Read This Before you Buy a USED Predator!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Little info from Venom and myself to help you guys out with buying used Predators.....These steps should be good for both 8r9 and 8r10 Revisions.

How to verify the Predator has been unlocked and ruturned to stock

1) If you have access to the Pred and a truck, plug it in (a good idea to make sure it boots and says either Lightning or 5.4 Supercharged) If no truck, then power it with a 12v supply like you would for a firmware update.

Here's the important part-

2) After power up Select "options" fromt he menu
3) Then select "show last tune written" from the menu
4) If it's anything other than "stock tune" is displayed then the Predator is still VIN locked to another vehicle and will only be good for reading OBDII codes and dataloggin on your truck.

If you don't have access to it (ebay or whatever) make sure the seller double checks it - personally I would probably want a digital pic of the "last tune written - stock tune" screen emailed to me.

Diablosport will NOT do anything to unlock one! They used to but will not do it anymore.

How to Return a Predator to Stock:

IF you are returnig the vehicle to stock DO NOT SELECT RESTORE FACTORY HP TUNE!!!!!! It will upload a copy of your stock tune into the vehicle BUT IT WILL NOT UN LOCK IT FROM THE VEHICLE!!!!!

1) Plug the Predator in
2) Select OPTIONS from the first menu
3) Select TROUBLESHOOTING from next menu
4) Select RESTORE ORIGINAL BACKUP from the next menu
5) Select YES from the next menu
6) Follow the onscreen options from this point out....