Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Wheel CLeaning Tip

Yeah... I drive fast.
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    or a .99 grill cleaning brush from Wally Mart. heh heh

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I used Dupont "teflon"(hehehehe) Wheel Cleaner(it was cheap@ Walmart) on mine before L-Fest,kicked azz on the brake dust.Followed that with Mothers chrome polish/Powerball.They looked damn good,till we hit the monsoon enroute to K.C.

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    I just wash the insides of the rims every time i wash the truck....no brake dust buildup to battle washes off nice and easy

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    thread resurrection!!!!

i read this long time ago, and finally picked up a bottle of the Eagle Chrome and Wire cleaner. I always see the regular wheel cleaner, but found teh Chrome version at AutoZone.

GOOD GOD! My DD's wheels were borderline black chrome with all the muck I let build up. Using this Eagle One spray to clean chrome is the equivalent of using Brake Cleaner to clean Oil. If someone told me that the spray actually created chrome, I would believe it. It works that good.

Of course I had to dig up the old thread and add my testimony.

Name:

Liked 111 Times in 76 Posts

Name: Dave

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    I finally got around to buying and using this stuff. All i can say is HOLY CRAP!!!!

When my wheels get bad I usually sit down near the wheel and go to town with Nev r dull. It works great, but takes about an hour to get all 4 wheels. I sprayed this stuff on today with my wheels looking like crap, used a brush very lightly on the rims, washed it off, and the wheels look new. I can't believe how good this stuff works. It will save me a ton of time in the future. I also used Wesley's Beche White to clean the tires and they are looking great now too. I had a ton of crap built up on the tires and it's all gone now. Took less than 30 minutes to do all the rims and tires.

Eagle One Chrome and Wire Cleaner and Wesley's Bleche White is all you need to make your rims and tires like new. Thanks Stew, this stuff is awesome!!!

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    yup....beats wadding polish or the like and rips all the stupid crap off, tar, etc.....glad it works for you to LOL

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    same reaction i had. it's rediculous how simple it is and how well it works.

HarleyDangerous
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hey guys, sorry for the question on this, but what type of brush do you use to lightly scrub the wheels and where do you get one. I don't want to make the mistake of using too stiff or coarse of a brush and scratch the wheels all up.

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    just a wheel brush from any autoparts store.....Not a tire brush....

the chrome cleaner literally rips that crap off the wheela nd you wont have to do any scrubbing...more like light wiping with a wheel brush.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bgstew6 View Post
    just a wheel brush from any autoparts store.....Not a tire brush....

the chrome cleaner literally rips that crap off the wheela nd you wont have to do any scrubbing...more like light wiping with a wheel brush.
    i actually used an older whool car wash mitt when I do mine

HarleyDangerous
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I would just like to say a big thank you to everyone in this thread who gave me tips, especially the Eagle One, for getting my wheels clean. I bought my rims last summer and to make up for the cost, I sold my original HD wheels. Since I didn't have another set, I had to run my 22"s all winter. Needless to say it was probably the worst winter I've lived through in regards to snow. Snow=a lot of salt! After it finally started to warm up, I washed my truck, but my rims would not come clean. They were nasty, looked really dull, and almost had the appearance of rust. I tried Armor All and microfiber towels and everything I could think of. I finally broke down and bought some 0000 steel wool and said what the hell, they can't look any worse. After testing a small spot on one of the spokes, I went for it. After breaking up all of the grime and nastiness, I used the Eagle One chrome wheel cleaner and rinsed it off. AMAZING!!! I wish I took pictures of before because the difference is night and day! Thank you all for saving me $2400 on a new set of rims!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2