Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 73,000 miles and no oil separator...

My Screename doesn't work
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Me too.

Gone Hunting
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    To bad this couldn't take place this comming weekend or the following weekend. I'll be in town with the Harley to pick up an 87' Buick ;) I could kill a few birds with one shot.

My Screename doesn't work
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Anyone know how to fill in the silencer holes??? I would like to get that done if its possible.

Always working
    Name: Big John

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Murphy? Im lost already. Im still not sure I can make it but Im gonna try. I wouldnt post an addy or directions on the net but could someone PM me some? Us southsiders get lost past LBJ.... maybe meet up with FW guys someplace?
    the 23rds gonna be a long night, the SVT show then going out when thats over, what time is this starting? Ive gotten used to running on 3-4 hours sleep.

Ray, the LSPBC (Lone Star Perf. Buick Club) show is next weekend, there were a bunch of GNs & T Types there last month, small, 30-40 car show but good.

El Capitan
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sheridan, it will only take about an hour to get to Murphy. Especially on a Sunday. It is between Plano and Wylie. We can just hit the George Bush Turnpike in Las Calinas and take it all the way to Plano.
    Rusty
    2006 F250 DSG HD
    Black 2003 #00023 - SOLD

R.I.P Blake "Fuzion" Finnell

Gone Hunting
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TX Harley Guy

Ray, the LSPBC (Lone Star Perf. Buick Club) show is next weekend, there were a bunch of GNs & T Types there last month, small, 30-40 car show but good.

You da man John

I'll see if I can look it up and see when/where.

Thanks

Edited: You da man again, I just saw it on your whats going on this month's thread. I just never knew what LSPBC stood for. I'll see about making this one with both the Harley and hopefully the new addition to the family.
    Last edited by Pro-Hawk; 09-08-2006 at 10:22 PM.

Superbeast
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by s|ck
    Anyone know how to fill in the silencer holes??? I would like to get that done if its possible.
    Yup, done that too

http://www.reptilogic.com/HD/vid/venom3.mpg

http://www.reptilogic.com/HD/vid/venom1.mpg
    look how far down the street the truck is after I ran and turned around and listen to the blower....

Name: Chris

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I will take the advice of those who have been there before so no parts needed. Got plenty of swivel joints and sockets as I have done the spark plugs already.

my address is 1011 Oriole Dr. I can pick up the fixins for hamburgers and dogs. You'all bring whatever drinks you want. AS we get closer, I will look for a confirmed count of who will be there.

Name: Chris

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If ya'll want to shift it to the 17th so Pro-Hawk can make it, that is fine with me. I was trying not to mess with Fun Ford weekend in case someone wanted to go there.

Always working
    Name: Big John

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Ray, if you or anyone else are going to the LSPBC show LMK, I was going to a deal in Desoto since it will be a shorter ride home for me but Ill go to Richardson if someone else is going.

Thanx for the addy Blackhawk, Next weekend might be a toigh one for me but Ill try to be there!

Gone Hunting
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TX Harley Guy
    Ray, if you or anyone else are going to the LSPBC show LMK, I was going to a deal in Desoto since it will be a shorter ride home for me but Ill go to Richardson if someone else is going.

You bet John, I'll know more Monday afternoon.

I'm pretty sure one way or the other I'll be in Austin this Friday on some "my friend has a warrant he needs to pay but only in person" type of business. He's afraid they'll impound his Lightning if he drives him self lol. I plan on spending the night in Dallas and picking up the Buick Saturday. Then we'll make the show the following night. The only catch is, the wife says she may have some buisness as well in Austin. If so, we'll probaly stay in Austin the whole weekend and be in the Tahoe I wonder if I can talk her into a TBSS or one of those SRT jeeps...they're more interresting than a Tahoe lol
    Last edited by Pro-Hawk; 09-09-2006 at 11:34 AM.

No more blower...
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Okay, do some of the west DFW peeps want to meet up and follow each other out there? What time are we doing this? How long does it take per truck?

Around When I Can...
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Pick the date. I most likely have to work, but i'll still stop by. I know where its at.... Reachable from 75 or from 78.

I usually head down 78 just cause i am in Rockwall.
    Last edited by Fuzion; 09-10-2006 at 10:36 PM.

needs more cowbell!
    Name: Sheridan

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I would also like to know how long it will take per truck .

Is someone going to instuct and we all do our own trucks at the same time... or will someone with knowledge do each truck on at a time?
    Yes officer... I am aware of how fast I was going!

Superbeast
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    it's really not that hard of a procedure.
    Figure 45 min to an hour on the first ones to remove the blower as you're figuring everything out - the rearmost blower bolts are kind of a pita to get to, 15-20 min to clean the IC and ~30-45 min to reinstall. Adding plugs in there might tack on another hour. Assuming things go well ;)
    Filling silencer holes adds a lot of time cuz you need to let the JB weld set.
    What we usually did was pull those blowers first with the truck somewhere kind of out of the way and then reassemble them last at the end of the day so there was maximum hardening time.
    I would suggest you double team up on each others trucks cuz 2 pairs of hands helps.

I'll PM my cell# to whoever wants it and I'll help out as much as possible over the phone if you get stuck as long as its on a sun or mon. It's also nice to have an unmolested truck around so you can look off of it and make sure you put things back right - if you get a "uh oh, where does this go?" kind of thing, it's nice to be able to look at one that hasn't been taken apart yet.

our mod days usually started about 9AM and went till dinner time with some grill time for lunch and we did everything - blower swaps, e-fan installs, intakes, suspension swaps, brake swaps, stereo, gauges, you name it sometimes all of the above on the same truck in the same day - right Mike(2manytrucks)?
    The only one we chose not to tackle was my freakin windage tray - something about having to pull the motor mounts and jack up the motor to pull the oil pan seemed a bit daunting at the time...
    '03 HD Solid Black - Gone but never forgotten.
    '07 Jeep JK Unlimited Rubicon

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast