn signal from the rest. do you have the mirrors with the turn signal in them? if not you will need a side repeater on the front fenders as well you will also need a rear fog and a reversing lamp there are plenty of lamps on the market look in the ricer section of your local store or look on line don't get rid of it for a p!ss poor reason like lights if its what you want you will giterdone lol

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast