Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Lowering '07 AWD

RoadKing
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Lowering '07 AWD

The dealer installed a DJM 3.5/5 lowering kit on my '07 AWD and it looks like the back is sagging lower than the front. Any ideas on what could be wrong?

My Screename doesn't work
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    pics please!

Around When I Can...
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmango345
    The dealer installed a DJM 3.5/5 lowering kit on my '07 AWD and it looks like the back is sagging lower than the front. Any ideas on what could be wrong?

I wouldn't go as far to say something is wrong. Does it appear to be an 1" lower in the rear? Or something as small as a 1/4"?

Measure from the CENTER of the wheel to the bottom of the fender flare. Front and back, post your answers.

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    how long ago...

taking the block out and putting shackles on the rear would drop instantly and not need time to really settle down. much..

now on the front if they did springs...and arms....give it a week and see....then measure like Fuzzy said...and see what you get.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

So low?

I was told with the all wheel drive you can only lower the front 2 inches? Is this true? I have an 06 but it needs to be lowered about 2 more inches.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The shop probably didn't install the 1"lift shackles to bring the back up to 5" after they did the flip. Here's mine with the same kit installed. Mines a 2wd but you couldn't tell by how high it was when I got it. Good luck! Pics of mine are in the tread below.

http://www.nhtoc.com/vbforum/showthread.php?t=30598

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    First off the DJM kits were made for trucks with out the factory lifting block above the axle (which the HD F150 has). Second when installing the flip kit this block must be removed so you get around a 7" drop with the flip kit. I called DJM about this problem and they told me that I would also need to buy and install the LIFTING HANGER to go along with the lifting shackle that came with my 3.5"/5" kit to bring it back up to a 5" drop. Once I install the hanger the rear of the truck looks great. The coustomer service rep also told me that I should have just removed the stock lifting block and use the 2-3" drop shackle and this would have given me a 4-5" rear drop depending on which hole in the drop shackle I used.
    I would recomend just buying the 2.5" or 3.5" front lower control arms and removing the rear factory block and buying the Drop shackle. This would be mush cheaper and easier than the flip kit. Lifting Hanger EH3204 was an extra $167.95 on top of the $599.95 for the 3.5"/5" complete kit.
    Hope this is usefull.

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    ah good info there!

i imagine the front hangers are the same as the gen 1 HD's too and riveted to the frame and a nice PITA to get off. if thats the case it may be worth your while to take the flip kit off, just do drop shackles with the blocks removed as 56ford has said. for labor and money, i'd definately consider it

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 56fordf100 View Post
    The coustomer service rep also told me that I should have just removed the stock lifting block and use the 2-3" drop shackle and this would have given me a 4-5" rear drop depending on which hole in the drop shackle I used.
    I would recomend just buying the 2.5" or 3.5" front lower control arms and removing the rear factory block and buying the Drop shackle. This would be mush cheaper and easier than the flip kit. Lifting Hanger EH3204 was an extra $167.95 on top of the $599.95 for the 3.5"/5" complete kit.
    Hope this is usefull.
    What all has to be done to remove the block? Different U-Bolts? Has anyone went this route with dropping their AWD yet?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well answered my own question..I'm going to start by removing the leaf blocks as soon as the 2WD spring u-bolts arrive (Ford Part #4L3Z5705FA for anyone wondering). After that I'm thinking 2.5" DJM LCA's and 2" Shackle... should be a 2.5/4 drop then if I'm correct. Will just have to figure out what degree of shim I will need to have a close to stock pinion angle.. Will I need the shock extenders or go rear lowering shocks after? As far as I know you don't need to replace the front shocks with the DJM 2.5" LCA's... please correct me if Im wrong...

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You will need new shocks for the back, we looked all over and could not find shock extenders for the 2004-Present F150. The front Spring/Strut don't need chanded if you are going to use DJM's control arms. If your intrested I have a set of Custom Black powder coated 2.5" DJM Lowering control arms that we took off my 07HD (I changed to Air Bags) they were used for only about a month and still look great. I am going to list them with Pic in the parts section.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Finally ordered my parts this afternoon to do this drop... Have the U-Bolts sitting here still but I think i'll do it all at once... wish me luck! I'll post pics when Im done...

4Sale in the classifieds
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Luck!!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rear shackles finally showed today, done with the rear block removal and GF Shackles... still have a whole 21" from center of wheel to fender lip....not as low as I thought I would get outta those two things.. ohwell anyone remember the stock center of wheel to fender lip? I thought it was 23 3/4" but cant remember.. going to do the control arms tomorrow.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Finished the LCA's tonight, needs an alignment BAD!, I couldn't even take it for much of a test drive... i'll post pics and whatnot after the alignment..

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast