Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Comments and Suggestions on the "How-To" section

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wink Comments and Suggestions on the "How-To" section

I have closed the "How-To Index" to posts. The mods can add items, but we will keep the suggestions and comments in this separate thread---Dwight...

This needs to be a sticky..
    Last edited by BigD; 02-28-2007 at 01:07 PM.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Goodness

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    i PM'ed BigD to see if he could make this a sticky for us. the how-to sections just get confusing with a dozen stickies up top, and lots more sticky-worthy threads that havent been stuck yet. this way, with a main index sticky, all the best how-to's are easily found, and 1/2 the how-to forums isnt misc. stickies. just makes it a little easier for us all.

also i think the how-to forums should be combined. i thought this thread magically disappeared at first, then realized we have a How-to section here, then another how-to section in the 00-03 forum. should we merge the two?

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I just stickified it this....

been working on How too;s here, as being the mod for this section....I got about 20 more that need to be cleaned up and posted....etc...

I had wondered the same thing when Big D made me a mod for How to's why we had two sections....and I was mod of one and not the other....so I marched on with my section...
    Last edited by bgstew6; 02-27-2007 at 05:52 PM.

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    could we unstick all the others in this forum? and combine it with the 00-03 How-to forum?

dont really need EVERY how-to stickied up top if thats the case, there's about 70-80 more stickies needed to cover all the how-to's

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    eanything can be done...they were stuck as to keep peeps from having to search for them ....much as you have done with the links...or the others can be uncstuck and sent here....and merge makes no difference to me...run it by the Big D and see what he wants to do and I am game for it.

Like I said no one had done anything with the other section...and I can stay on as mod or whatever makes him happy...

slow process of me keeping them at the top....reading through how to's, cleaning up worthy ones...all in an attempt to get to one section where everything was a how to and not some rambling......

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    And a Job well done Stew, Huge task and much appreciated...

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Nice work ! This is one Sticky that I may need to bookmark !

Yeah, it's fast...
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    another reason why I LOVE this site!

The Traveler
    NHTOC owner
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Hi Stew,

I unstickied (is that a word?) the ones stuck here, and only left the link to the NLOC "How To" and the new index stuck.

I agree that all of the "How To" posts should be in one section. Let me look at the best solution, and I will PM you about it.

Welcome back.

...Dwight...

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Dwight, thanks for combining all the how-to forums into one. is there any way we can combine the sub-forums into just one forum? its still just a bit confusing with 4 forums for how-to's and i KNOW guys are gonna post here when they should technically post there, or post there when they should technically post here, etc. I think one big combined how-to forum would work out okay for all the year HD's, since this main index page can be updated with all the stickies to find for members searching, and many of the how-to's are relevant across the board no matter what year truck.

also as i said, whenever somebody has another how-to, just post up a link here and I will edit it into my original post. I've got it saved on a word document on my computer, so I can copy paste updates easily and have a backup. If anybody even has duplicate how-to's with better pics & descriptions, i'll change the links as well. some of the links up there are just discussions/questions that eventually lead to a how-to, and could be replaced with better step by step ones, but for the mean time, its better than nothin! I've got a bunch myself I need to throw on there, but havent had the time yet.

The site's getting better and more resoursful every day!

T888 Recall
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I typically make "How To:" threads sticky and locked once they are completed on my forums. Takes admin access of course.. I also try to keep the format consistent as well. I know it's hard with so many people contributing.

-Del

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    That’s why Stew was anointed; it will need more then just some fair consideration fore sure. We had planned on going thru it and crooning everything and re-writing them so to speak. In fact Stew had started this process prior to his visit to the land laced with Morphine.
    Perhaps since Josh started the ball so too speak you two should get together and follow up ...
    Last edited by Dbl G; 02-28-2007 at 09:26 AM.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    A lubricant/fluids chart would be handy

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    what i thought would be cool, since BigD already started one thread with downloadable finished how-to's you can print out in PDF form, is if whoever, stew, myself, delmustator, garret, dwight, etc. organized something up to expand that. good pics, detailed instructions, step by step procedure of some of the better how-to's, then make them into adobe pdf's that users can download and open up. or if we have space availabe on the server to have an actual how-to section with pages, instead of just a forum thread. would make a nice, organized, professional looking how-to section for the how-to's that are done up in full detail.

of course still keep this thread and this section for new how-to's and guys searching for other tips and hints besides just the how-to's and go a little more indepth, but i think a page with fully done up pdf how-to's would be pretty cool

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast