Thread: Navy Seal question

Yeah, it's fast...
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Navy Seal question

I work with a moron who claims he was a navy seal. Now apart from the fact that he is 5'7 and weighs about 350lbs (mid 30s), he really doesn't have the demeanor, respect or manners of generally all the military people I've encountered. When asked by a co-worker (who is a retired Naval officer) when he graduated or what class he was in, this guy responded "I can't tell you because it is covered by a dark cloud of secrecy." Those were his exact words. Now I understand assignments and missions would be covered, but not general information of what class he was in or when he was in the military.

Is this a line of BS or what? Is there any way to check whether he was actually even in the military?

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    looks liek a duck, smells like a duck.......................

ask to see his dd-214...

#4954, 12APR01
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    having gone to school and/or worked with a few SEALs, I am leaninng towards raising the BS flag here. As you have already pointed out, basic info about his career is not "covered by a dark cloud of secrecy." Reminds me of a lady friend who was very proud to introduce me to her new BF, an ex-SEAL (wow!) So I asked him a few basic questions (e.g. when he went to BUD/S, which teams he's been with, etc.)

Dude went into sheer panic mode and pulled me aside and confessed: he was never a SEAL and did not even know what BUD/S meant.

There was a site run specifically to flush out/expose posers but it has been shut down for legal reasons.
    http://www.cyberseals.org/authentiseal/

Meanwhile, check this link out:
    http://www.nightscribe.com/Military/...nabe_seals.htm
    Last edited by kromdom; 08-29-2006 at 08:47 PM.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I did 2 tours at the west coast base where the BUDS/UDT go through the phases to become SEALS. This guy is so full of S**T that he needs to be processed for an alternative fuel. The SEALS are the closest knit community in the NAVY- to the point that YOU REMEMBER THE GUYS AND CLASS NUMBER THAT YOU WERE WITH. I was going to ask for the guys name to research him, but it would not be worth my time and effort to prove what we already know- A LOSER AND A LIAR!! Call his bluff. Ask him which base he went through BUDS at- NAB Coronado in San Diego is the only answer:
    http://www.sealchallenge.navy.mil/
    You can quote me on this.............................................. ........
    2003 HARLEY DAVIDSON F-150 #2888 (Black) of 10,047. Born on 1/23/03.
    Formerly "100th#2888"

Dual Magnaflows w/ X, HID headlights, LED rear, L 3rd, Line of Fire, Roush fogs, Eibach 1" front drop, 2" Bell Tech rear drop, "L" spec Bilsteins at all 4, Ported and Polished throttle body, Custom polished stock upper, Volant intake, METCO Idler pulleys, Innovations ProSport. TRADED IN ON 6/3/08. Fun while the ride lasted. U.S. NAVY SEABEES RETIRED.

Yeah, it's fast...
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    thanks guys. thats what i thought. i'll call him on it next time our paths cross.

#4954, 12APR01
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Don't H8
    thanks guys. thats what i thought. i'll call him on it next time our paths cross.
    keep us posted! little secret to flush him out quick: even-numbered Teams are EAST Coast based while the WEST Coast is for odd-numbered teams

You: Wassup, bra! So, can you at least tell me what team you were with?
    Him: Uhhh, T-t-t-two?
    You: Right on. Must be nice being based in sunny SoCal then, huh?
    Him: Definitely!
    You:

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kromdom
    keep us posted! little secret to flush him out quick: even-numbered Teams are EAST Coast based while the WEST Coast is for odd-numbered teams

You: Wassup, bra! So, can you at least tell me what team you were with?
    Him: Uhhh, T-t-t-two?
    You: Right on. Must be nice being based in sunny SoCal then, huh?
    Him: Definitely!
    You:
    YUP! Nothing like smoking out a FAKE!

needs more cowbell!
    Name: Sheridan

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I was not in the Navy. I was in the Army. But I do know all of the military branches are full of tradition.

Most guys with those types of jobs won't even tell you if you ask and they sure don't run around bragging about it.
    Yes officer... I am aware of how fast I was going!

jpanchalk
    Name:

If he seems like a total douche, then he may very well be a SEAL.

All kidding aside (but not really - I never met a "cool" one yet) there is no "shroud of secrecy," be it the SEALs, SF, SOAR, PJs, Force Recon, etc. The general mission is not classified. TRUE no one should be bragging about it, or rather, advertising it, but to say something like what he did is just as much bragging about it as is the drunk guy at the bar boasting about his job/accomplishments/self-importance.

I just had an arguement about unit designations (like kromdom pointed out) two weeks ago with a senior NCO , and was supprised that a lot of non-squids didn't know that.

Anyone else ever been to a "SEAL bar" and experienced a total school yard bully/pack animal ******ity? One-on-one they seem decent, but get them in a group and it's like being in grade school again. But deadlier.