Thread: Windscreen broken

we're Flyin
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Angry Windscreen broken

Just noticed that my front Windscreen has got cracked sometime today, about a 5 inch crack just by the passenger wiper. Never heard anything hit but must have been a stone or something.

Has anyone in the UK ever had to replace a screen or have any idea on the best way of getting a new one. My current screen is the proper HD screen with the Ford/HD emblem in the bottom middle and the black HD emblems round the outside edge. The screen is tinted and also has a blue sun strip tint across the top. It is for a 2003 two tone.

Can anyone help??

4Sale in the classifieds
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I would have no idea where to get one, but fyi I have had 2 replaced in Fla. for NO charge to me!! Check with your insurance co. and see if they will replace for free since the crack is in you view, or near it at least.

In Fla. it IS state law that insurance has to replace with proper windshield if damaged with no deductable or increase to you.

Over The Pond
    Name:

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
    Ian. Chill out man.

Have you tried these guys in Cambridge?
    They are listing a screen for 295 quid on ebay.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/CHEYENNE-PRODUCTS-AND-SERVICES

BTW, you now owe me and KevF

we're Flyin
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks Adam

Already tried Rob at Cheyenne, his screens are only standard F150 plain screens, so will only put that on as a last resort. Have found a kosher Harley screen from Euro screens, they can deliver it within the week but the cost is a lot more, still if I really worried about the money I would drive a Fiesta, god what a horrible thought.

Thanks for your help, if we ever manage to get everyone together for a meet I will buy you both a large Beer, hopefully a proper Northern beer.

Cheers guys

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I've always used Peter Jones - 07836 208478
    (He always has an ad in the back of Classic & American)

On The Wrong East Coast
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ian,

Mate I feel your pain. Had the screen go on my harley.

Check thread...http://www.nhtoc.com/vbforum/showthread.php?t=13743

Once they got the right code number, no problems. Exact replacement including the Halrey/Ford logos too.

Kev

we're Flyin
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks Kev, going thru the same route as you, RAC Autowindscreens say they have found a proper Harley screen with correct tint and all logos. Just waiting for it to arrive now, about 5-7 days. Will be checking it out though before they fit it, I'm not having any old rubbish fitted.

I also found a company that would ship me one over from USA but cost still about the same and takes longer, but good to know we can get them relatively easy.

On The Wrong East Coast
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ian,

Autoglass told me they had the right scren first until it arrived. It was a standard F150 one. Did you get them the correct model number etc.

Fingers crossed if not try the guy who advertises in Classic American- Peter Jones as mentioned above.

Kev

we're Flyin
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    No, didn't know the part number but they swear blind they have the correct one and have described it as having the logos round the edge and the central Ford/HD logo, plus they told me the tint colour so hopefully it will be right. If it aint, it aint goin on and I will then contact this other chap. Fortunately at this time of year the truck don't come out of its garage much so not too bad if it takes a while to get the right screen, plus as the garage is heated they can do the job here at home so I can keep a close watch on what they are doing

Ben-hur
    Name:

My screen smashed and I used Peter Jones, he always has in stock at least 3 Harley Screens, he will work with your insurance company as well. Your right to insist on a Harley screen as it has the correct logo and tint on it.

Comes out to your home and is really quick and efficient, beware he likes to start early, I think he was at my home for 7

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    We needed a new screen in ours before we collected it from the dealers, they got one using the VIN number through autoglass, took 3 weeks and cost the dealer £1,050 (me thinks they were ripped off) but once it arrive it was the correct one and it didn't cost me owt so I'm not complaining.
    Kerry (& Mark)

The cars: 00 Skoda Fabia. Mine: 03 F150 HD 2 tone
    The bikes: Mine - 03 Yamaha XJR1300 & 02 Yamaha FJR1300. His - 89 Yamaha FJ1200 & 01 Yamaha FJR1300.