Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New Owner, New Poster

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It's Sandy Springs again,,all O'fish'L like now!

NHTOC Paid Member
    Name: HOTSANDRAIL

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Last edited by HOTSANDRAIL; 01-07-2010 at 02:28 PM.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Okie doke, a little update....

Dad and I got under the truck and measured the lower pulley...it's about 9.67 inches OD. The upper pulley is stock.

Did I do the math correctly? I came up with 15.2 lbs of boost, approximately. What do yall get?

I know now that the truck has Flowmaster pipes, has been tuned with the Diablo Predator, and has the K&N cold air intake. I don't know, however, if it has had injectors changed, maf mods, etc.

I talked to the previous owner today, and he said he drove the truck "aggressively" enough to toast a few folks on the streets, while putting 10k miles on the truck. I also know that I've had it floored to 90mph on the Interstate, and goosed plenty around the boondocks here with no problems.

So how am I looking, safety-wise? It seems absolutley fine now, and seems like it was absolutely fine before I bought it. I know, though, that it only takes one run with bad luck to change all of that.

Opinions?

---Hunkerdown

PS: Get this; after signing the contract, giving the dealer a down payment, trading my truck in, and driving the Harley home, the dealer calls back and says they made a mistake on the paperwork. Turns out they were right; they gave us a $2000 rebate on the contract by mistake. The monthly payment is still exactly what we agreed upon, though. Do they have a leg to stand on at all when they ask me to come in and sign a new contract with the 2 grand added back in?? The contract was signed by both parties.

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    hunker get rid of the dollar sign from your post it is getting picked up by the filter and sending it to the admin forum

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Doh! I don't know how to recall the post now; I'm not seeing it, and I figured I would find a copy of it in my profile somewhere.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    just go back with your browser

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I can't now, unfortunately. I closed that browser session and came back. Can you email me the text? lol

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally Posted by Hunkerdown
    Okie doke, a little update....

Dad and I got under the truck and measured the lower pulley...it's about 9.67 inches OD. The upper pulley is stock.

Did I do the math correctly? I came up with 15.2 lbs of boost, approximately. What do yall get?

I know now that the truck has Flowmaster pipes, has been tuned with the Diablo Predator, and has the K&N cold air intake. I don't know, however, if it has had injectors changed, maf mods, etc.

I talked to the previous owner today, and he said he drove the truck "aggressively" enough to toast a few folks on the streets, while putting 10k miles on the truck. I also know that I've had it floored to 90mph on the Interstate, and goosed plenty around the boondocks here with no problems.

So how am I looking, safety-wise? It seems absolutley fine now, and seems like it was absolutely fine before I bought it. I know, though, that it only takes one run with bad luck to change all of that.

Opinions?

---Hunkerdown

PS: Get this; after signing the contract, giving the dealer a down payment, trading my truck in, and driving the Harley home, the dealer calls back and says they made a mistake on the paperwork. Turns out they were right; they gave us a $2000 rebate on the contract by mistake. The monthly payment is still exactly what we agreed upon, though. Do they have a leg to stand on at all when they ask me to come in and sign a new contract with the 2 grand added back in?? The contract was signed by both parties.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks Stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    so you talked to the original owner and did not get a list of all the mods that he had done to it? Where he got the tune, wehter it has a maf extender on, upgraded fuel pumps etc?

the pullies are measured from where the belt rides not the outter lip...should be closer to 9.45...

8lb lower and harley upper is basically 14lbs of boost give or take some dependent on weather conditions, elevation

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Nah, I got everything out of him that he could remember. I didn't talk to the FIRST owner though (I'm the third, the guy I talked to was second).

He did:

1) Lower pulley

2) Flowmasters

3) K&N Cold Air

4) Diablo tune (he just said he flashed "some program")

5) Lowered the rear by 2 inches

Oh, and if it is 14 lbs, does the 75% efficiency that I've read about hold true? So it would actually be more like 10 lbs?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    get a boost gauge and I bet your right around 14lbs of boost

wondering if he jsut loaded the predator pulley tune in it and called it a day...

the tune was designed for 13-14lbs of boost...if the pred has the revised 8r9 or later revision in it..then it should be pretty fat....

but still 14lbs of boost....I would be making sure that I had a MAF extender on it....keeeps ya from peggin the maf and having truck go boom...this can happen in cold weather...colder air is denser air is more air.

14lbs of boost too....like I was saying good things for CYA at a minimum upgraded pumps and maf extender....and get your tune checked out to make sure that it is right...

hit up the GHTOC boys and make a GTG/Mod day soon with them so as they can go over your truck on spot and help you learn what has been done to the truck...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    take the predator and then

goto "options" then "show last tune written" and tell me what you see...

also make all other new threads in the correct forum....it will get more exposure....you are way off the beaten path here....and I cant move this thread to its rightful place...
    Last edited by bgstew6; 01-04-2007 at 11:56 PM.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Will do, Stew...thanks a mil for all the advice.

I'll get that program info this weekend too.

---Hunker

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    NP hunker....we are all here to help and share the knowledge.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast