Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Oct 2006 Truck Of The Month - Congrats Randy "HARLEY6LF250SDUTY" Wilson! (NHTOC #216)

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts

Smile Oct 2006 Truck Of The Month - Congrats Randy "HARLEY6LF250SDUTY" Wilson! (NHTOC #216)

Congrats to Randy and his long history of Harley Trucks on October 2006 TOTM!

Question # 1: What sparked your interests in the Harley trucks?
    Especially your continuing upgrade to each new model year released?

It all started in 1976 with my 1st motorcycle. My uncle had a Bright Yellow 1972 Harley 125 trail bike. He sold it to me for $150.00 ---6 Harley’s later…I bought a 2000 Harley F-150 as soon as I saw it. The rest is history.

Question # 2: Any interesting stories behind the history of vehicles
    you've owned leading up to the HD truck or how you got it?

I have a LONG list of interesting vehicles & stories since I got my 1st FORD. I’ll try to be brief. When I was 15, I bought my 1st car, a 1967 Mustang Coupe with a 289 4v (A-code). I worked on it for a year to get it ready for my 16th birthday, and my Driver’s Lic on Dec. 17th 1977. Since then I have owned 83 Mustangs (11 at 1 time) including a 65 Shelby GT-350 and a 68 Shelby GT-500. 7 Bronco’s and 6 Ford Super Duty Trucks.

Question # 3: Give me a rough list of the mods that have been done to your truck. I know you’ve been through a few Harley Trucks, but just list some of your favorite mods between them all!
    [i]I lifted my 04 DSG F-250 with a ProComp 6” kit and added 37” BFG MT’s I was able to run a 14.93 ¼ mile time at Lightning/Harley TruckFest in Topeka KS. Not to bad for a 7000lb truck, pushing a ton of air. My 05 True Blue Harley F-350, was pretty much stock. With a SuperChip Programmer, this truck ran a 14.47 at KC LightningFest last year. This is now the infamous Blown Turbo Truck that MJ351 (Mike Jones) bought from me. I currently own a Dark Tor Red F-350 Harley SD. This year a LightningFest my best time was a 14.83 ?? with just a SuperChip Programmer. If Ford has the Harley Pkg. For the NEW 08 6.4L twin-turbo SD, I will put 1 in the order bank for myself.

Question # 4: Tell us a little about yourself. Your other hobbies, your job, your favorite past time, whatever!

[i] I am the Fleet/Comm Truck Mngr. at Freeway Ford, in Denver CO. I drove a Semi for 1.3 million miles before I gave up OTR driving. I pulled my truck up behind a Ford Dealer 1 day about 6 years ago, walked in and told the GM that I wanted to sell FORD Trucks. We had a short meeting, and I headed to Chicago with a load of US Mail. I got a call to come back in and I agreed to start selling truck for straight commission. I lead the Sales Board for the next several months. I love selling FORD Trucks, it’s a good living. I am also a HUGE Baseball & NASCAR fan. I also get to order and upfit F-650 Monster Trucks, which is a blast. These trucks draw so much attention when I drive them around town. Not to mention I get to play with the NEW SHELBY GT-500’s.

Question # 5: You've been a member on the site for quite a while now, what is one of the best things you like about the site that keeps you around?
    [i]I have meet some GREAT People here. The NHTOC has some of the best motor-heads, and guys/gals that are willing to help a fellow member out. Plus the SoCal bunch enjoys Vegas, almost as much as I do.

Question # 6: What is one suggestion to help make the site a better place?
    [i]I have stated this here before, but I truly believe that it takes PAID members to help with the costs involved to keep this Great Site going. It’s great that we have people stop in and use the boards for info and interaction. But after a couple months, I would think that it is worth the dues to become a Paid Member. Just my .02

Question # 7:
    This is where I normally ask about where you decided on your screen name at, and although HARLEY6LF250SDU is somewhat self explanatory, any specific reason for choosing it?

[i]I owned the 04 F-250 when I became a member. And it was just easier to keep it than change it to HARLEY6LF350SDU.

Question # 8: Almost at the end, what is in the future for your truck? New one on order, or more mods for the one you have now, or what’s next up your sleeves?!
    [i]I am looking at Building a F-650 HARLEY Ultra Super Duty. Although my ¼ mile times will suffer.

Question 9: Last and final question, just an open end question for if you had anything else you wanted to mention that I didn’t have a question for...here's the place to go at it! Your website link, a plug for something, etc. etc. whatever you want to throw in!

[i]I want everyone to know that I am here for any help, info or whatever. And I would be glad to Order your next FORD Truck, car or SUV.

And with that, I would like to say on behalf of the entire community at NHTOC, thanks for being a supporting member for all these years, and for always being there to help everybody out!! Congrats on TOTM October, 2006!

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well Deserved Randy...class act guy!

Defintely looking forward to another Vegas GTG!!!!

Need to make plans to come down for a Harley Love Ride another great time with the Crappers!

Congrats!

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts

Thumbs up

Way to go Randy! Nice trucks!

NLOC # 1174
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    How did I Know I Would Be Mentioned With The Term Infamous Associated To My Exploits ;)

Good Show Old Man !

"Fuzion" 1986-2007 R.I.P.
    Name: Troy

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    Congrats on the TOTM!
    Troy - 2002 DSG #09850. 378 HP, 465 TQ

4X4 POWER-STROKEN
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks Guys.
    If anyone is coming to or heading through Denver, look me up. We can grab a burger & beer.

Randy 303 584-6623

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats on a deserved TOTM randy!

Name: Dave

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Congratulations Randy!!!

NLOC # 1174
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HARLEY6LF250SDU
    Thanks Guys.
    If anyone is coming to or heading through Denver, look me up. We can grab a burger & beer.

Randy 303 584-6623
    C'Mon Tell Them The Rest Of the Story, Burger & Beer, Credit App & New Harley!!!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MJ351
    C'Mon Tell Them The Rest Of the Story, Burger & Beer, Credit App & New Harley!!!

Dont forget after the credit app you have the downpayment bump, term bump and payment bump... if randys strong that is.....

Man this is expensive!!!
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Congrats Randy, well deserved.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Way to go Randy

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats Randy!!!!!!!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    CONGRATS RANDY!!! And thanks for all the help and knowledge that you have helped with over the past 2 years of my membership!

- 2011 HD F-150 RWD Tuxedo Black # 00359
    3/5 Belltech drop on 24's

- 2009 HD Street Glide Pewter Pearl w/ Lots & Lots of BLACK & CHROME!
    " Fo Sho MoFo "

http://www.nhtoc.com/photopost/showfull.php?photo=9687

shenanigans
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    congrats randy, good to see you get it!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast