Thread: Dynos are becoming extinct around Charlotte

GetBusyLivinOrGetBusyDyin
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Dynos are becoming extinct around Charlotte

Just figured I would let you all know some info I ran into today. I used to take my truck to David Brown Motorsports for dyno runs. He used a built in dynojet there and was very reasonable when it came to charges. Well, I tried to call him today and got the "this number has been disconnected" message on both of his lines.

I then tried calling CP Racing as I know they got an in-house dyno during the past year. Well, they are closing down in the next 2 weeks or so.

I know that Dan with Pro-Dyno has his mobile dyno, but other than that I can't find another dyno (especially a dynojet) in the Charlotte area.

Anyone else have any ideas? I don't have a problem using Pro-Dyno, but I've found his prices to be a bit higher than other places which is the reason I didn't get my XCAL2 from him. So I'm not too sure how he would feel about me using his dyno to collect data to be sent to another SCT tuner.
    Justin

NHTOC#157 / 03 2-tone #9101
    444 RWHP / 527 Ft-lbs TQ SAE

Kenne Bell Powered
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hey i think Pro-Dyno charges $50 for 3 runs aslong as he's not tuning it.

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I am thinking about buying the XCAL2 from him and letting him tune my truck. Just been trying to save up the money quietly with out the wife knowing. I am sure she could find something other to spend it on for the house.

Vader
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1FastSCrew
    Just figured I would let you all know some info I ran into today. I used to take my truck to David Brown Motorsports for dyno runs. He used a built in dynojet there and was very reasonable when it came to charges. Well, I tried to call him today and got the "this number has been disconnected" message on both of his lines.

I then tried calling CP Racing as I know they got an in-house dyno during the past year. Well, they are closing down in the next 2 weeks or so.

I know that Dan with Pro-Dyno has his mobile dyno, but other than that I can't find another dyno (especially a dynojet) in the Charlotte area.

Anyone else have any ideas? I don't have a problem using Pro-Dyno, but I've found his prices to be a bit higher than other places which is the reason I didn't get my XCAL2 from him. So I'm not too sure how he would feel about me using his dyno to collect data to be sent to another SCT tuner.
    Justin,
    If Dave Brown has actually closed, that is truely a shame. He was great to work with. I will check on him today.

GetBusyLivinOrGetBusyDyin
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Yes, I agree Ron. If you find anything else out, let me know. But the 2 numbers that I have on his business card didn't work when I called them. I don't often get into his area in my travels or I would just stop by and check on it.

Vader
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I rode by his shop yesterday, and it's true--he's gone. I hope he is ok, and that maybe he just moved to another location, or perhaps simply decided to take an early retirement. I'll try to get more info.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    What I have found here in the Metro Atl. is there are shops,but;
    They don't call back
    They are very inexperienced
    Let non-qualified individuals run them
    Lock a torque converter, What (No clue)
    Don't tune
    God awful shop
    Etc...........