Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 15" Sub box

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade09
    Last question, can you accurately tune the box if someone wanted it ported? I am curious how you would port the enclosure and tune that port. Thanks man.
    It depends on the type of sub and the air space needed. Building custom box's and tuning them perfectly is very hard. I can usually can get them about 95% tuned properly. A square or rectangle box is easy to tune perfect but does not look great or custom. Let me know if you got more questions.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    There doesn't appear to be enough air space to run any of the higher end 15's. How tall are you going to have to make the box to actually get it up around 4-5ft cubed?
    The 15" box that I have for sale is 2cuft sealed which great for the MTX 9500 15". That runs at 1000w RMS. What sub are you looking at that take 4-5 cuft Sealed?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 01_HD_F-150
    The 15" box that I have for sale is 2cuft sealed which great for the MTX 9500 15". That runs at 1000w RMS. What sub are you looking at that take 4-5 cuft Sealed?
    I have an Fi BTL being made and I wouldn't really consider putting it in a sealed box. Mainly looking for a ported enclosure.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have an Fi BTL being made and I wouldn't really consider putting it in a sealed box. Mainly looking for a ported enclosure.
    I never heard of FI BTL. I saw the clips on YOU TUBE but I could not find a site for them or that has the tech data on them. Can you give me a webb site?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

And then there was 1
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    wow...are those worth the price????

so 1 12 needs 1.75-3 cubed ft of space....and they can only be ported...good lord..you would need to take out both back seats to get 2 of em in there...lol
    Last edited by 03hdsc; 05-09-2007 at 02:34 PM.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If you haven't heard any, you are missing out. Everyone says that JL W7 series is that perfect blend between SQ and SPL. The BL's are the real king of that. The BTL's lose a little SQ, but they will honestly hurt you. On BTL 15 in a properly sized and ported box will outperform two 13W7's all day. They really are that good. I have heard them from 12" to 18" and they all just freaking amaze you when you hear them. Fi Dominated Daytona this year.

And then there was 1
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    sweet but pricey....what would a box have to look like to fit 2 of them in it???

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Most of the guys running two 12's are putting them in about 5 cubic feet, ported. One guy in Daytona did 149.7 with two 12's. As a reference, I have two type R 15's in my tahoe doing 143. His was very clear at appropriate volume as well. When he wanted to burp it, it was nuts. He had a Memphis 4Kw on each sub.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3