Thread: 87' T-type Regal F/S

Gone Hunting
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

87' T-type Regal F/S

I love this car but I really want a Typhoon and moma want let me have both

1987 T-type Regal White w/burg interrior and astro roof plus digital gauge cluster. It's also got the W02 package which basicaly means a black out package. No, the bumbers being black is not part of the W02 package. All T-types came stock with chrome bumper...there seems to be a growing group of white T-type guys installing black bumbers. It's also got a set of some kinda aftermarket almuinum wheels...skinnys up front and something like 15 - 8's out back with MT DR's.

The car has ran 7.60's in the 1/8 in Denton Texas using the old Turbo at 18psi. It's got a TE44 turbo with about 2000 miles on it. The motor was rebuilt about 10,000 miles ago and the heads was p&p..plus a 208/208 cam installed. Currently the motor has a safe street chip and running 15psi.

MODS: TE44, Turbotweak chips ( street and race), K&N, rear air bags, MT DR's, 42lb injectors. FPR, unknown fuel pump upgrade, hotwire kit, scanmaster, Bost control, cut out, and a few other things.

The bad: The bumper fillers are shot. I have the fronts but they need painting and installed. I also got a new front air damn to go with it since the old one is scratched up. The drivers seat has a small burn hole but most of the interrior after that is really decent. I'm pretty sure the gear box may need rebuilt but not a 100% sure. It's got a Stage rite trans brake and that maybe the corprate. It will not go into first gear period...so it's slow to take off. Once It's around 15mph everything shifts fine. I was going to rebuilt the gear box either way.

The car also devaloped a short and is currently being fixed. While it's in the shop I having them install new battery cables and window motors...all of which I bought from Kirbans. Thats about 300.00 bux in parts alone. I believe the short is an A/C related issue that was caused by water getting in the compressor some how while I had a quick lube place flush the radiator. Anyhow, with any luck the A/C will be up and runnig again.

I have a small collection of parts ordered from Kirbans and other places I would be welling to let go with the car if the price is met. This includes, the water juges for under the hood. A chrome turbo heat shield w/ Power 6 logo(260.00). Vaccum brake booster w/MC.( the stock brakes work great but I don't trust the Powermaster system and thus was going to convert it to vaccum). New radiator cap and over flow cap. An RJC power plate...this evens out the air flow in the intakes and will allow up to 17psi of boost on pump gas and no Alky in some cases. These are all new parts still in the box. I also got some used parts like the torque rods for the trunk so you don't have to use a stick and a seat belt retractor for the drivers side thats broke.

My goal was to make the car clean 8)

My asking price is 7500.00 o.b.o

The low end of the NADA book as it listed around 7500.00 and around 19k on the high side. So you can pretty much get your money back if you deside to restore the car.

I'll post a picture shortly and will email more if requested.

Thanks
    Ray

PS, I'm pretty positive there is no rust at all!! I'll take some up close pictures of the quaters and doors next week.

factory installed sun roof ( GM calls it Astro roof)

Last edited by Pro-Hawk; 12-24-2006 at 02:03 PM.

Gone Hunting
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Just wanted to add a few pictures of stuff that goes with the car as well as add some other pictures in the above post.

If you look closely at this first picture, you will see it's missing the trunk rods that hold te truck open..thus the stick. You will also notice the trunk divider ( carpet between trunk and back seat) looks liek a rat got hold of it. Plus there is no "X" braces etc.

here is a picture of the trunk rods, "X" brace, and trunk divider...everything new except trunk rods. I would have to check my invoce but I think the "X" brace is 80.00 bux and 30.00 for the divider.

Power plate , seat belt hangers, and under the hood braces.

Stock battery hold down and bumper filler to replace the passenger side thats pretty shot.

new air dams...the old ones have some white over spray and the passenger side got scrapted petty good. Anyhow, that should have the front end looking sharp for sure.

The brakes work fine but I hate the Power master. I was going to go the Hydro rote but at the last minute swaped over to vaccum. The boost and M/C are BRAND new, not junk yard parts. They run around 500.00 through Kirban and I have the envoice for it.

Gone Hunting
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I've had a few people pm/emailing about the quaters and door jams...plus option tag. So I went and took a few pictures...

both door strikers have small stress cracks. I was going to order some plates from Kirbans to help with this problem but I never got around to it.

the quaters have rubber sprayed on them but there is no rust.

I replaced this whole pice around the shifter counsol...I added the T-type logo and a personal messg just under it. You should be able to replace it for next to nothing...depending on if you leave it blank or add something like I did.

Gone Hunting
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    bump

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    wow.... wish u were closer to florida! free bump for a clean car..

Gone Hunting
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 03blkharley
    wow.... wish u were closer to florida! free bump for a clean car..
    Thanks

I Actually got a person who's serious about the car in Orlando, Fl.

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    IMO, you really need to clean her up! ... get that chit off the quarters! It reinforces the notion of "white trash"!

Name: Daniel

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Damm just sold my Typhoon. I stayed with my 87.

Gone Hunting
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by '02 H-D #677
    IMO, you really need to clean her up! ... get that chit off the quarters! It reinforces the notion of "white trash"!

I'm sorry to reply so late but I forgot about this thread.

The car is no longer for sale. As for the above remark...I'm sure you mean well but I could stand to do with out it.

Quote Originally Posted by 87national
    Damm just sold my Typhoon. I stayed with my 87.

It was a hard choice but I desided to keep the Regal. So I ordered a new transmession which should be here Monday. Now I'm looking for some GTA wheels. I have a friend who is going to widen the rears and powder coat the centers white. I'll post a picture later on what the car will look like...

Name: Daniel

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    good choice you won't regret at least i didn't.

Gone Hunting
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yes sir, I think I made a wise choice.

I've always been a Gbody guy as well as a GN fan. Anyhow, I'm hoping to have it close to looking good by this Summer. If anyone has some GTA wheels they really want to sale, let me know