Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: How Bout them Gators!!!

Rumblin Bumblin Stumblin
    Name:

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
    There is no way OSU is gonna run away with it, playing against the Gator D!

shadyharley
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jmarvolous
    There is no way OSU is gonna run away with it, playing against the Gator D!
    +1

shenanigans
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    yeah the gators defense is alot better than most people think.....

Another member of the BOC
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sounds like it will be a great game.

jotay21
    Name:

The Gator D isn't as good as the UM D and OSU put up over 40 against UM. I am honestly thinking that OSU will win going away with it. OSU 38, UF 13.

Supercharged '01
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I was kind of disappointed in this years BCS results. Florida definitely deserves a shot with their strength of schedule, but I think Michigan kind of got the shaft this year. Losing by only 3 points on OSU's turf deserves a rematch IMO. I would say the same thing if OSU lost by 3 at Michigan. Sagarin ratings give home teams a 3 point edge. So, in retrospect that game could be considered a tie. Also, considering the Big 10 does not have a Championship game, Michigan has been sitting idle at #2 for a couple weeks. I watched the Florida game this weekend, and that game could have gone either way if ****** mistakes were not made. Florida played a solid schedule though and definitely deserve the nod.

It just makes me feel stronger that there needs to be a 8 or 12 team (top 4 teams get a 1st round bye) Playoff. I say incorporate the playoff system into the 6 or 8 most popular bowl games. That way the bowl people get what they want and there can still be a playoff system.

shenanigans
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    stats from foxsports.com......

Matchup Wolverines Defense Gators Defense

Points/Game 14.6 (16) 13.5 (12)
    Rush Yards/Game 43.0 (1) 74.5 (10)
    Pass Yards/Game 211.1 (177) 194.3 (125)
    Total Yards/Game 254.1 (13) 268.8 (24)
    Third Down Pct. 26.9% (3) 33.9% (65)
    Fourth Down Pct. 36.8% (43) 35.3% (38)
    Sacks 42 (4) 22 (110)
    Sack Yards -325 (1) -159 (92)
    Rushing TDs 5 (2) 7 (13)
    Passing TDs 15 (118) 10 (37)
    Carries/Game 278 (2) 347 (25)
    Yards/Carry 1.9 (1) 2.8 (17)
    Completion Pct. 53.0% (224) 54.1% (67)
    Yards/Pass Attempt 5.7 (13) 5.7 (17)
    Pass Rating 106.8 (37) 100.3 (13)
    Avg. NCAA Football Ranking 29.8 30.2

The michigan defense isnt really that much better than the florida defense. they both have certain things they are better at but overall they are about the same (speaking defense)

like i said before both teams deserve to play ohio state, but this is what the bcs system does. it would be nice to have a +1 bowl available, that way florida could play michigan and the winner would then play ohio state.

the main thing is that no one wanted a rematch because it would prove nothing. plus how could someone who couldnt even win there own conference play for a championship? and they better not lose there bowl game against usc or they wont have a leg to stand on.
    Last edited by 01harleydude; 12-04-2006 at 03:09 PM.

jotay21
    Name:

Quote Originally Posted by 01harleydude
    the main thing is that no one wanted a rematch because it would prove nothing. plus how could someone who couldnt even win there own conference play for a championship? and they better not lose there bowl game against usc or they wont have a leg to stand on.
    It isn't for people to decide. This is not supposed to be a popularity contest, it is a game to decide the best team in the nation in College football and regardless of how you want to look at it, Michigan is one of the top two teams in College football. What is with the comment about the trojans? USC can play with any team in the country on any given night. Did you see what they did to the runner up of the SEC? How well did Florida play Arkansas? USC is argueably better than any team in the SEC. That conference is the most overhyped and overrated conference in NCAA. I guess we will see in the bowls this year how good they truly are.

shenanigans
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    and the pac 10 isnt overrated notre dame is definately overated too. and my point is michigan better beat usc, thats all.......michigan is one of the top THREE teams in the country.my point, no matter what 2 teams ever play is that you should have to win your conference to be able to play for a national championship, period.

and did you see usc lose to oregan state, i would say floridas loss to auburn was a "better" loss if there is such a thing, lol

florida might not win but it would be a shame for the sec to get shutout of a championship game again

again, what would it prove if michigan won the bowl game?

