Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Sorry fellas....went to the dark side!!

Kenne Bell Powered
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ok, not a bad car but they do have a MAJOR weakness, their trannys are total crap. I've owned two of them, and 97' 3000gt SL and a 96' 3000GT VR-4. The SL was my wifes and it was crap, replaced auto tranny 3 times and its not cheap either. My VR-4 (450hp) blew the tranny, tranfer case and went through about 5 staters. Nice cars taht get decent gas milage but not very sound mechanically.

I love the car but got very tired of it always going down. BTW the engin is not dodge, its a mits.
    489 rwhp / 596 tq SAE Corrected
    14' degrees of timing
    15lbs of boost

Kenne Bell, JLP sheet metal intake, 5lb lower, 3.0 upper, metco belt tench, C&L intake pipe, jlp ram air, Flouidine Heat Exchanger, SCT Eliminator Switch Chip, SCT 2400 maf meter, Custom Dyno tune, Bassani L spec exhoust, maggy high flow cats, BTS tranny 2600 stall, Gayloard x-2000, L tails, L third light, Depo headlights, FJO wideband, Metco Traction Bars, twin 255 fuel pumps, 55lb injectors.

FEATURED
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Josh, I found you the PERFECT truck! It even comes lowered!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Dont go with the Prelude unless its a vtec one.
    We had a 92 s model for a couple years and did nothing but put parts in it. The list of parts are....radiator, shocks, steering rack, power steering pump, distributor, fuel pump, fuel pump relay(pricey booger right there), timing belts(yes the s model has 2 of them and mechanics cringe on the thought of changing them), water pump, it needed a knock sensor when we got rid of it, and it would die for no reason at a red light.
    We finally sold it and the wife said she would never own another Honda after owning 2 junk Preludes. Then she turns around and buys an Acura TSX

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    lol well the prelude i found turned out to have 4 owners and was in 2 accidents just a month apart. a far cry from the "one owner" the dealer told me carfax ended that one haha

put about 800 miles on the stealth so far, everything going good. I wanted a manual so i could finally learn how to drive one so i'm not concerned about the issues with the auto trannies in these, since the manuals seem to hold up pretty well from what i've read.

my cat delete pipe came in already, waiting on my 5300K HID's and new shifter boot to come in. will probably get wet okole seat covers for x-mas (leather in these is uber cheap and wears pretty quick), and maybe a HU & sub. also tint after i get inspection but still waiting for the insurance card to arrive.

only issue so far is yesterday i noticed a slight scrape noise for just a half second to a second when i'm either going into reverse or going into 1st gear. i hope its not the clutch going already lol wanted it to last til the spring, but maybe not. it is the original clutch with 116K on it, and i was a little hard on it learning to drive stick haha

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8