Thread: WTB: PCM and Harnesses

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

WTB: PCM and Harnesses

alright i have a 2000 F150 extended cab that i put a lightning top end on. I then sufficiently blew the transmission. I am looking at getting a 4r100 transmission and i am told that i need a new PCM to actually make it shift. Also i am told that there is another harness that i need that hooks it all up and there is a transmission harness. I would be looking for both of those also. If you have any of the parts available PLEASE let me know as early as possible as i would like to finish this project.

- Lightning PCM
    - Transmission wire harness
    - Engine Bay wire Harness.

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    we were just talking the otherr night...did you just blow it up...?

ENgine Bay wiring Harness??? For what....you have one

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    No its not completely done yet... However i want to start accumulating parts so that when it does i am ready to go with the transfer. Also i have decided to undertake the big project and to just do the 4r100 swap... Who says a bigger and better motor is not down the line for me somewhere and when it comes i want to be ready.

Austin

Supercharged '01
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    This may or may not affect you, but I just wanted to give you something to think about. You may need a custom driveshaft if you go with the 4r100. Your stock DS may be too long if you are switching from a 4R70W. I don't know for sure as I never needed to do a tranny swap. Just thought I would give you a heads up just in case.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    no i know i what i will need lol. But thank you so much for your consideration. I have talked to mike at mad enterprise about this conversion and i have a good understanding of all the things that i will need.

-new computer and harness
    -new crossmember
    -new driveshaft
    -new transmission wire harness
    - new flexplate

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    IMO i'd go with a built 4R70W. you'll save a good amount of money and with a proper tranny buildup it'll be just as strong if not stronger than a stock 4R100.

been there...done that...could have saved some dough if i went that route lol

and yep, you'll need the computer (300+), crossmember (60+),tranny harness (100+), driveshaft (500-900+), flexplate (50-100?), plus the tranny & torque converter. not sure if you'll need a new main engine bay harness, but if you do, that sucker goes for 500+, and if you do the L engine bay harness for the top end swap, you'll need the left side harness for the dual fuel pumps, and that costs 200+, then the dual fuel pump assembly from ford is around 300 bucks, and might as well upgrade to 255 LPH Walbro pumps while you're in there which is close to 200 bucks for twin walbro's and a SS Y fitting.

adds up QUICK! lol, IMO i'd go with a built 4R70W. can keep all your harnesses, driveshaft, flex plate, crossmember, computer, etc. then if you do the L top end swap, you can just get the parts for that and your N/A computer can still be tuned for it.

so unless you want to go 100% OEM type setup and shell out a good amount of money, i'd go the other route.

Madenterprise is definately the one to deal with on any of the stuff! he's helped me out on a TON of parts and info to do my buildup

I do have one part you'll need if you do the 4R100 swap, i've got a tranny harness I can sell you for cheap. just lemme know

any questions feel free to hit me up

SVT Cajun
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley#356
    IMO i'd go with a built 4R70W. you'll save a good amount of money and with a proper tranny buildup it'll be just as strong if not stronger than a stock 4R100.
    I agree, I'm pushing my 4r70W with 400+rwhp 475ftlbs turning 38X15.50R20s for 40K+ miles and she's ticking fine. And I know there is more that could be done because it was a local rebuild with a few upgrades I researched before the MB came out.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    ok i have been talking to mike and he has instructed me to the things that i will need. Here is the only thing i ccan get the 4r100 tranny with FTVB and only 15,000 miles for $600. I found a lighting pcm off of an auction site and swooped it up for like 50+shipping. Getting a steel driveshaft for 150. I have definetly been doing my shopping and research. I might take you up on that tranny harness. Yes i will need a new flexplate and an engine bay harness. I have already done the top end swap. Mike and i have talked about this and i understand the amount of work but it will be a project that slowly comes together.

Austin

P.S. I dont know of anny performance/Transmission places that i trust to rebuild my transmission and actually do a good job..

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    there goes my back again!!! LOL

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    LOL sorry bud i think that i will need some help but i am getting all the big stuff hopefully done by a shop. That way it doesnt kill both of us and they have the proper tools and machines. I think i will let them do tha majority of the hard labor. We will just have to do PCM and wiring stuff. At least i hope this is how it will work out, dont want to kill ya again. and i will TRIPLE CHECK to make sure i have everything the first time.

Austin

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    the tranny is a pretty easy swap. do yourself a favor though and hit up costco or something for a tranny jack. makes it a million times easier than trying to balance it on a couple floor jacks.

I pulled the 4R70W myself since its so tiny lol, then getting the 4R100 whale of a tranny up there me and tattoostuff were able to maneuver it into place without too many troubles.

PM me about the tranny harness and i'll dig it out for ya.

if you can get good prices on everything then you should be set to go, that'll be the toughest part of the swap, but looks like you've got it covered pretty well!

goodluck!