Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: FS:2001 F-150 Harley Davidson

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    NADA is typically high around my area, KBB is more accurate but even it's high. I sold my '01 Harley 18 months ago for 21k with only 36k miles on it with a bedrug liner and a Gaylord X2000 cover. My truck was flawless too.

RickC

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    $18,000......anyone???

loving life in Garmisch
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Some twit on base, is selling his 01 harley which is ugly as with bright orange badly done metallic paint down the middle, yuk and nasty exhaust pipe and dirty interior for just under 19,000 dollars with 109,000 miles, trust me you can get more for yours. not only that , not far from here, some guy had 3 harleys on his lot, all over 100,000 miles, one 2003 two tone and i cant remember the other 2 he had, but the interior to all three had ripped leather, the bed liners were missing, the stripes were peeling off the 2003, the paint was badly chipped on all 3 and they all stunk of smoke and were not very nicely kept, i am talking they were shameful looking but the best part was, his lowest asking price for the oldest one which if i remember was an 02 with close to like 120,000 miles and was nasty as for 31,000 dollars, if you come down to texas, trust me, you will get more the value for money at this dealer. You could sell yours down here for like $50,000

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    lol, i would love $50,000 for it!!! well I do have family in Ft. Worth, but I still dont see a dealer paying more then 16k for it. The used car manager at my work explained it to me like this...he said that dealers want to pay black book price and sell for blue book price. By doing that, dealers could make a lot more off a car. For example, car-max in Laural, MD wanted to give me $12,000 for my truck when it had 68,000 miles on it. At that same time they had a perfect '02 that had 34k on it for $25,495 no haggle, and they had an '01 that had 75K on it and in good shape, not great but good, and had that listed at $19,250 no haggle. If I would have traded it to them for $12k they would have had it on there lot next day listed at $21,000

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I just need this thing sold, its coming up on the due date for the twins and I havnt even looked at suv's yet. I know what your saying Tara, I should get $19K for my truck, its worth it....but no one will pay that unfortunatly.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    still for sale at $18,000

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    great lookin truck, shame everybody wants the s/c ones.
    im in the market to get one myself, truthfully i want a '03. but i know ill hate myself for the extra $, and the ****ty milage.

T888 Recall
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohhhh '1 Harley View Post
    I just need this thing sold, its coming up on the due date for the twins and I havnt even looked at suv's yet. I know what your saying Tara, I should get $19K for my truck, its worth it....but no one will pay that unfortunatly.
    Do the 5th seat mod and you won't need an SUV. My wife's 01 has the 5th seat and she loves it. Out of all the SUVs we tried (i.e. Escape, Expedition, Surburban), the only one that really had the room and accessories that we liked with kids was the Surburban. But I'm not going with a monster truck like that again. 40 gal fuel tank would smack my wallet down hard. It sure was a cruiser for those long distance trips.

I have the 02 DSG also and it's a ton of fun to drive. But lately it's been sitting in the driveway. Been riding the 109 a lot.

-Del

T888 Recall
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dderek View Post
    im in the market to get one myself, truthfully i want a '03. but i know ill hate myself for the extra $, and the ****ty milage.
    I've compared the mileage between my 01 and 02 and to be honest. They are very close at about 16-19 mpg on the highway with A/C running. Of course the 02 mostly gets worse mileage due to the lead foot driving it.

But look at it this way. A buddy has a new 350Z and he gets worse gas mileage than the 02 DSG. 14-15 mpg compared to my 16-19 mpg.

I guess the fact that the 02-03 S/C Harleys are really the few muscle trucks still available leads to people wanting them. I was just talking with my wife yesterday saying that it I had to buy something else that didn't have the performance of my 02 DSG, I would hate it. Once you get used to a S/C vehicle, it's hard to want to drive anything else.

Don't get me wrong, the 01 is a great truck and I drive my wife's a lot. It's the family vehicle with all the DVD players and stuff in it. Plus room for 5..

-Del

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dderek View Post
    yeah it is a shame that the '01 doesnt sell better....the s/c ones are great too, but if your looking to save money on overall price, and insurence then buy an '01 harley....dont forget they can be supercharged!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    ive thought about the 5th seat conversion but I would rather have a V6 explorer with the 3rd row....Trust me I love my Harley but it is time to let it go....if I ever find a buyer!!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    TTT for sale at $18,000.00.........I am very negotiable!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2