Thread: 5.4L - 4.6L swap

Name: Mike

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

5.4L - 4.6L swap

Has anyone out there done or heard of anyone who swpped out the 5.4L for a 4.6L Cobra engine in a Harley F-150?

shenanigans
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    IMO i dont think it would be worth it to do. with all the time and money it would be alot more effecient to just slap an eaton or kenny bell on the n/a 5.4.

Supercharged '01
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    IMO, I think you are better off purchasing a built 5.4. In time, you may even be able to get one out of a GT500 with 4v heads. Those cars are selling like hotcakes and I am sure there will inevitably be a few somewhere that are parted out soon. I wouldn't waste my money on a smaller 4.6L engine.

Name: Mike

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

5.4l - 4.6l Swap

I think you are right. I was asking because someone asked me have I heard anyone who has done it. To be honest I am satisfied with my 5.4L. I have been driving it daily and with it producing 14lbs boost it is fun too.

Quote Originally Posted by cpharley
    IMO, I think you are better off purchasing a built 5.4. In time, you may even be able to get one out of a GT500 with 4v heads. Those cars are selling like hotcakes and I am sure there will inevitably be a few somewhere that are parted out soon. I wouldn't waste my money on a smaller 4.6L engine.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    IMO don't bother with the 4.6................. I know of a guy who is selling the 5.4L DOHC Navi motors for around $2000 or so. Now THAT would be worth the time and effort. Put about 5 lbs to it and see what happens...................
    If any interest:
    http://www.modularfords.com/forums/m...tor-62771.html
    Last edited by CONMECH; 10-14-2006 at 11:04 AM.
    2003 HARLEY DAVIDSON F-150 #2888 (Black) of 10,047. Born on 1/23/03.
    Formerly "100th#2888"

Dual Magnaflows w/ X, HID headlights, LED rear, L 3rd, Line of Fire, Roush fogs, Eibach 1" front drop, 2" Bell Tech rear drop, "L" spec Bilsteins at all 4, Ported and Polished throttle body, Custom polished stock upper, Volant intake, METCO Idler pulleys, Innovations ProSport. TRADED IN ON 6/3/08. Fun while the ride lasted. U.S. NAVY SEABEES RETIRED.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The 4.6 doesnt have enough tq to get these pigs off the line as well as the 5.4.