Thread: Just got the COolest I think I ever GOt!!!

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Just got the COolest I think I ever GOt!!!

My mom was at a convention out in the Midwest....and said she got a little something for me....

A book entitled "WARRIORS: Navajo Code Talkers"

Come to find out many were there in person and she asked them if they would sign the book for me. In all 12 of them signed the book. By far the most touching book and peice of USMC and US history I think that I own and will forever hold dear to my heart.

Though I doubt any of them will ever see this post I have to thank you for your service to this great nation and thank you from the bottom of my heart. Makes me even prouder to be a Marine and this will always hold a special place on the mantle in honor of you.

Semper Fidelis!!

For those of you who do not know who they were:

"The Navajo Code Talkers, whose ranks exceed 400 during the course of World War II in the Pacific Theater. Have been credited with saving countless lives and hastening the end of the war. The Code Talker's served in all six Marine divisions from 1942 to 1945.

The Code Talker's primary job was to talk and transmit information on tactics, troop movements, orders and other vital battlefield information via telegraphs and radios in their native dialect. A major advantage of the code talker system was its speed. The method of using Morse code often took hours where as, the Navajos handled a message in minutes. It has been said that if was not for the Navajo Code Talker's, the Marines would have never taken Iwo Jima.

The Navajo's unwritten language was understood by fewer than 30 non-Navajo's at the time of WWII. The size and complexity of the language made the code extremely difficult to comprehend, much less decipher. It was not until 1968 that the code became declassified by the US Government."

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    theres an excellent movie about this, called "Code Talkers"

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Got it on DVD

Rumblin Bumblin Stumblin
    Name:

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
    read the book flyboys by James J. Bradley

Just my Pickup & my Dog
    Name: Chris

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You should let Brit borrow that.
    Last edited by 02MoneyPit; 09-30-2006 at 11:58 AM.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Actually I think it is called Wind Talkers with Nicholas Cage and it is an awsome movie.