Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: $10.4 billion profit!

needs more cowbell!
    Name: Sheridan

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

$10.4 billion profit!

So how do you feel about ExxonMobil's profit announcement?
    Yes officer... I am aware of how fast I was going!

Man this is expensive!!!
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    like I get bent over everytime I go to one of their stations... this just proves it.

Yeah, it's fast...
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i couldnt have put it any better...

Name: Rich

Liked 47 Times in 34 Posts
    fill'er up please!!!
    sure just fill put this form!
    whats the form for?
    oh now we are making you finance your gas!!

im telling you thats what its going to turn into! its really getting ridiculous. there should be no logical reason gas is this high. i understand when the hurrican hit they turned off the pipe. now the big wigs figure hey they paid it then they'll pay it now!!! and you know what! they are right!!

Name:

Liked 111 Times in 76 Posts
    just paid 4.13US$/gallon for 94 octane.

shenanigans
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i think it is crap. this crap and that dude got like 400 million for retireing. BS. 60+ bucks to fill up my truck, and i aint even supercharged. gas should be at least 50 cents cheaper a gallon than it is.......
    2001 Harley Davidson F150 SuperCrew w/ many mods SOLD

jpanchalk
    Name:

I think BP was even more, but I don't feel like looking it up.
    Funny thing, the Mobile stations in my community are the cheapest of the "good gas". I could pay less (sometimes) at a generic station, but it's sh1t gas. Mobile is now even cheaper than gas on Fort Dix!

Supercharged '01
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 01harleydude
    gas should be at least 50 cents cheaper a gallon than it is.......
    I would say more like at least half. I think with inflation it should be in line with where it was in '01 around $1.50 / gallon. It is almost like a dream that we were paying just over 1.00 / gallon before the year 2000. Who would have thought in 6 years gas prices would triple.

Name: Rich

Liked 47 Times in 34 Posts
    around me the mobile/ exxon gas is more expensive and its crap! i use wawa gas its $3.20 for super. i understand supply and demand, but 10.4 billion in profit!! i wish my business did that! your talking after all the gas is shipped to the U.S shipped all over the country, thats one hell of a profit! now the greedy S.O.B's see that kinda profit and i doubt there going to go back!

"Fuzion" 1986-2007 R.I.P.
    Name: Troy

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    Bass Tards!!! I just paid $3.18 a gallon for 93 last night. Not as high as the $4.13 but damnit it's still expensive!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    My trucks been running on AM/PM crap stuff for months now, I aint payin 3.89 a gal for chevron anymore.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    What really ticks me off about the whole thing is that they claim they're reinvesting billions in research and development into oil alternatives and the like.

I'm only 3 classes away from graduating with a biz-management degree and, correct me if I'm wrong, but when you report a PROFIT, that's what you end up with AFTER you spend all the money on your operating costs.

I would think that operating costs would include the R&D.

This is the same smoke and mirrors act they've been putting up for years.

All so a few executives can live like kings for the remainder of their lives, knowing that they'll never even use 10% of their $400 million retirement plan.

All while the average american has to decide how much he/she can afford to put in the tank today.

That being said, I paid $3.02 for 93 octane this morning at Pure.

needs more cowbell!
    Name: Sheridan

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I am all for capitalism... but when is enough, enough? They have got about 2k from me so far this year.

The electric and natural gas companies have jumped on the same bandwagon.

Is this not the same as price gouging? I never thought the day would ever come when I was happy to see gas for under $3.

Gone Hunting
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    How much money is enough?

These guys could take a 50% pay cut and still live like kings....hell their grand kids could off the same money. It's a focking shame to be an American sometimes, you got people so into making money that they rip you off in times of need. The huge percentage of this profit came from last years Hurricain season. A time we have yet to fully recover from still to this day right at a year later. We needed help and all we got was shafted by oil comapnies and our beloved Government. It's just focking sickning.

Always working
    Name: Big John

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I heard this on the news this morning and man did it twist me off, when then government brought up a windfall tax they said they'd put $25mil into new exploration, that aint sh*t out of $10bil! and its for there own good to find new sources, blow me Exxon.

To tell you the truth, I wouldnt mind $3 a gallon so much IF,
    They would step up to plate and cover AT LEAST HALF of the cost of the war in the Middle East thats mainly for their own profit, we REAL tax payers and the country are going broke paying for this "Oil Companies war", and,
    Step up and give the family of every service man or woman who dies in action fighting for them $1mil, plus offer an education incentive or a decent retirement for those who make it out since when you look at their working for Exxon anyway . You can believe when ol George and **** retire they'll be livin' FAT!

Sorry for the rant, ever since us tax payers had to clean up the mess made by Exxon Valdez Ive been mad about this kind of thing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast