Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: How Bout them Gators!!!

Supercharged '01
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LA_03HD
    Florida WILL win.
    The only reason I think there is a potential of that happening is because Florida is the underdog. There will be a lot of Gator and a lot of buckeye fans at the game, but I think the difference in crowd support will be with those who are impartial. Most people who have to decide which way to lean tend to cheer for the underdog. If Florida gets overwhelming crowd support as the underdog, they may pull off an upset. I still think the Buckeyes will win and since I am in Big 10 country that is obviously who I will be cheering for. That and the fact that I always root against Florida.

shenanigans
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    wasnt arkansas heisman nominated running back injured and didnt play when usc played them? i'm not sure, just asking...

Who Dat is
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    OSU beat UM back in that great Game in 2003. ANd they rightly deserved the title. If OSU plays like that against UF, it's over. I hope UF brings their A-game, cuz I want to see another great Championship team earn it.

jotay21
    Name:

Quote Originally Posted by 01harleydude
    wasnt arkansas heisman nominated running back injured and didnt play when usc played them? i'm not sure, just asking...
    McFadden was injured, but played in the game. Felix jones was healthy and USC shut him down as well. The real question isn't about Arkansas offense, it is mainly the question about the Arkansas defense. They are a good SEC defense when compared to other SEC teams and USC lit them up. OSU is going to do just that against Florida.

Rumblin Bumblin Stumblin
    Name:

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
    dont worry about the gators being ready!

shenanigans
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    round and round we go.........

Rumblin Bumblin Stumblin
    Name:

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
    it will keep going till the 8th!

shenanigans
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    personally i really dont care who wins i just want a good game......

Supercharged '01
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Just found this quote by Charlie Weis. He says almost the same thing I have been saying about the rematch issue.

Charlie Weis:

“All I know is that they (Michigan) came in and whooped us at home and I didn't play Florida. What more can I say? How can I vote against a team that just whooped me at home. It would be a tough one for me to say. I know about re-match and all that other stuff. Michigan goes into the Horseshoe and loses by three points on the road. Now you go to a neutral site, now tell me they wouldn't have a good chance of winning. I mean you would have to think they have a good chance of winning.”

Rumblin Bumblin Stumblin
    Name:

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
    to bad it doesent matter there charlie!

shenanigans
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    of course he got whooped, because he has a crappy team with a overhyped quaterback who doesnt play good in big games. i still cant beleive he is a finalist for the heisman.....they would have got whooped by florida too.

My other car is a GT500
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Smile

Michigan fans.

It's over.

You had your chance and you LOST!

Now STFU and watch a real team from a real conference play the "so called" best team.

OSU should never have been rated #1 from the beginning, where did that come from?

Let's see............ Notre Dame was rated number 1 at the beginning of the season......that shows you what rankings mean.

Hayes would be lucky to be an assistant to Steve Spurrier (in a real conference).
    Last edited by LA_03HD; 12-09-2006 at 05:47 PM.

Supercharged '01
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LA_03HD
    Michigan fans.

It's over.

You had your chance and you LOST!
    Who are you posting this to? I think I am really the only one who has defended Michigan's cause, but I am not a Michigan fan. LOL I actually do not really care they are not there. As I said earlier, I actually prefer it since it gives me someone to side with. It would be cool for me to see the Big 10 completely represented in the championship game, but my feelings are not hurt that Michigan is not playing. Gator fans, geez.

I live and breath College football. I am already anxious for next season to start and the bowl games are not even over yet. I am sure the NC will be a good game, but I have always felt that a tournament is the best option to determine the true National Champ. Good luck to the Gator faithful.

Supercharged '01
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 01harleydude
    of course he got whooped, because he has a crappy team with a overhyped quaterback
    Hmmm. Not really sure I can completely agree with that. Brady Quinn is a good QB and will be a good QB in the NFL in a few years. I don't think he was overhyped, I just think he didn't live up to his potential this season. I think he played better when no one paid any attention to him. He had lots of potential coming in to this season and just didn't perform consistently enough to rate him as one of the best.

I have been really down on ND football since they got rid of Willingham, but they have a lot of talent on their roster. They have at least as much talent as Miami and you saw what they did this season. Weis did an excellent job as an OC for the Patriots, but I am still not convinced he is any better HC than Willingham at this point. Who knows, maybe he needs better assistants.

The bad part about College football is if you have one mediocre season with a storied program, you are out. Look at Shula at bama. I still do not agree with his firing. That is probably why it is so hard for them to hire someone there right now. I am sure a lot of good coaches want the job, but they don't want their reputation ruined if they have one off season. It seems Bama will have to find someone who is good and seriously underpaid since a couple NFL coaches have passed. Too bad their efforts for Rich Rodriguez only resulted in him getting a serious raise from WV.

shenanigans
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i agree that quinn is a good qb, just not heisman material. it will be interesting to see how high they are ranked next year, i heard they were losing like 18 or 28 seniors?? notre dame is overhyped. them and cal are always ranked top five in the preseason polls, no matter how good they really are

alabama totally screwed themselves. i wouldnt want that job either. so many bigtime programs nowadays. its not like when bear bryant was around and therre were only 5 big time colleges. now look at all the teams who are winning. plus they have unrealistic expectations. it is very hard to win the sec championship. much less the whole thing. somebody has to lose.....

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast