Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: IRR Recall

shenanigans
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    that sucks snake, hope you get out of it....i'm going back to the middle east at the end of February. i havent even been home a year.....
    2001 Harley Davidson F150 SuperCrew w/ many mods SOLD

Navy Chief, Navy Pride
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Should feel lucky your number has not come up sooner. Like it has for so many others the past five years.

I don't know your personal situation. But I do know sitting IRR leaves you open. I tell all of my folks leaving active duty to affiliate with some command, or take your chances in the recall pool.

These days even being USN, dosen't preclude you from being trained to carry a rifile.
    '02 HD DSG (TVS, Bilsteins, G's Panhard, FTVB, Predator, S/B TB, C/L intake, CAI, 6lb Lower, L upper, Steigmier ported, X pipe, Magnaflow.
    '94 2.3L SVO powered Miata (In progress)

Sumo Blue
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    ****Update****

Made some calls today and found out all I have to do is resign my commission in the reserves.

I'd never heard of having to do that, but the Captain I spoke with (he's also the one in charge of the recall at MOBCOM) pointed me towards a CWO he works with. The CWO said all I needed was an email to him saying I wanted to resign my commission, they'd log it in the unit diary, and I'd be exempt. I think it took 3 minutes to type the email.

Supposedly I should get some paperwork in the next week saying I don't have to show up

--Snake

Sumo Blue
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 01harleydude
    that sucks snake, hope you get out of it....i'm going back to the middle east at the end of February. i havent even been home a year.....

Where you at in FL?

You got any kind of support network going on (family, friends, etc)??

--Snake

SEMPER FI
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    So SNAKE are you free and clear. or is the truck getting parked for awhile?

Sumo Blue
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    My bad Top -- I'm free and clear. Sorry for not posting that up earlier. Turns out that the exam I had from the orthopedic surgeon was enough to make them realize I wasn't medically qualified. Also didn't hurt that my reserve obligation termination date was last May. All I had to do was resign my commission in the reserves.

So I get to stick around.

Ironically, a guy I work with is a Major in the IRR and just got a certified letter last week from the Marines. I haven't talked to him in a few days to find out what it said...............might see him in 18 months!

--Snake

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2