Thread: JLP intercooler tank

Bobby Bouchet's neighbor
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

JLP intercooler tank

1)Remove the battery 1st. I didnt need to , to get the washer fluid tank out but needed to later to put the inter cooler tank in.
    You can see the three bolts after the WF tank is out and you remove the washer fluid motor and level sensor.

2)I installed the hose barbs,water pet**** and the rubber WF screen.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    MODS:
    MMR 900HP block,Crower Hi-lift Stage II cams,L&M adjustable cam gear,JLP alluminum intake,Accufab TB,JLP Cold Induction,Dekka 60 injectors,twin 255 Fuel pumps,Accel COPs,Reichard Bbower spacer,Kenne Bell 2.3 with Magnum Powers Idler Bracket,Cobra WP,twin row radiator,F250 trans cooler mod,PI torque convertor, Brian's Truck built transmission,Carbon Fiber driveshaft, Bilstiens, slotted rotors, LFP traction bars, Bassani hi flow mids to Magnaflow, SS brake lines, Chickenears Twin Fan , AFCO interchiller, LFP E fan (2nd edition),JLP aluminum intercooler tank,Autometer boost guage, Aeroforce H/D Gauge , Pioneer AVCII , Alpine TV,Alpine speakers,two Bazooka subs,sound matting,stop theif door plates,satillite radio.

Bobby Bouchet's neighbor
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    3)I then disconnected the upper IC tank hose, removed IC tank nut placed the tank over to get some space.
    Installed tank as seen but used a body fender nut on top JLP IC tank attachment point.
    (tank fitment with hose barbs is tight, need to push AC line around)
    I then attatched top IC line to tank.Blew into stock IC tank upper hose barb to get water wetter and water into JLP tank and also reduce spill from lower hose removal.
    With the hose not on the bottom of the JLP tank you may get a little to come out but the JLP holds a lot more than the stock one.
    4) You can see how tight but clear fitment the hose and WF motor harness are.

Bobby Bouchet's neighbor
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    5) Add your favorite beverage! I mean cheap bottle water. Most city water has calcium and lime that over time with heat calcify in the intercooler and radiator , like the office coffee pot.So why give it an easy start?
    Last edited by l8tapex; 09-22-2006 at 07:28 PM.

Bobby Bouchet's neighbor
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    6) Done! Also I have my 3m scratch/bug clear tape on.Can you see it? The whole front hood and spoiler.Even in direct sun its hard to see.

Name: Dave

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Last edited by sdharley03; 10-25-2006 at 12:56 AM.

Bobby Bouchet's neighbor
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I got the plain one...I can buff any BS off.Stew made two points,one the WFtank cap may need a pin hole to release pressure so the line doesnt bleed on the hood,two he putthe lower hose barb on after tank placement.I rather not bang a wrench in their its tight but we all get it done!Thanks Stew!I just got mine at 6:00 and had in loaded by 7:00 PM!Get er done SDHARLEy03!

Around When I Can...
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Waiting for results.... i want one, just curious to see how it performs before i drop a good amount of change.