Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: rear bumper needed

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

rear bumper needed

Hey all, I had a kid in his dad's cadillac rear end me tonight and I will need a new rear bumper for an '03. Anyone have one for sale or a cost to replace?

Thanks

Also I have a ported eaton that I am in the middle of polishing if anyone is interested.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    When I was rearended it was a big hassle to find a bumper so I ended up having Purvis replace it with a new one. They did all the painting and such and it came out looking like nothing had changed.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Why not have the kid buy you a new one on his dime?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    what was the cost from purvis? The kid is paying for, he just wants to keep insurance out of it

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    My total repair was $1400.

I've still got the repair invoice which says the charges covered the new bumper, paint and prep, straightening the ends of the frame horns (mostly cosmetic), new undercoating, refinishing the two bed-panel pockets, replacing a fuse junction bracket, rear wiring harness (for my hitch), the plastic-connecting tube for the spare tire crank, and the plastic pads (stone shields) on the rear fenders. They also replaced the bumper step-pad even though it looked fine. I also ended up with a new spare, even though the old one looked fine, as Ford argued with State Farm that it was unsafe because the bumper brackets had touched it.

After that was done, I actually had to threaten to take the person to court to have my receiver replaced because I had it installed after the original date of purchase of my truck, even though it was purchased and financed with the truck. They bought me a new receiver after all was said and done.

You've probably got more damage than you know, I was rearended at less than 20mph and they needed all those parts to make it look new again.

I was impressed by the adjusters at Purvis, they weren't happy unless everything was new, or could be made like-new again. The rep from State Farm was very unhappy when they came back with a revised estimate that included the new parts, as his original estimate was about $700 in repairs, but he had to agree when they called me in just to have me watch as they explained the adjustments to him. When I had questions, they answered flat-out, no BS, and he just sat there red in the face. They continually mentioned the care I put in to the truck, and the limited-edition status. When he mocked the limited-production, they called the office and asked for a different adjuster and told me I should file a diminished value claim, he changed his tune to a cooperative one in seconds flat once he answered his cell. They also paid for a visit to the doctor...they insisted I go...because they just wanted this done with.

You ought to have it looked at by a good adjuster, just to make sure you don't have issues down the road. To climb under the rear end of my truck, you'd never know I was in an accident.

Dave
    Last edited by 2TonHog; 08-08-2006 at 08:13 PM.

Man this is expensive!!!
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Ndebt (Mike) can get you the bumper pretty cheap. Also check salvage yards in your area.

GOT BLING?
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have the one off my truck here. It should be in good shape,, buuut shipping for Wa state to VA would probably be murder.

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I can check with the local ford guy and see what he can do do you need the bumper only?

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I will pm you my phone number I got the prices for all the pieces but need to know what you need?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Also thinking of just replacing it with a Sir Michaels roll pan. If any one has done this and can tell me how it looks that would be great

T888 Recall
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    So he had no insurance either? Make him pay for it!!!
    That's the whole purpose of insurance..

-Del

GOT BLING?
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Here is my truck with a roll pan. not a michaels it is a ss pan but heres a pic

Stock Block 11.424@119.87
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    me want roll pan

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    How far will you be willing to drive? I have a silver one but it needs to be repainted it has a few scratches on it.
    2003 Two-Tone # 09625
    Best Time:12.1@115 on old setup

Built by Dynamic Auto
    613hp & 658tq
    SOLD!!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    well, I decided to put on a Sir michael's roll pan

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast