Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Feb 2007 Truck Of The Month - Congrats to Jeff "1JT" Taylor! (NHTOC #426)

Yeah... I drive fast.
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thumbs up Feb 2007 Truck Of The Month - Congrats to Jeff "1JT" Taylor! (NHTOC #426)

Good day campers and welcome to another NHTOC Truck of the Month.

This months TOTM is Jeff Taylor's 2001 HD truck. Very clean and tastefully done. Congratulations!

Question # 1: What sparked your interests in the Harley trucks?
    Specifically your HD Truck?

I was in the market for a new vehicle and in late 2000 and the F-150 super crew sparked my interest. About a month later I saw the new F-150 super crew in a magazine as an advertisement. In April of 2001 I went to the dealership to order a Harley Truck and low and behold there was one on the showroom floor. I told the salesman that “I wanted that truck,” The rest is history

Question # 2: Any interesting stories behind the history of vehicles
    you've owned leading up to the HD truck or how you got it?

I‘ve always been a truck person since I started to drive. I have customized every truck I have owned. My 1st was a 1975 Chevy LUV pickup; it had side pipes, fender flares and a spoiler. Next was a 1978 Chevy van that I tricked out every way you could i.e., wall on wall carpet, diamond tuck and mirrors just to mention a few things. I next bought a Ford courier that a put a V-8 in. Next was a lifted Toyota pick-up and now I own a 01 and 03 Harley Truck which my wife will tell you the 03 is hers.

Question # 3: Give me a rough list of the mods that have been done to your truck. I know you've got a lot done, so you can just list for favorites if you'd like!
    Vortech supercharger w/ alkey injection
    Lightning Long Block
    Shorty headers
    Twin electric fans
    40 series Flowmasters w/ before tire exhaust exit
    Harley emblem etched in the rear glass
    Retrax rolling bed cover
    Lowered two inches in the rear
    Gel overlay
    Reflex ion hood
    Two head rest TV’s and one front floor mounted tv
    Digital boost/vac gauges and a digital a/f gauage
    Rear sway bar
    Chrome door handles
    Billet gas door
    Backup camera
    Projection Head lamps
    Billet lower front grill
    Tuning by my good friend Brad at RPM

EDIT: Engine image added ;)

Question # 4: Tell us a little about yourself. Your other hobbies, your job, your favorite past time, whatever!

About me. Raised as a military brat. Grew up mostly in Cali. Whet to high school and middle school in Maryland. Moved back to Cali, went into the air force as a firefighter for 4 years. Stationed at places like Charleston, SC, Kunsan, Korea, Del Rio, TX, saw time in Grenada and Honduras. After leaving the Air Force went back to work for the DoD as a firefighter at Warren Robins, GA. Quit that job and moved back to Cali were I went to work at an alarm company. Went through all the ranks of an Alarm Company. I finally settled for a job as an Engineer in a major Cali hospital. I still work in the alarm industry to help fund my hobbies. To include my truck, wakeboarding and computers. Oh and in case my wife is reading this we just had our 20 year wedding anniversary (hint for more mods)

Question # 5: You've been a member on the site for a while now, what is one of the best things you like about the site that keeps you around?
    Everyone here is great although some of us have our difference, but that’s what makes use unique. There is a world of knowledge here. The people are great, I just came back from an event in Southern Cali were I meet up with some of the brother hood and was treated like a family member. When ever I get a chance a turn people on to this site. As most of you might or might not know but in the department I work in there are 8 engineers 3 of us own Harley trucks.

Question # 6: What is one suggestion to help make the site a better place?
    It would be nice if there was a way to send a member who is online a real time private message that would pop up on their screen.

Question # 7:
    This is where I normally ask about where you decided on your screen name and any specific reason for choosing it?

Never thought I’d be part of an online forum, a lot of the forums do not allow some of the features of their site without registering. So in hast I tried to use JT but that was not enough letters, so I added a 1 in front of it to satisfy the letter count. If I did it all over again it would be SC2001HD.

Question # 8: Almost at the end, what is in the future for your truck?, so what’s the next plan of attack for your trucks future?!
    Since Vortech introduced an after cooler I will probably put one on and increase the boost from 7psi to 14 psi and some 4.11 gears.

Question 9: Last and final question, just an open end question for if you had anything else you wanted to mention that I didn’t have a question for...here's the place to go at it! Your website link, a plug for something, etc. etc. whatever you want to throw in!

I would like to dedicate this award to a former member, who pasted away a couple of years ago, Mark (TRKGUY) what a great guy. The attached picture is of his 03 Harley. He would have made the cut for TOTM.

Agreed. It is very thoughtful for you to include and pay tribute to TRKGUY.

In closing and on behalf of the entire community at NHTOC, thanks for being a supporting member for all these years, and for always being there to help everybody out!! Congrats on TOTM February, 2007!

Respectfully,

Bob
    Last edited by Speedin Bob; 02-02-2007 at 11:04 AM.

My Screename doesn't work
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats!

needs more cowbell!
    Name: Sheridan

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Way to go!
    Yes officer... I am aware of how fast I was going!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Nice!
    2003 HARLEY DAVIDSON F-150 #2888 (Black) of 10,047. Born on 1/23/03.
    Formerly "100th#2888"

Dual Magnaflows w/ X, HID headlights, LED rear, L 3rd, Line of Fire, Roush fogs, Eibach 1" front drop, 2" Bell Tech rear drop, "L" spec Bilsteins at all 4, Ported and Polished throttle body, Custom polished stock upper, Volant intake, METCO Idler pulleys, Innovations ProSport. TRADED IN ON 6/3/08. Fun while the ride lasted. U.S. NAVY SEABEES RETIRED.

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts

Thumbs up

Nice job 1JT.....Vortech...alky...14psi & 4.10's coming soon...look-out brotherhood!

RLTW!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Awesome truck JT, very unique with the Vortech (to this site), congratulations!

Saint

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Grats my brother. Job well done.

"Fuzion" 1986-2007 R.I.P.
    Name: Troy

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    Congrats!

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Congrats Jeff!!! you've always been around to help others out when they've needed it, from the very early days of the harley truck forums! definately a well deserved award!

you make the NHTOC proud!

Around When I Can...
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats..... we need an engine shot! Very deserved, i feel out of the loop though, i never new TRKGUY passed away. I always wondered where he went. If i remember right, didn't he look like Santa?
    Last edited by Fuzion; 02-01-2007 at 04:32 PM.

4Sale in the classifieds
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Nice ride Jeff!!!

Gotta Get There
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congratulations Jeff....Well deserved....

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Nice one jeff, good job!

Name: Dave

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Congratulations!!!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzion
    Congrats..... we need an engine shot! Very deserved, i feel out of the loop though, i never new TRKGUY passed away. I always wondered where he went. If i remember right, didn't he look like Santa?
    I submitted a engine pic? I guess I'll have to upload it to the gallery. I think Mark passed when you were having problems at home and the internet.

Wanted to just thank everyone

Just checked on the engine pic. Looks like I forgot send it out. I will upload one later.
    Last edited by 1jt; 02-02-2007 at 01:06 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast