Thread: Interesting Phenomenon

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Interesting Phenomenon

I find it extremely interesting that crude oil prices are at an all-time high price per barrel yet gasoline prices at the pump continue to decline a little since summer-time highs. This phenomenon goes against all known study of economics. It defies any education I have of such and is completely contrary to the "laws" of supply and demand.

Why is it that this strange, unprecedented phenomenon is occurring at this particular time? It may just be the one and only time such a thing happens for ALL time! Might the fact that November elections are creating an impact? ... kind of like the Moon's gravitational pull on the Earth?

Also, how is it that oil companies can continue to post 21 consecutive operating quarters of RECORD HIGH (not just rising) profits while supplies continue to go down and costs of access, transportation, and refining oil have allegedly gone up?! I guess they just have extremely talented and capable executive management/leadership? Maybe the US auto makers could benefit by sharing some oil execs' management expertise?

shadyharley
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I heard a rumor that the U.S. struck a huge oil deposit somewhere the size of Fort Knox. I dont know how much credibility it has but, i did get it from a radio news station.

Supercharged '01
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I heard they found more oil somewhere in the Gulf of Mexico also, but they say by the time testing is complete we won't see any affect on the price of gas until 2010.

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Dont know for certain but they could be low since they need to get rid of the summer gas mix and will need to switch over to the winter gas mix.
    Tazz

needs more cowbell!
    Name: Sheridan

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Why $1.15 gas isn’t a fantasy

Interesting article. I think gas prices are falling because X-mas is just around the corner.
    Yes officer... I am aware of how fast I was going!

Man this is expensive!!!
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I agree its because of the elections coming up...the republicans don't want to get hammered on this issue too...and then right after the first of the year...$3.50 a gallon.

Gone Hunting
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2manytrucks
    I agree its because of the elections coming up...the republicans don't want to get hammered on this issue too...and then right after the first of the year...$3.50 a gallon.

That sounds about right.

Well I just filled up and it was 2.66 a gallon for 91 octane.

Gone but never forgotten
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2manytrucks
    Doesnt this show how deceptive your government is? They want your votes so they drop prices to look like the good guys and once their guaranteed another 4 years they stab you in the back.

I have an idea, how about your government gets out of iraq and canada will get out of afganistan and be done with it. Were fighting a losing battle.

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Mav,

I'm so with ya! So how can we make this happen?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    O.K., O.K., I will clear this up for you guy's.

We all have me to thank, I was cleaning up the other night for a date using the trusty ole

And wow, I was wringing out the towel. Plus that stuff makes a great polish and not just for Chrome either,,, We use it for many things including

This is a big event around here even my cat Puss enjoys it....

Last edited by Dbl G; 09-20-2006 at 08:17 AM.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It is absolutely tied to the upcoming elections. If you ever needed any proof that the Government is in deep with the oil industry there it is folks. You can rest assured that once the elections are past the prices will climb so that they can continue to make their record profits while getting huge tax breaks for their suffering.