Thread: truck cover

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

truck cover

I think it's necessary to get a cover now. At my station, I have my own parking spot but sometimes have to leave my truck there for a few days while I'm driving a fd vehicle. So, the sprinklers and lawn guys are wreaking havoc on it.

Any ideas on where to look for good quality covers that will fit our trucks?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yes...

I cant remember the name of mine, its on the truck right now.

Call Chris @ NAPA Tolland, CT. He will ship anywhere in US.

He can give you the details & price of the cover. Its an awesome fit. Four layer, all weather, etc.

Tell him, Michael in Florida referred you.

He is a Lightning forum member. Good guy.
    2006 Harley Davidson Ford F150 - SOLD
    McGaughy's 2/5 Lowering Kit, Air Lift Slam Air Assist (Rear), Roll Pan, 4.10:1 Gears, Truxedo LoPro Tonneau Cover, Carbon Window Tint, Roll Pan w/Hitch
    STS Remote Turbo System, Dirty Dog 11" Converter, FTVB Calibration Kit, Deep Aluminum Pan, Auto Meter Gauges, SCT XCAL2 Custom Tune, 434HP 511TQ

2007 FXSTB Night Train
    Denim Blue, PCB Black Inverted Front End, V&H Big Radius, SERT, SE Air Cleaner Kit, HTCC 10.5:1s, HTCC CNC Ported Heads, 103" Cylinders, 251 Cams, 97HP 104TQ

2008 Cargo South 7x16 V-Nose Enclosed Trailer
    Black w/Diamond Plate Stone Guards, Aluminum Mag Wheels, White Interior Walls, Black & White Vinyl Floor (In Process), E-Track in Floor (In Process)

2007 Shelby Mustang GT #4453
    No Modifications - Yet!!!

2007 VW GTI 2.0FSI (Wifey's Toy)
    Revo Stage I, Progressive Tint, Forge Motorsports Billet Diverter Valve

Ford Taurus (Winter Driver)

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    i've got the cali cover noah model and love it.

they have come out with a model above that though for outdoor use, little more priceier, but I'll probably swing for it this winter and sell my noah one.

customer service is awesome too. my truck was broken into and the cover slashed the day after i got it. called them up to see how much it would cost to repair and they just said send the cover back and they'd patch it all up for free. cant beat that!

call up cali covers if you order from them, they cut me a little better of a deal over the phone than just ordering online

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have the Wolf Evolution, Custom Fit.

Awesome.

needs more cowbell!
    Name: Sheridan

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    A really good cover for the money is the Raider Lorider.
    Yes officer... I am aware of how fast I was going!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steinjr
    A really good cover for the money is the Raider Lorider.
    Ahh.... wrong kind of cover. I think he is looking for a Car Cover to cover up his truck when he has to leave it.

Good looking bed covers though.

needs more cowbell!
    Name: Sheridan

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    oops... my bad.

Stokdgs
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Have had proabably a dozen car covers on as many

vehicles, and after Beverly Hills Car Cover Co. went out of business, found the next best ones at calcarcover.com. The "Noah" fabric spoken of here, is too stiff and rough for me, but it does do an awesome job, because of its weight and texture. I prefer a lighter more snug fitting one like their "Weathershield" version. Car covers are hard enough to put on and take off on bigger vehicles alone as it is, so you have to ask yourself how much harder that would be with a big, heavy cover vs a lighter one. Then you have to factor how windy it is where you are going to use it.. Just some food for thought, good luck with your choice.. I totally agree with all said regarding California Car Cover Co. - great people, great pricing, and now, free shipping! DanF

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stanger View Post
    I think it's necessary to get a cover now. At my station, I have my own parking spot but sometimes have to leave my truck there for a few days while I'm driving a fd vehicle. So, the sprinklers and lawn guys are wreaking havoc on it.

Any ideas on where to look for good quality covers that will fit our trucks?
    There are many types of breathable fabrics available. The big difference in price between the cheap covers (and tarps) and the good covers is due to the breathable fabrics. Never ever cover a truck with a non-breathable cover. Condensation build-up under the cover can do lots of damage.

I have the max cover from empire its a 3 layer cover made from Tyvek developed by DuPont.

EmpireCovers-Review

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xcellu8 View Post
    There are many types of breathable fabrics available. The big difference in price between the cheap covers (and tarps) and the good covers is due to the breathable fabrics. Never ever cover a truck with a non-breathable cover. Condensation build-up under the cover can do lots of damage.

I have the max cover from empire its a 3 layer cover made from Tyvek developed by DuPont.
    pretty much all decent brand covers are breathable fabrics. One other key thing to look for in covers is mirror pockets, and as much form fitting sewing of the panels as possible, vs just a big bubble sort of cover. it allows the cover to fit tighter to the vehicle, for less dirt and dust to blow up from underneath coating the paint, for the cover to chaffe up against when the wind blows.

black isn't ideal for outdoors, but this fitment is excellent. I actually layer the black cover with a white cali cover on top for my longer term outdoor use

Last edited by Harley#356; 10-20-2009 at 06:01 AM.