Thread: When it rains it pours...

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

When it rains it pours...

Funny story to tell. I finally found my engine that i am going to replace my current one with (thanks stew and MSX). Just then i was washing the car today.

When i got in and wanted a little bit of music while i was cleaning the inside. I turned the key to te ACC and all of a sudden the music doesnt start. I look at the head unit and it dosnt pop out as it usually does, and it does nto display anything on screen. I turn it off and then i try again, still nothing....

I called pioneer and they guided me through resetting the unit. Which did absolutely nothing except now whenever the radio is on it beeps every 10 seconds. So then i am on the phone with them and tell them that it doesnt work and they want me to send it back to them for repair and that it will take 2.5 weeks to get it back. I am okay with this part but here is the kicker, I am out of the warranty period by 19 days, so its gonna be $350 to get the sucker fixed.

Whatever.. what are you gonna do it is my passion and there is nothing i can do but pay the money.

Austin

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Crap.

Another member of the BOC
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Damn sorry to hear that Deviant. Hope eveything gets better for you.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    man this is just one of those weeks when you have to take a step back and just realize that **** happens...

There is nothing i can do but get bigger and betterr parts so i hope that it all works the way that i want it to... I have head units in the garage put one of those in and save up to get a pioneer Z1.

Thanks again for all the support guys, have to ffigure out how i am gonna get to turlock CA with this truck.

Austin

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If I had a tow hitch and a trailer it woudl be done...

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    aww dude i SOOO appreciate the offer. YOu have already done so much and i hope you know exactly how much it is appreciated and how much all of the crappers appreciate the work that you do. I am going to see if i cant drive it up there (stupid idea i know but it is looking like my best option here). I am afraid that driving with no music will however drive me insane, lol.

shenanigans
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    that sucks man, i know how you feel though, my clarion wouldnt play CDs at all so i had to ride around with no head unit for a month. plenty of quiet time to reflect on life though, lol