Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Project BLWNWGN update

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Heidt's Mustang ll front end

Here is a link to what the Mustang ll front suspension mod will look like:
    http://www.heidts.com/images/art5.pdf
    I know that it is being done to a Mustang. Where do you think the Falcons came from? Now that I have the welder, all I need is the time and alittle assistance. Hoping to start up in March or April.
    2003 HARLEY DAVIDSON F-150 #2888 (Black) of 10,047. Born on 1/23/03.
    Formerly "100th#2888"

Dual Magnaflows w/ X, HID headlights, LED rear, L 3rd, Line of Fire, Roush fogs, Eibach 1" front drop, 2" Bell Tech rear drop, "L" spec Bilsteins at all 4, Ported and Polished throttle body, Custom polished stock upper, Volant intake, METCO Idler pulleys, Innovations ProSport. TRADED IN ON 6/3/08. Fun while the ride lasted. U.S. NAVY SEABEES RETIRED.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 100TH #2888
    Planning and regrouping UPDATE :
    Had this in mind: A buddy of mine is interested in the Terminator DOHC 4.6L engine and if things work out, his current (550hp) DOHC 4.6L with Vortech S/C and air to air I/C might find itself resting in my old wagon . My buddy is going overseas in support of OIF and it will be over 1 year before his engine will be accessable. Not a ride for those with a weak ticker............More to follow.

Hopefully this will happen!
    Then this happened: Another buddy of mine from work just took delivery of a High Horsepower Roush "plug and play" set up for his Mustang. I asked him what he was going to do with the set up he has now (Stroker with Trick Flow heads (RACE) and intake. It dyno'd out at alittle over 600 HP with the help of a Vortech). Along with the engine I will be receiving his ECM, wiring harness, etc. less the Vortech (that's where Stew comes in) So, I think it looks like a Vortech blown pushrod stroker with 600+HP is going in WAY SOONER than the DOHC 4.6. Olde School it is (well, maybe some of it).Stay tuned. Pics of the engine will be posted soon.

My buddy with the Trick Flow stroker needed that. I hate people that talk, talk, talk and all of a sudden you realize that the talking was coming out the wrong end. Not to worry. I just locked in on a '69 351W with an FMX trans. The trans will probably get sold to help with the funds. The cool part is that I was able to use some of the parts that I was selling as a down.......... 50% DOWN! Anyone want to take a scientific wild azz guess on the total cost after the down? Got hooked up through the Falcon web sight that I check out occassionally. More to folow. Stay tuned.

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    LOL Think one fo the first things I asked ya bout was the damn floor pans...

eh well anyhoo....should not be that bad....I can give ya a hand on the welding to..adn we can hog tie Kev and haul his azz down there and make him earn his keep as well...

Quote Originally Posted by 100TH #2888
    Well it finally had to happen. With the car being 44 years old, I took a little look at the under side. It wasn't too hard to see the jagged metal hanging below the drivers side. YUP, floor boards (at minimum the drivers side alone) need replaced. Fortunatly, I have a source who has the drivers side for 75 bucks. Well, with the fore mentioned and the Mustang II conversion sitting in the garage collecting dust and no idea of who will do the install.................. I decided to pick up a 100 amp flux core welder. I have a welding back ground (not to the extent of Metalman) and recently went through a refresher course. This will be a slow process so it gets done correctly. I may even try doing some other stuff like custom roll cage, mini tubs, air ride set up, just to name a couple.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Slowly trying to get the show started. I need a MONEY TREE and QUICK!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'll take two money tree's as well please..........

4Sale in the classifieds
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Can I borrow a branch!!??

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Scored a supercharger for next to nothing.................All that is needed is to figure out which direction to go. HHHMMMMMMMMM S/C 5.4L (if it will fit) or 408 Windsor stroker with the S/C and injected. Got 5.4 Heads, COPs, L injectors (42 lb/hr)- ALL FREE!!! and other 5.4 stuff on standby (haven'y forgot ya jpanchalk)............. or build the 200 buck special (351W with FMX trans and headers) as a 408 STROKER. Currently taking in ideas for this situation at hand. BTW, No I won't turn away donations in the parts department
    Last edited by CONMECH; 06-25-2007 at 10:48 PM.

Name:

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I vote Windsor!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Will need a custom plate for the S/C to bolt onto an intake with the injectors plumbed in. The intake of choice might be the lower intake from a first gen L (351W based).

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Another SCORE!!!!!!! AOD from a '80's T-bird............ 70 bucks. I might be picking it up tomorrow.
    Last edited by CONMECH; 07-04-2007 at 11:09 PM.

Name: Dave

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Sweet!!!

Nice to see progress being made.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 100TH #2888 View Post
    Another SCORE!!!!!!! AOD from a '80's T-bird............ 70 bucks. I might be picking it up tomorrow.
    Check that.....................50 bucks.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    AOD,,,,Lentech will be your friend.My 91 LX had one that took a dump(lost od),and I came to believe Len Bertrand(?) has his shyt together.I sold the car before I got the tranny fixed,,,,but check them out.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by '02HD#3982 View Post
    AOD,,,,Lentech will be your friend.My 91 LX had one that took a dump(lost od),and I came to believe Len Bertrand(?) has his shyt together.I sold the car before I got the tranny fixed,,,,but check them out.
    Thanx. I have a couple of ideas for the AOD.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    What? Another DEAL???!!! Yup, Large bearing 9" housing out of an Econoline for how much? 40 BONES!! Same guy that is holding the 200 dollar deal 351W, FMX trans and headers. GOTTA LOVE GARAGE SALES!

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast