Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Challenge coins

Fast with Class
    Name: Tony

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts

Challenge coins

Hi,

Has anyone thought of getting challenge coins made? For a price of 2-3 per coin (order min 300) we could have designs on both sides, silver, or brass, or bronze, anytype of outedge.

It would be cool to have our own club coin. Logo one side truck on the other.

Hell, we might be the only club to do it.
    Tony

Man this is expensive!!!
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I used to drop coins on people all the time when I was in the Army... might be cool at GTG's to see who's buying....LOL

I'm in...

#4954, 12APR01
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    great idea, shipmate!! For the benefit of our non-military brethren, here is a quick history lesson: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Challenge_coin
    Last edited by kromdom; 01-17-2007 at 10:10 PM.

Man this is expensive!!!
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    The coin check
    The tradition of a coin check is the most common way to ensure that members are properly carrying their coin. The coin check, which can be held at any time, begins with the challenger drawing his/her coin, holding it in the air, loudly announcing “coin check” and/or dropping the coin on the table or bar. (Should the coin be accidentally dropped, a coin check is still initiated.) Everyone being challenged must immediately produce the coin for their organization and anyone failing to do so must buy a round of drinks for the challenger and everyone else who has their challenge coin. However, should everyone challenged be able to produce their coin, the challenger must buy a round of drinks for the group.

The individual Coin Challenge is similar to the coin check. It is initiated by one individual to another at unit functions. Because unit coins are periodically updated and sold as a fundraiser, the most current unit coin is considered the senior coin for these challenges (coins that are purchased are considered "collectors's coins" as opposed to challenge coins). [citation needed] The challenger presents his/her coin to the challenged. If the challenged individual fails to produce their coin, they buy the challenger a drink. If the challenged individual produces their coin, and it is a previous edition of the unit coin, they buy the challenger a drink. If the challenged individual produces their coin, and it is the current edition of the unit coin, the challenger buy the challenged a drink.[1]

Another traditional use of the unit coin as used by members of the 82nd Airborne Infantry. The unit coin or personal coin of a high ranking individual is awarded to service members who performed meritoriously. Since members of this elite service group tend to be a little from the rough and danger-loving side, they from time to time, would bend a rule or cross the line and get into trouble. Paratroopers would use the coin to buy their way out of the minor infraction or dilemma.

Another version of Challenge Coin is to see who among the challenged has the highest ranking insignia. All others have to buy them a drink.

I had one of General Powells coins at the time....everyone used to have to buy for me....LOL.
    Last edited by 2manytrucks; 01-17-2007 at 10:48 PM.

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    need to get my collection shadow boxed up...

have about 100 or so from different units...all forces...
    6 from generals and 5 or so from admirals..

Navy Chief, Navy Pride
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Great idea. Now all I'll need to do is figure which coin will take precedence.

I'm in for a couple for sure.

Heck maybe we could even add that as another incentive to joining the site. Moderators?????????????????
    I can't begin to tell how many FREE beers I drank just for having mine around!

Just a quick poll what the highest coin you can produce???? I've got one from the Secretary of Defense.
    Last edited by CSR; 01-18-2007 at 12:34 AM.
    '02 HD DSG (TVS, Bilsteins, G's Panhard, FTVB, Predator, S/B TB, C/L intake, CAI, 6lb Lower, L upper, Steigmier ported, X pipe, Magnaflow.
    '94 2.3L SVO powered Miata (In progress)

Navy Chief, Navy Pride
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hey Tony. I don't know where you folks have gotten your coins before.

I have been working with Stateside for my last couple of commands (5+ years now). They only require an order of 100. Usually their first order runs $500 including set-up etc. The subsquent orders are in the $350 for 100 range. http://www.stateside-shopping.com/

Hopefully this might help. PM me if you would like some help with the project. Corey

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think it's a GRAND Idea, let's do it.............................
    IN MEMORY OF
    Blake (Fuzion) Finnel 12-3-1986 - 08-11-2007
    NHTOC #120

Fast with Class
    Name: Tony

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts

coin prices

All I did was a google search "make a coin".

Sure the price of the coin is directly related to the size and how many bells and whistles the coin has.

Any ideas what coin might look like? Here are some sites and prices:

http://www.wemakecoins.com/challenge_coin_prices2.html

http://www.coinforce.com/pricing.htm

http://www.coinsforanything.com/prices.htm

T

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Maybe we can get Brandon to draw some stuff up, I would like to help as well.
    We need too some how personalize this as well, not only this great site but,,,maybe year by year coin or Charter member, membership #..???????

We should ask Dwight first too make sure he likes this idea or not......

Maybe some smaller coins as well for post count levels or Vendor coins, Moderator (HINT,, HINT) just kidding about Moderator...

The Traveler
    NHTOC owner
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Dwight doesn't care!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Of course when we get some proofs ready we will slide them by your way for thr Stamp of approvial.....

Let's get rolling Guy's and Gal's...

Summit some art work and we should figure out who to send it too, then start narrowing down.
    Maybe one side just NHTOC stuff/logo and the other Local Chapter or??????

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I would be in for some. You could even do by class like the f150s and superdutys and such! I dont know how many I have from the military. we alway cary spare for every deployment and trade with other units! I have had many drinks from coin checking!

Navy Chief, Navy Pride
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well, we will need two designs one for the back and one for the front.
    I would like to caution the $$$ go up for each unique/tailored design.
    Even harder for all to agree.

Start with the usual 1.5" diameter coin.
    Possibly the NHTOC logo on one, and some radical image of our beloved HD on the other.
    It just needs to be DSG in color!! LOL

shenanigans
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    this would be cool! harley0862 should be able to hook us up with a cool sketch...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast