Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Bell Tech Spindles

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    sweet! goodluck with the modding adventures!

cant wait to see some pics

Truckless........for now.
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Got them put on tonight after work. Took about 3 hours. Looks great. Just have 2" shackles in back and I like the amount of rake. It had a TON of toe out, had to screw the tie rod adjusters in 4 1/2 turns on each side to get it looking half way close. Now off to the alignment shop as soon as I can.

Name: Dave

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Congrats! Post up some pics when you get a chance.

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Can't wait! How's it goin'? Done yet?! LoL! Pics! Pics!

OK, I am anxious to hear! I have always had 22’s on my truck (1st was JJ .357’s and then Millani 554’s) with HUGE 305/45 Proxes. I didn’t experience any rubbing issues (even over speed bumps) at stock height in front with those big-arse tires. Then again, my second mod to the truck (after rear sway) was L-Spec Bilsteins. I did recognize slight inside/sidewall rub on front leading-edge of lower control arms when turning lock-to-lock. I have 2” Belltech in back … no problem. I subsequently went back to stock wheels with 295/45 Proxes last spring. I want to take the truck to only a 2-4 so that I might continue to occasionally pull my boat. Hence, I am thinking Belltech 2” spindles will do it in front and JLP 2-3-4 with an additional 2* shim-up and bump-stop-down in rear might get me close to even. I am also thinking helper-bags, for when needed. I have an EZ-Lift/Anti-Sway hitch set-up, as well. So what do you all think?

Also remember, TVS is no longer available.
    Last edited by '02 H-D #677; 02-21-2007 at 05:16 AM.

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    sounds like a good setup for what you have in mind lee. i think helper bags would be a must if you plan on towing to keep the ride smooth and not bottoming out with the 2-3-4 shackles and a boat slung off the hitch

now...y2k, its been like 12 hours already...where' the pics bro!? LoL!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    All right settle down Josh. My friend's dad passed away and his funeral was this morning. But after lunch I managed to snap a couple of pics. This is with the 2" spindles in front and 2" shackles in back. It has the rake I was looking for.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by y2k_harley; 02-21-2007 at 02:55 PM.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    2K Harley and any other spindle drop folks,
    What is the actual distance (clearance) between the top of your tire and the outer lip of the fender? (Y2K, You are on OEM wheels & stock size tires correct?)
    I'm considering the drop spindles,... but do not want any rubbing issues. I'm running 22" Foose Spank 5's with 285/35/22's X 10" (OEM diameter / circumference) but at ~ 1" wider. My front tire sticks out & is actually under the fender flare (pic below) so any drop will have to have sufficient clearance for any upward wheel / tire action. I do have 1" Belltech 1100# drop coils in the front, but I would go back to the OEM coils if I put the spindles on. The Belltech coils only netted me 1/2" drop with the OEM coil isolator installed. Assuming an OEM 18" drop reference (I'm currently @ 17-1/2"), if I dropped 2" with the spindles, I believe I'd have 3/4"" of vertical upward movement before the rubbing would begin. The following pic's show where I'm currently at. Soooo,... Is 3/4" adequate clearance to not have any rubbing issues? I guess I could pull the rubber spring isolator from what I currently have & get another 1/2" - 3/4" for a full 1" to
    1-/14" drop. This would give me about 1-1/2"vertical movement clearance. What are your thoughts? TIA. BBU
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Blu Buy U; 02-21-2007 at 11:23 PM.

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    belltech makes a 1100 lb coil now? IIRC their spring rate was around 700 something between the 600 something stocker and 800 something hotchkis coils

one thing to remember is Y2K's truck doesnt have fender flares. that gives us 00-01 guys about 3/4" more fender clearance for tires.

Y2K, truck looks great man! LOVE the rake! i go through phases. want a rake, then figure what the heck drop the back even more to match sorry to hear about your buddy's dad though!

trucks looking better than ever

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It is right at 17" from the center of the wheel to the fender lip. And yes, that is without fender flares. There is 2" from the tire to the fender with the stock 275/45 20's. This clearance has me alittle concerned, guess I will just have to be a bit more careful on dips and bumps. That and I will look into some better shocks.

Josh, I have to have some rake. Guess it comes from my younger days when we all "jacked up"our cars. God you had to love the 80's. Had a 78 Thunderbird that had the back bumper half way up the grill of a friend's 89 F150. Ask me how I knew. Hehehe!!! Had about 6" of clearance over 275/60-15.
    Last edited by y2k_harley; 02-22-2007 at 01:05 PM.

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    you're plenty fine with 2" clearance. the wheel will tuck in when you hit bumps from the arc motion the suspension travels in anyway, so if you rub, it'll be inside the wheel well, and not the outter fender itself.

i've got about 1/2" to 3/4" clearance up front with my ruslow 1000 lb coils with 1/2 coil cut for 3" front drop, and even with wider 295/45 tires, the truck never rubs hitting bumps traveling forward. its only when the wheels are turned pretty far and i hit a bump like a driveway or something that it will rub the edge of the fender well

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley#356
    belltech makes a 1100 lb coil now? IIRC their spring rate was around 700 something between the 600 something stocker and 800 something hotchkis coils

one thing to remember is Y2K's truck doesnt have fender flares. that gives us 00-01 guys about 3/4" more fender clearance for tires.

Y2K, truck looks great man! LOVE the rake! i go through phases. want a rake, then figure what the heck drop the back even more to match sorry to hear about your buddy's dad though!

trucks looking better than ever
    I posted 1100# spring rate based on research Rob W did and posted results here: http://www.nhtoc.com/vbforum/showthr...ht=Rob+W+coils I have the BT 4803's (1"). I personally did not check with Belltech on the spring rates. I'm trusting the accuracy of what Rob W posted a while back. Actually I see he did a later edit and said they were 1,000#.
    I do agree with him that the spring rates are much firmer that stock,.... what ever they are. Thanks for the feedback Josh.
    Last edited by Blu Buy U; 02-22-2007 at 11:53 PM.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by y2k_harley
    It is right at 17" from the center of the wheel to the fender lip. And yes, that is without fender flares. There is 2" from the tire to the fender with the stock 275/45 20's. This clearance has me alittle concerned, guess I will just have to be a bit more careful on dips and bumps. That and I will look into some better shocks.

Josh, I have to have some rake. Guess it comes from my younger days when we all "jacked up"our cars. God you had to love the 80's. Had a 78 Thunderbird that had the back bumper half way up the grill of a friend's 89 F150. Ask me how I knew. Hehehe!!! Had about 6" of clearance over 275/60-15.
    Thanks for the relpy Y2K!

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blu Buy U
    I posted 1100# spring rate based on research Rob W did and posted results here: http://www.nhtoc.com/vbforum/showthr...ht=Rob+W+coils I have the BT 4803's (1"). I personally did not check with Belltech on the spring rates. I'm trusting the accuracy of what Rob W posted a while back. Actually I see he did a later edit and said they were 1,000#.
    I do agree with him that the spring rates are much firmer that stock,.... what ever they are. Thanks for the feedback Josh.
    i'll have to do a little searching on NLOC for that. i could have sworn belltech's were a lower spring rate than hotchkis

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Got the truck aligned today. When I told them that it had been lowered they weren't real excited about working on it, but when I picked it up they said it was a piece of cake to align. They said that the other ones they worked on had used coil springs and were a real pain to get right.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3