Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New Owner, New Poster

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

New Owner, New Poster

Hey all : )

Just dropping by to introduce myself; I just got my 02 Harley F150 yesterday (Jan 2). I never thought I'd fall in love with a vehicle this fast and this much. It's phenomenal. It was a cherry, too; 45k miles and a totally clean Carfax with a bunch of extra goodies. Now if I can just figure out what all the past owner has done to the truck engine-wise (I know most of it, but the truck feels a great deal faster than I thought it would, so I'm assuming there's more than meets the eye). I have the K&N breather and the Diablo Predator, and a receipt for the pulley he/she installed (8lb pulley is what the receipt reads).

In any event, thanks for putting up an awesome group. I hope to be able to contribute verbally, and perhaps soon, financially

---Hunkerdown
    2002 Harley F150 S/C
    (need to go look at the number again)

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    welcome aboard...and hope you got some supporting mods for that 8lb lower and a damn good tune..

where from?

2003 H/D #6809
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    welcome
    2009 G8 GT<--FOR SALE or TRADE for 03 HD
    Vararam|axle backs, H pipe, mids/res delete|pedders coil overs|cortex|DDM 8k HIDs|20% tint|vortex fins|hidden hitch|spohn trailing arms|BMR full bushing kit
    GXP Mods:
    front bumper|diffuser
    SSv Mods:
    SSv badges
    Camaro Mods:
    20" MS rims|SS Brembo's

2007 ZX-14<-------FOR SALE
    16/41|pc3|dual leo vince|asv levers|lowered|DDM 6k HIDs|puig|sliders|ostrich skin

SOLD-----2003 HD #6809-----SOLD

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    As I said, I really have no idea what the truck has beyond the pulley, K&N, and the diablo tuner. This weekend I plan on finding out for sure.

What did you have in mind by "supporting mods"?

Oh, and I'm from NW GA, about 20 miles south of Chattanooga TN.

---Hunkerdown

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Nice...I used to Live in Rome...where my parents live now...

out in cali here...

8lb lower...supporting mods...for safety like bigger injectors, pumps, maf extender....things that keep ya from joining the VB club..

Hit up the GLOC chapter...great bunch of guys out there...

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hmmm, now ya got me worried I haven't had any problems, but like I said, I'm hoping my dad and me can get under the hood and poke around this weekend to see if we notice any additional mods.

It's really hard for me to spot what has been done and what hasn't. I'm fairly good with N/A engines (better with desktop computers...lol), but have nearly no experience with Superchargers.

---Hunkerdown

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    like I said hit up the Ga boys....they have there own chapter bunch of great guys that will help get you familiarized with your truck...IIRC they are having a GTG pretty soon at DbL Gs place.....

#4954, 12APR01
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    congrats and welcome. if you know your truck's build 3, please post here: http://www.nhtoc.com/vbforum/showthread.php?t=29818

and +1 to what bgstew6 above said about that #8 lower...there has been a string of guys with vented blocks lately. So try your very, very best to take it easy on the GO PEDAL!

Old Supporting Vendor
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Hunkerdown
    Hmmm, now ya got me worried I haven't had any problems, but like I said, I'm hoping my dad and me can get under the hood and poke around this weekend to see if we notice any additional mods.

It's really hard for me to spot what has been done and what hasn't. I'm fairly good with N/A engines (better with desktop computers...lol), but have nearly no experience with Superchargers.

---Hunkerdown
    Welcome! Don't worry just snap a bunch of pictures of the engine bay, post them up, and watch how fast the wise ones tell you what has been changed!

(Hint,Hint guys!)

Also measure your pulleys......there are a bunch of highly intelligent guys in the club! Get ready b/c it gets fun! Happy future modding!
    JLP Ram air, JLP filter, maf ext. Volant CAI, ported & polished TB, Ext.-Honed Ceramic coated & polished Plenum w/ ZEN alum. spacer, Stage 4 ported Heaton, ported lower intake, *** oil sep., Fluidyne H/E with dual fans, Alum. W/W tank, Metco 100mm pulleys, Metco 10#lower, Mad E-fan controller, 55# flow matched inj, Twin 255s, Tr6 plugs, Bassani c/b, Magnaflow midpipe w/cats, pcv and egr gone, Greg Evans valve body w/F350 pan and SD cooler, Fully Built By Boosted Performance(Stage 3 Romeo's with Manley and TF up top, all Manley in Short, ARP holding it together), Tuned by Amazon Tuning Solutions(safe street tune), *** panhard bar, Optima red top, Autometer, Aeroforce, and AEM gauges, JL Sub, L-spec Bilsteins rear, QA1-R's up front, L-swaybar, ABM hd/lts, Ford Racing euro tails, dvd w/backup camera, and Nav., ALWAYS NEED MORE SPEED!!!!! 400/500 club and climbing!
    519hp 575tq Dynojet Dyno 460hp 501tq Mustang Dyno

Old Supporting Vendor
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    They type faster than I do! They are also some of the wise ones!

Go Dawgs
    Name: Terry

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Welcome to the site, I live in Cartersville GA and work in Rome. You done good by coming to this site, there's a lot of useful information and there's a lot of people here that are more than willing to help and will go out of their way to help you..

SMOKEUMM
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I grew up in GA.,but have been living in FL.for about 8+ years now....I don't
    really miss ATL much due to the population and traffic!!! Anyway...WELCOME!!
    Measure the outside diameter of your lower pulley and we can tell you
    roughly what you have on their.9.0"=6lb. 9.50-9.75"=8lb. lower pulley.

NHTOC Paid Member
    Name: HOTSANDRAIL

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Last edited by HOTSANDRAIL; 01-07-2010 at 02:30 PM.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Welcome, drag that bad boy down here. You may want to consider getting a 6 lb'er verses that 8 lb. lower, as Stew stated we are having a large GTG this Jan. 20th in Marietta. You are truly welcome to come join us....
    GG

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HOTSANDRAIL
    Welcome!
    I'm located by Lake Lanier...

Stew...a good ole GA boy????
    LOL yup....

born in A town, resided in Sandy Springs when it was still Sandy Springs LOL

Moved away for a while Tx, then up north to Ill then back to ROme from 80-93, then joined the USMC and ended up in Cali where I stayed....will come back home one of these days..

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast