Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: belt length...chart

Slowest 03 HD n the WORLD
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joedpl View Post
    so do you think a 4080700 will work? I really don't want to do the tensioner (SP?) mod.
    should but drive to vatozone and try the belts on in the parking lot they SHOULD let you...

if they dont have it in stock just goto the next one.

you can drive without the blower belt on it is just a dog really... a slow one..

Quote Originally Posted by bgstew6 View Post
    I guessing 70 or 70.5
    correct MOST likely...

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    yep I drove around without a blower belt for 2 days after I had to mail my 0 lb back to RobW and waiting for my 6 lb to show up in the mail talk about restriction! lol

#8658, 6/3/02
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well, I ended up getting the 4080700 and it works great with the 6lb lower and the LFP 100mm idler pulley and the 100mm Metco aux idler kit. No belt slip what-so-ever now.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Can anyone tell me the correct length belt for a stock upper/8lb setup with stock idlers? According to that chart its saying I need 1.5inch smaller belt than I have now on my 6lb setup, which is 69.5".

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have a feeling that measurement was with the tensioner tab broken....as stated at the top..feel free to add....confirm or deny......

How hard is it to get the belt you have now on?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    No harder then stock and I think the tensioner is in about the same position as stock.

needs more cowbell!
    Name: Sheridan

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    What size Gatorback belt for stock Whipple upper 3.375 and stock lower with the tensioner tab removed?
    Yes officer... I am aware of how fast I was going!

Boosted by Whipple
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steinjr View Post
    What size Gatorback belt for stock Whipple upper 3.375 and stock lower with the tensioner tab removed?
    Stock

MotorCity T-Sport
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Update Submitted

5lb lower/2.93 upper, MP bracket, three 90MM idlers-70" Belt

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    updated

481/555 right now :-)
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    There always seems to be something different. I could use a little advice. Right now I have a stock upper pulley (3.25) with a 6# lower pulley and stock idlers (which I am guessing that they are 90mm because they measure around 3.5") and a motoblue idler setup, also a tensioner mod. I have a 4080700 belt on there now and it is real snug. In fact, it was hard to install. Now I am going to put on a Lightning upper pulley (2.93) and a 8# lower pulley. I was trying to see how much belt change for each.
    From what I can tell, going from a 6# to an 8# takes an inch away from the belt.
    The difference between the stock lightning and the stock harley which are the upper pullies that I am changing to and from is another inch the other way. Therefore the belt would stay the same but because the belt is so tight, a real PITA to install, would a 40807100 be right or should I go bigger to a 71.5" or a 72". Of course this doesn't match anything on the list. This is so confusing. OY, my head...

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bgstew6 View Post
    whipple, KB, MP , eaton.....all upper pullies should be centered in the same place, so no need to worry bout what type of SC is on....

Just the pulley sizes themselves and idler kits..and idler pulley sizes...
    Just a heads up, the KB's do sit a lot higher up, (at least the 2.6 & 2.8's), so the belt lengths will be different for those. The whipples sit pretty low so they may be the same as stock combos, but KB's big bore blowers sit way up higher. Noticed the big change between my eaton & MP bracket and the KB and MP bracket because you lose a lot of that belt wrap the MP provides with the eaton when you go KB because the pulleys up a couple more inches now instead of wrapped tightly around underneath. My KB came with a 68.0" belt for use with the stock lower, so that pretty much shows you the added belt length for the new height. I think it was a 3.5" upper for KB stock.

On another note, I see 68.5" listed for a stock HD upper and 4 lb lower. Do you guys think a 68.0" would fit with that combo with the tensioner mod? Its been so long I forget what the tensioner mod really adds in length (not taking Dallas's reply earlier of 1-2" worth much lol). I've got that brand new 68" from my KB setup, so I'd like to use it if I can.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Stock lower, and upper, LFP Deuce Upper Auxiliary Idler Pulley bracket, with two 90mm pulleys. Kit said to use 67" belt, but the stock 66" went right back on with no struggle. Still have the tab on the tensioner.

needs more cowbell!
    Name: Sheridan

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Anyone know the belt size for:
    Whipple 2.3
    2.75 Upper
    6lb lower
    Tensioner tab removed

Boost Its Whats 4 Dinner
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have searched and searched and cannot find this belt size. 2lb lower(8.10), factory idlers, 3.25 upper and modded tensioner tab. I think my truck has a 66" on it now cause before i modded the tensioner i could barely get the belt on. What do yall think?
    2002 Harley Davidson F150 5.4 supercharged DSG #1570
    Drop Shackle. Filled Silencer holes, Belt Tensioner Tab Mod, Metco 2LB Lower, Oil separator, Beer can mod on iac, K&N Panel with modded air box, and Custom Catback exhaust
    Waiting to be Installed: Nothing yet , Lack of Green

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast