Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 36,000 miles of dirt.... Gone!!!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Mine are screwed up where the wheel weights were since my truck has been driven year round since new. When I had my new tires put on the chrome peeled right off with the weights!!! ARGGH. I'll have to get some new rims eventually I guess. My looks nice too..not a single mark on them...zero rash!

Yeah, it's fast...
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dsblk93gt
    Mine are screwed up where the wheel weights were since my truck has been driven year round since new. When I had my new tires put on the chrome peeled right off with the weights!!! ARGGH. I'll have to get some new rims eventually I guess. My looks nice too..not a single mark on them...zero rash!
    Tthere are also some chrome repair shops that will strip the old chrome off, fix any curb rash etc. and re-dip them. There is a place around here (houston) that will do it for $100 a wheel. I figure that's what I'll do instead of buying aftermarket rims. 2 or my rims are curbed pretty bad because of valet parkers in my area

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Don't H8
    Tthere are also some chrome repair shops that will strip the old chrome off, fix any curb rash etc. and re-dip them. There is a place around here (houston) that will do it for $100 a wheel. I figure that's what I'll do instead of buying aftermarket rims. 2 or my rims are curbed pretty bad because of valet parkers in my area
    Hmm..thanks for the tip! That might a good option. I could always get some aftermatket ones and have my original redone..

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The original owner of our truck had the weights on the outside(from the factory?)for 9k miles.I had that shyt RIPPED off,and stick on,put on,in the middle(my tire guy hates me now).My '97 and the Bug,neither one have the pound on shyt.

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    yeah stock the weights are on the outside. i never bothered having mine changed to inside the rim til i got new toyos. so a good 5 years with those fugly things! lol

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley#356
    then wash the insides of the rims every month or so when you're washing the truck and they'll stay nice and bling bling with almost zero elbow grease
    i just use an old wax applicator pad as the wash pad for getting the insides of the rims. its a squeeze, but only takes a few minutes and keeps the brake dust down to zero from building up
    Can use this ... Meguiars new product intro:

http://www.meguiars.com/whatsnew/new...cfm?SKU=G14616

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    i may have to try some of that. usually just use Z6 QD on the wheels, but that can get pricey!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3