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Since I dislike the Gators i'll go with Ohio.
    JLP shortblock, Stage 3 heads and cams, 2.3 Whipple w/3" upper and 4# lower.Ba2800, Accufab, Pacesetter LT's, 60#inj, twin 255's, LFP efan, PI 2600 stall, Detroit Locker Tru-Trac, 58" LFP Tbars, Bilsteins all around, D.M.R. panhard, MT DR's. 564/598 on 15# boost

My other car is a GT500
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The SEC is the toughest conf., that why the Gators are even there.

Ohio State is Waaaaaaaaaaaay to slow to play with an SEC team.

Any SEC team is lucky to finish with only one loss.

Just my $.02....go ahead and hit me, guys

Outta Sight...
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    UF is a great team and should be in the title game...UM is also a great team and should be in the title game...the problem is that you cant have a 3-way..at least not in football I dont know what they need to do to fix it but its a dang shame that every year a team can get shut out based on the human element of the selection process (politicing anyone?) I mean you can go 12-0 in the SEC and STILL get shut out (did someone say Auburn?) Its just not right...Alot of people want a play off system...but you have to remember that these aren't pro athletes (although many will be in the NFL) they are college students firstly and as such they cant keep up with both athletic and academic commitments for another month or so to run a 16 team playoff...its a tough spot and I guess for the time being we will have to be satisfied or unsatisfied with what we have....

Name: Dave

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 01harleydude
    and the pac 10 isnt overrated notre dame is definately overated too. and my point is michigan better beat usc, thats all.......michigan is one of the top THREE teams in the country.my point, no matter what 2 teams ever play is that you should have to win your conference to be able to play for a national championship, period.

and did you see usc lose to oregan state, i would say floridas loss to auburn was a "better" loss if there is such a thing, lol

florida might not win but it would be a shame for the sec to get shutout of a championship game again

again, what would it prove if michigan won the bowl game?
    Im not gonna get into argument of who should be there because the BCS is the most God awful system in sports, but as for having to win your conference to play for a national title?

There is not one sport where you HAVE to win your conference to win "it all". That's what wild cards, at large bids, and rankings are for. What is wrong with college football? They have their own system of who plays who, with no playoffs??? How boring and subjective.

Rumblin Bumblin Stumblin
    Name:

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
    anyone on here from Glendale, im placing my ticket order tonight!

Supercharged '01
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LA_03HD
    The SEC is the toughest conf., that why the Gators are even there.

Ohio State is Waaaaaaaaaaaay to slow to play with an SEC team.
    Most other years I would agree with you, but this year my opinion is that the Big 10 is the toughest conference. Michigan, OSU, and Wisconsin are all ranked in the top 10 and barely miss all in top 5. Penn State was not as good as last year, but still a good team. They lost 4 games to all quality opponents in Mich, OSU, ND, and Wis. I know some will question the quality of ND this year with their fairly weak schedule and very few quality wins, but they are still considered a quality opponent just like USC. How Penn State is not in the top 25 I do not know.

OSU is definitely not too slow to play UF. They are still undefeated and have speed all over the field. They have a powerhouse offense that will put up big #s. Ted Ginn Jr. is extremely fast and will probably have a game-breaking play on special teams and on offense. No disrespect to UF, but I think OSU will win by at least 10 pts. My prediction OSU 35 - UF 20.

The good thing about OSU playing UF is that is gives me someone to root for. If they would have played Michigan I would have been impartial as I was in their last matchup. At least now I can pick sides and cheer on the Buckeyes.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast