Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: How Bout them Gators!!!

Anyone not in the SEC!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Only a person that hasn't watched college football at all this year would say that Ohio State is slow. They used the same argument 4 years ago when OSU stopped a very potent Miami team with some damn fine NFL talent of Dorsey, McGahee, Winslow, etc.... with their SLOW team.

Even though I bleed scarlet and gray, I think the game will be a lot closer than what most people think.

Tressel with have OSU ready to play, as will Meyer.

shenanigans
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sdharley03
    Im not gonna get into argument of who should be there because the BCS is the most God awful system in sports, but as for having to win your conference to play for a national title?

There is not one sport where you HAVE to win your conference to win "it all". That's what wild cards, at large bids, and rankings are for. What is wrong with college football? They have their own system of who plays who, with no playoffs??? How boring and subjective.
    well in this sport where the ISNT a playoff or a +1 game IMO if you have two teams with the same record from 2 different major conferences, the tie should go to who actually won there conference.

again, what would it prove if michigan won the bowl game?

Supercharged '01
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 01harleydude
    again, what would it prove if michigan won the bowl game?
    A lot of people have asked this question. To me it would prove who truly is the better team on a neutral field. The only problem I have with Michigan not being there is that they lost a close game in the Horseshoe. The Horseshoe is one of the toughest places to play. UM is a tough place to play on the road too, and I think the only fair way to say OSU is better is by playing on a neutral field. I heard some sports writers on ESPN last night saying the game was a few plays away from being a 18-point blowout. IMO, it was also a few plays away from a UM win. You can't say a game was not as close as the final score indicated based off a couple missed plays.

Also, in promoting their cause Florida had to dog Michigan out to argue that they were the best team to be in the NC game. UM didn't say a word and just let the situation play out. They didn't retaliate to UF's negative remarks about their program. They are not complaining about the results and are just moving on. Considering the final result essentially came down to the human element of the vote, I have nothing but respect for that. Michigan is a stand up program and is probably the most deserving overall for playing in the NC game. All of that is over now. So, I will just be rooting for them when they play USC.

Rumblin Bumblin Stumblin
    Name:

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
    what did UF say that was negative about Michigan's Program?

If Michigan was supposed to play in the NC Game, all they had to do was win against OSU!

Supercharged '01
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I was not able to find the specific statments, but here is an article quoted below. I read the Urban Meyer says the statements were misconstrued.

You say all UM had to do is beat OSU like it is easy to win in the horseshoe, but I understand what you are getting at.

Florida coach Urban Meyer has become a target for people lashing out at the Bowl Championship Series outcome, and he can't understand why.

It's normal for a coach to plead his team's case to play for college football's national title. But Meyer's comments during the last several weeks have brought anger from Michigan officials and supporters after the Gators passed the Wolverines in the final BCS standings to earn a berth in the title game against Ohio State.

Wolverines coach Lloyd Carr was one of the first to take a shot at Meyer, even before the final standings were announced Sunday night. "I just think that based on some of the comments the Florida coach has made in the last two weeks, he has been campaigning strenuously for a berth in the championship game and making some statements about Michigan that I think were inappropriate," Carr said. "That certainly is going to stir a controversy, and who knows what that's going to lead to."

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    = (BCS - C)

Supercharged '01
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Rumblin Bumblin Stumblin
    Name:

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
    funny how, usc and michigan are back in it.

shenanigans
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    see, a playoff wouldnt be that hard!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Lightbulb Gator taste like chicken.

GATOR HATER!!!! Is there anyway both teams can lose????....and please Dear God make the Big 10 have a championship game...so we'll never have to hear all that crying ever again over a possible rematch snuffed..........i guess i'll pull for the SEC, but i'll close my eyes when they show Florida!!!! I think at least one game a year during regular season needs to be against another major conference team.kinda like inter-league play in baseball..and that way if we never see a playoff format which the SEC would totally dominant, the SEC could at least knock a couple of other conference teams off their high horses!!! My .02!

And here's a question i need answered, and please anyone that thinks they know....Why should the team the loses a Championship Game drop in the rankings...i.e. Florida vs. Arkansas..Gators won then arkansas dropped below not 1 but 2 teams they beat to win the SEC West ( Auburn & LSU). If you have a Championship Game don't drop the team that loses below the teams they beat to win the conference...that's just stupid...in that case Arkansas would have been better off coming in 2nd in the SEC West..

Go Dawgs!!
    Last edited by 2000harleylovr; 12-06-2006 at 06:11 PM.

Rumblin Bumblin Stumblin
    Name:

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
    it all depends on what bowl wants what team

jotay21
    Name:

Quote Originally Posted by 2000harleylovr
    the SEC could at least knock a couple of other conference teams off their high horses!!! My .02!

And here's a question i need answered, and please anyone that thinks they know....Why should the team the loses a Championship Game drop in the rankings...i.e. Florida vs. Arkansas..Gators won then arkansas dropped below not 1 but 2 teams they beat to win the SEC West ( Auburn & LSU). If you have a Championship Game don't drop the team that loses below the teams they beat to win the conference...that's just stupid...in that case Arkansas would have been better off coming in 2nd in the SEC West..

Go Dawgs!!

USC did that and as I recall, they dominated Arkansas. Something like 50-13. I don't know how convincing of a win you would want, but that is the only game this year that Arkansas took a beating like that. Also, Arkansas lost to LSU, so it makes complete sense that they fell beneath LSU in the rankings. Auburn is one of the most overrated teams in the country, and has been all year. You will see a very good example of that in their bowl game. I guess the thing I don't understand is why Michigan is not playing LSU. That would be a perfect bowl season. That would pit 4 big ten teams against 4 SEC teams. Arkansas vs Wisconsin, Florida vs Ohio State, Tennessee vs Penn St and then Michigan vs LSU. I would go out on a whim here and say that the only real shot the SEC would have is the Arkansas vs Wisconsin game. On a side note, LSU is the best team in the SEC and should be playing for the National championship if the SEC wants to send their best. Florida is going to get used like a two bit wh*** on payday.

Josh

Rumblin Bumblin Stumblin
    Name:

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
    well LSU should have beat florida if their the best..

jotay21
    Name:

Quote Originally Posted by jmarvolous
    well LSU should have beat florida if their the best..
    By that logic, you are saying that Auburn is a better team than Florida?

My other car is a GT500
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Florida WILL win.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast